Johnson - ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:14 pm

sorry anyway i do wanna make friends on here soz dude:cool
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:15 pm

Well post something constructive. At least if i disagree then i can rip your arguement to shreds and it becomes a debate as apose to me reading a one line post and rolling my eyes.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:17 pm

Look, fair do's, u wanna talk to lads (and girls) abar footy. Go for it, thats why we're all here.

But don't post one liners that have little relivance. If you're going to make a statement, expand on it. Why do you think like you do, what makes your point valid in your mind, whats interesting.

Don't just make a statement, tell us why you think that aswell. It will make life SO much easier.
115-1073096938

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:18 pm

ok en but yur bein sarcastic on everything i say if we start to talk bou something then i will start chattin u no?
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:19 pm

alright en fair point i'll start doin tha:D
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Redrider » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 pm

stu_the_red wrote:No, Redrider, you clearly said Cisse and Baros are in the first team anyway. I say why?

Why if we can get better than them then we should. Baros and Cisse aren't world class and never will be. Excellent players they may become, but neither are in Anelka's league.

Personally, i'm not for signing Morientes, he's not my style of player, but he's a better player than what we have in that position and i trust Raffa to make the right signing.

They are in under current circumstances, because they are the best we have.
And I do agree, there are better out there and that probably includes Anelka, but I am concened that all the top clubs steer clear of him and perhaps we are seeing why as he manipulates City into selling him, with his feigned back injury !!
As I said previously, I have not seen enough of Morientes to pass any comment.
Cheers, Stu   :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:28 am

No, Redrider, you clearly said Cisse and Baros are in the first team anyway. I say why?

Why if we can get better than them then we should. Baros and Cisse aren't world class and never will be. Excellent players they may become, but neither are in Anelka's league.

Personally, i'm not for signing Morientes, he's not my style of player, but he's a better player than what we have in that position and i trust Raffa to make the right signing.

So because Morientes isn't you're type of player Liverpool shouldn't sign him? Get of your high horse.

Morientes is the type of player who can score in the box when you give him a clear chance. We need that type of player as this season we had so many chances but because we didn't have a prolific striker, we couldn't score.

Morientes was made for English football imo, he can score and    create chances for others.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Matt*Lfc » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:35 am

Hehe Hit a nerve there with the Anelka comment but thats what is great about football everyone has there own opinions and I have mine so even if you dont agree please dont start saying I know nothing about football just coz you dont agree .
ok here are the facts in the Premier this season .

I have seen anelka play and have never thought ****** that guy is good and with baros quite a few times I have been well impressed especially in the Euros and this season he is improving all the time .

This seasons facts :

ANELKA         BAROS

GOALS            6                8
SHOTS           23              17
SHOT/GOAL    4.60            2.67
MINS/GOAL     226             129
GOAL/GAME    0.37            0.57

Yes I agree that Anelka is a Quality player but `In my Opinion ` over rated .

Oh and Stu you do post a lot of interesting and great posts and I respect you for that but please dont diss new members because you think they have less knowledge or dont have the ability to put there thoughts down in words as good as you or some others on here.
Matt*Lfc

Postby Matt*Lfc » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:42 am

This Web page sums it up and is put better than I could please read:

Premiership: Anelka - Return of the Sulk
Matt*Lfc

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:43 am

Anelka plays for a side whose midfield does not feed him the ball very well while Baros gets great balls from Gerrard,Alonso,etc...

Anelka has been prolific for the past three seasons for Man City and thats a fact
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Matt*Lfc » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:49 am

I understand where you are coming from A.B but I have not seen his qualitys as you have but after doing some homework like you requested Lol  :D I found out that Anelka scores most goals from the Left side of the area and Baros the right side maybe they would be the perfect partnership
Matt*Lfc

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:52 am

Both Anelka and Morientes would be good with Baros in order to form a great partnership.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:12 am

So because Morientes isn't you're type of player Liverpool shouldn't sign him? Get of your high horse.

Morientes is the type of player who can score in the box when you give him a clear chance. We need that type of player as this season we had so many chances but because we didn't have a prolific striker, we couldn't score.

Morientes was made for English football imo, he can score and create chances for others.

Who said we shouldn't sign him? I certainly did.

All i said was i recognise the fact he's a top quality player but i personally would prefere Anelka. If we sign Morientes he'll get the same chance to prove himself anyone else gets. I'm not gonna complain, just my stance is out of the two i'd take what i know IE Anelka because he is simply top class. If we signed them both then i'd be even happier.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:25 am

Hehe Hit a nerve there with the Anelka comment but thats what is great about football everyone has there own opinions and I have mine so even if you dont agree please dont start saying I know nothing about football just coz you dont agree .
ok here are the facts in the Premier this season .

I have seen anelka play and have never thought ****** that guy is good and with baros quite a few times I have been well impressed especially in the Euros and this season he is improving all the time .

This seasons facts :

ANELKA         BAROS

GOALS            6                8
SHOTS           23              17
SHOT/GOAL    4.60            2.67
MINS/GOAL     226             129
GOAL/GAME    0.37            0.57

Yes I agree that Anelka is a Quality player but `In my Opinion ` over rated .

Oh and Stu you do post a lot of interesting and great posts and I respect you for that but please dont diss new members because you think they have less knowledge or dont have the ability to put there thoughts down in words as good as you or some others on here.

I don't express my thoughts as well as i could.

But what i will ask...

1. How old are you?
2. Do you play the game?
3. Do you attend matches on a regular basis or have you in the past at some point?

I've seen Anelka up close about 30 times now. Once or twice he's been a bit off. But in general he oozes class. His touch, technique, vision, passing and link up play are outstanding. He often plays excellent passes and gets players into great positions. His pace, as we all know is eletric. He is a very classy finisher aswell and his ability to hold the ball up is fantastic. I've watched him time and time again, he knows when to hold the ball up and if he decides to do it, he is VERY difficult to get the ball off down to excellent skill and good strength.

As for Baros he is very quick like Anelka. He is probably a similar level of finisher, i'd rate Anelka SLIGHTLY better but not much. Baros can use his head better though. Baros however is poor in terms of link up play. I mean personally, you might like your players to run down blind alleys and not bring others into play but i don't. The amount of times Baros does something fantastic then something stupid is beyond a joke. Baros also rarely plays a good ball. He either doesn't play a pass of plays a normal pass which doesn't get anyone anywhere. Thats fine if you have other strengths, but he doesnt. He has a very poor footballing brain. The amount of times Baros could play one two's with players but doesn't is so annoying. Also Baros has an erratic touch, sometimes its good, others its heavy. I can't fault him for effort and work rate, but alot of the time he does his work in the wrong places.

When you watch a player at a game like Owen or Anelka and you learn about football, you can see where they should pass the ball or what they could do, more often than not, the great players do what you expect. Players like Baros however dont. They often frustrate you and the rest of the fans in the ground. Everyone has time for Baros because at the moment he's probably our best striker and he ALWAYS gives 100% but sometimes that doesn't make up for a lack of talent.

He often holds on the ball to long, he takes his own players out of the game, he stops momentum in attacks, he often runs the ball out of play, he tries to do to much aswell.

The real class players don't do these things, if they do its a one off. Baros does them all 3 of 4 times a game.

As good as he is, to suggest he's anywhere near the class of player Anelka is, is sheer madness.

I could probably name at least 10 strikers in England better than Baros. Blind loyalty wins you nothing i'm affraid.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:10 am

All i said was i recognise the fact he's a top quality player but i personally would prefere Anelka. If we sign Morientes he'll get the same chance to prove himself anyone else gets. I'm not gonna complain, just my stance is out of the two i'd take what i know IE Anelka because he is simply top class. If we signed them both then i'd be even happier.

Have you seen Morientes play? He would be great in the Premiership imo. I think it's a very difficult choice to pick between the two as far as talent and class goes, I would take both and I'm hoping that we sign both players as they would really help us out.
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion