Joey barton for rm?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:15 pm

im with stu again here sorry, technically hamman above the others over the past 5 years has been the most under rated footballer in england. now hes getting ona  bit u can see players like makele and gilberto doing similar. and alonso, lampard and essien all have great footballing minds it cant be denied
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:21 pm

Scottbot wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Players tactically in the league that are better:

Lampard, Hamann, Alonso, Makelele, Essien, Gilberto Silva

Not a great comparison Stu.  Five of the six players you have named are essentially holding/deep lying midfielders who have a set job to do and do it. With the exception of Lamnpard neither of these players is given the license to roam or the expectation to create as is the case with Gerrard. I think you are overly critical of Gerrard from a tactical perspective. If your job is to sit in front of the back 4 much like a 5th defender, provide protection, break up attacks and find a team-mate does it make you a great player tactically just because you get this job done? i mean you never hear anyone talk about a defender's tactical ability.

Yes but thats my point. Even if he does play that specific role he doesn't dicatate games and dominate the game, look at England vs Denmark for a prime example.

As for a defenders tactical ability, Hyypia is a prime example of having excellent tactical knowledge at the back.

Traore as an example for a player with poor tactical knowledge.

Tactical ability in terms for dumb people... Brains.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:23 pm

Scottbot wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Players tactically in the league that are better:

Lampard, Hamann, Alonso, Makelele, Essien, Gilberto Silva

Not a great comparison Stu.  Five of the six players you have named are essentially holding/deep lying midfielders who have a set job to do and do it. With the exception of Lamnpard neither of these players is given the license to roam or the expectation to create as is the case with Gerrard. I think you are overly critical of Gerrard from a tactical perspective. If your job is to sit in front of the back 4 much like a 5th defender, provide protection, break up attacks and find a team-mate does it make you a great player tactically just because you get this job done? i mean you never hear anyone talk about a defender's tactical ability.

When playing a as midfielder is about knowing what positions to take up where and when, when to go wide, when stay in the centre, when to push, when to sit, when to track a runner, when to go to the ball.

Gerrard isn't great at any of these. He's good at some of them, but not great.
115-1073096938

Postby drummerphil » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:26 pm

dont really know what i think of Joey Barton really,it does seem though that trouble is always linked with his name.but that Joey Baton bloke i've heard is wonderful :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:28 pm

drummerphil wrote:dont really know what i think of Joey Barton really,it does seem though that trouble is always linked with his name.but that Joey Baton bloke i've heard is wonderful :laugh:

He's better than Gerrard... :D
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:07 pm

Stu latley you seem to thing you are some kind of football encyclopedia
and yes i have read alot of your posts
I must agree you do have alot of knowledge on football.
But don't make out your somthing special.
you seem to think you are the greatest at judging players
I remeber when we signed Cisse, and you said you had seen footage of him and reckoned he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Traore was another who you said would make the grade.
Heskey, well you loved him, I didn't- so i'll leave him out of it
I'm sure their are other but i cannot be bothered to check.
And this :censored: about you go to more games than anyone else on the  planet. Bit childish don't you think
O and while i'm at it these football manager computer game stats.
We should sign Freddy Adu he turns into a world class player
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:14 pm

DAV wrote:Stu latley you seem to thing you are some kind of football encyclopedia
and yes i have read alot of your posts
I must agree you do have alot of knowledge on football.
But don't make out your somthing special.
you seem to think you are the greatest at judging players
I remeber when we signed Cisse, and you said you had seen footage of him and reckoned he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Traore was another who you said would make the grade.
Heskey, well you loved him, I didn't- so i'll leave him out of it
I'm sure their are other but i cannot be bothered to check.
And this :censored: about you go to more games than anyone else on the  planet. Bit childish don't you think
O and while i'm at it these football manager computer game stats.
We should sign Freddy Adu he turns into a world class player

I've said many times I got Cisse completely wrong. Had i seen the lad live I wouldn't have got it wrong. As for Heskey, I didn't love him, not even close. The boy was a complete waste of talent and could have been anything he wanted to be.

In the treble season he was one of the best players in the country.

Also, i'm not on about football manager, i haven't played the game for years, it clouds peoples judgement and makes them think they know things they actually don't, however the way they have a "player database" is something they do use in real life and managerd and scouts go and watch players and do reports, accurate ones on players abilities in this way. I'm not saying they mark players out of 20, but they do mark them for certain attributes.

They sit there and study what they think a player could offer a team, if they like them they go for it.

As Rafa did with the previously non rated Crouch who everyone knew was a donkey who was rubbish and has had so many clubs he couldn't possibly offer anything to Liverpool.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:17 pm

fair comment
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCNUTTER » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:25 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
LFCNUTTER wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
LFCNUTTER wrote:Does Stu the red just say these things to be controversial I cant believe anyone can be that thick
Joey Barton better than Gerrard your having a f-cking laugh lad

Where did i ever say Joey Barton was better than Steven Gerrard as a footballer?

Where did i ever say Barton's overall level of ability was world class, top class or even class?

Please point this out.

Yet another complete moron from LFC.tv who comes on here, starts abusing people they don't know, reading probably 5 posts i've wrote out of 4300, makes a judgement then attempts to discredit me by talking about me as a third person.

Provide a good arguement and people MIGHT listen to you, then again, they probably won't.

The fact that you answer every single post that doesnt agree with your massive amount of football knowledge tells me that you do post to be contraversial so I will attempt to post my views. Joey Barton is not in the same league as steve gerrard in no department whatsoever I did not say anywhere in my post that you said barton was world class or top class so i dont know where you got that from.If you look at the date I joined the forum you will see I didnt jump on the bandwagon from lfctv never been on it in fact.I am not attempting to discredit you ,you are doing a great job of that yourself.Are all 4300 of your posts full of :censored: like the ones I have read.I have probably forgot more than you know about football you keep harping on about playing football at a decent level do you think your the only one who has by the way I see your still young who do you play for now and what league is it.Or are you just telling porkies

:laugh:

You my friend... are a fuckwit. Have a nice day... :D

And you my friend talk :censored: 4300 posts of :censored:
you still havnt said who you play for my guess is you havnt played any higher than l.pool sunday league
LFCNUTTER

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:30 pm

LFCNUTTER wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
LFCNUTTER wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
LFCNUTTER wrote:Does Stu the red just say these things to be controversial I cant believe anyone can be that thick

Where did i ever say Joey Barton was better than Steven Gerrard as a footballer?

Where did i ever say Barton's overall level of ability was world class, top class or even class?

Please point this out.

Yet another complete moron from LFC.tv who comes on here, starts abusing people they don't know, reading probably 5 posts i've wrote out of 4300, makes a judgement then attempts to discredit me by talking about me as a third person.

Provide a good arguement and people MIGHT listen to you, then again, they probably won't.

The fact that you answer every single post that doesnt agree with your massive amount of football knowledge tells me that you do post to be contraversial so I will attempt to post my views. Joey Barton is not in the same league as steve gerrard in no department whatsoever I did not say anywhere in my post that you said barton was world class or top class so i dont know where you got that from.If you look at the date I joined the forum you will see I didnt jump on the bandwagon from lfctv never been on it in fact.I am not attempting to discredit you ,you are doing a great job of that yourself.Are all 4300 of your posts full of :censored: like the ones I have read.I have probably forgot more than you know about football you keep harping on about playing football at a decent level do you think your the only one who has by the way I see your still young who do you play for now and what league is it.Or are you just telling porkies

you still havnt said who you play for my guess is you havnt played any higher than l.pool sunday league

Dickhead! :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby flipmode » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:31 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
LFCNUTTER wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
LFCNUTTER wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

Please point this out.

:D  :D  :buttrock  :bowdown

Image Image

Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCNUTTER » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:46 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
LFCNUTTER wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
LFCNUTTER wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

Please point this out.

Im bored with you now keyboard hardcase you claim to have played at a decent level but refuse to say who youve played for the only thing you know about football is from the playstation I would stick to that if I where you because in the real football world you know f-ck all
LFCNUTTER

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:53 pm

Now breathe...

firstly I haven't got a play station.

Condsidering the amount of times you've mentioned how my 4300 posts are all rubbish you should know where i've played and to what level, i've mentioned it at least 5 or 6 times in my time on here. Also, you don't pass a Level 4 qualification without knowing about the sport "mate". Have a go at doing the Uefa badges and FA badges, lets see how much of a smart arse you are then, you'll learn things about the game on those courses you never would have though of in a million years.

Also, where did you get internet hard case from? Who said anything about being a "hardcase"?

I suspect a Hustler.... Then again he at least knew how to use capital letters and full stops. :)

See this? :kungfu: <<< Its you you with a hat on.

As i said before, you're a dickhead and your attempts to discredit me, belittle me or whatever it is you are trying to do are not only falling on deaf ears, they are showing you up to be an idiot.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:57 pm

I MISS BRUNO CHEYROU, NOW THERES A PLAYER
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCNUTTER » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:08 pm

I have two mates who have got fa coaching badges that means nothing mate you can have all the badges in the world and I will still say you know nothing about football your posts prove that time and time again if you have played at any level of football that is even half decent I would probably know you so excuse me while I trawl through your 4300 posts of :censored: to find out what level you CLAIM to have played.......w-nker
LFCNUTTER

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion