JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 am

ethanr wrote:I'm excited he's signed.

Still don't know what you guys have against Downing, I think he's a talent.

He's average at best. I honestly haven't seen much of him at Villa but remember him being pretty ordinary for 'Boro. There is no way that bloke has improved that much from going to 'Boro to Villa.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:39 am

Kenny Kan wrote:

He's average at best. I honestly haven't seen much of him at Villa but remember him being pretty ordinary for 'Boro. There is no way that bloke has improved that much from going to 'Boro to Villa.

Not to keen on him myself bam , but he does have a boss cross on him . His set pieces are good and he was villa's player of the year . That doesn't say much like but i don't think he's a donkey just not very spectacular.

On the Henderson signing I'm much more happy knowing we paid £13 million and eggnog rather than the £20 million cash .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

Not to keen on him myself bam , but he does have a boss cross on him . His set pieces are good and he was villa's player of the year . That doesn't say much like but i don't think he's a donkey just not very spectacular.

On the Henderson signing I'm much more happy knowing we paid £13 million and eggnog rather than the £20 million cash .

Over the moon we got 7 mil for egnogg
Deal of the century
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:47 am

Sunderland offal has that we agreed a fee, but nothing on ngog, I think we will hear from our offal soon
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:49 am

metalhead wrote:Sunderland offal has that we agreed a fee, but nothing on ngog, I think we will hear from our offal soon

Thats because they've only just learnt how to use computers up there..
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby kawaton » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:55 am

dundreamin wrote:KAWATON all the kenny mistakes WON. A league winners medal. Or to you A PREMIERSHIP LEAGUE MEDAL:D

and? (i don't think Don Hutchison did, he didnt make enough appearances that season to get a medal)

They were still sh.it. If you think they weren't im really pleased for you like, but i disagree. 
Rosenthal had a good first half of the season.  Was utterly sh.it after that tho.
Speedie had a good record, but Ngog would have had a good record as a striker in that side.

If you talk the way you type, you must be so annoying to be around!
kawaton

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:57 am

Its a reasonable deal... but a long term investment. 13 Mill these days is the going rate for a good young English player I suppose. (sorry dont value wash N go at much more than a couple of million)

Henderson will not come in and make a big impact for a few seasons.. but we will see a good return on the investment IMHO. he is even now a good solid player and is probably as good as Lucas, even though he is a more advanced forward thinking central midfielder.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:06 am

Reds agree Henderson deal
8th Jun 2011 - Latest News

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson.

The 20-year-old will today discuss personal terms and undergo a medical on Merseyside after a fee was agreed between the two clubs.

offal

------------

nothing on Ngog.. so he is staying?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:08 am

13 million plus Ngog for a talented local player, not bad at all. Well done Liverpool.

Now let's start getting some quality into the team. :)
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby desmdlow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:34 am

Great signing. 1 for the present with future in mind.. Excellent! This should be the way signings should be done. Back to basic for me.. In Kenny we trust! Oh not forgetting Comolli & Owner. Cheers!
desmdlow

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 am

We need to put things into perspective. Kenny clearly favours domestic talent. Unfortunately there is a premium for domestic talent but if it means a successful team who already can play and adapt to the constraints of the Premiership then I am all for it.

I get the impression that Dalglish likes the format of a team of hard workers (Kuyt, Lucas, Henderson, etc) , with a few scattered world class game changers (Suarez, Gerrard, Reina, etc).
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Over the moon we got 7 mil for egnogg
Deal of the century
:D

Torres is the deal of the century  :D

Comolli is a killer.

Anyway Henderson is a good and young player. Is a good sign.
Alex88

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:16 pm

It's a very typical Commoli signing and it looks like we will be taking the same approach they applied at Spurs of buying up young British (Lennon, Bale, Dawson, Jenas, Defoe etc) talent which is no bad thing. I still think he is massively over-priced and i'm wondering where he fits into a very crowded centre-midfield but to get the reported £7 million for Ngog as a makeweight is a sound piece of business.

I'm not a massive fan of buying Downing tbh, he's a decent player there's no doubt but the club have made so many middle of the road buys when it comes to wide players (Pennant, Gonazalez, Nunez, Jovanovic) and none of them have paid off. I'd prefer to see the club pay TOP dollar for one of the top prospects out there. Although i still think young Sterling will be a contributor this season and a star in the making.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:38 pm

5. Jordan Henderson (Sunderland): Having won the Black Cats' Young Player award in 2009/10 and been handed a five-year contract, hopes were high for Henderson on Wearside - and he only turned 20 in June.

But his steady rise suddenly went meteoric in the space of a few months. Soon after making his England Under-21 debut, he was in the full England squad for the friendly against France and although he struggled in that game and his club form subsequently dipped, he never lost his drive and determination and ended up starting all but one of Sunderland's Premier League fixtures - a considerable achievement for one so young.

His rapid maturity led to Steve Bruce playing him in central midfield even though his excellent crossing ability makes him arguably more effective wide right. But it's also Henderson's endurance and stamina that marks him out and he's now set to join Liverpool for around £20million.

TeamTalk - Young Players of the Season

Note: 4: Andy Carroll,  3: Gareth Bale, 2: Javier Hernandez, 1: Jack Wilshere.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:51 pm

DominicKing_DM Dominic King
Henderson flying to Denmark this afternoon. Great potential but won't be costing #LFC £20m. Fee will be closer to £16m.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion