Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 pm

It was a bit odd to see a Rodgers team hoof it so much (Mingolet and Clyne in particular but everyone in the back 4 and central midfield put their foot through the ball at least once).
Hope that is not going to be a feature of the season, yes let's get crosses in from wide area's for Benteke but those wellies right down the centre of the pitch achieve nothing apart from giving the ball back to the opposition.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:27 pm

I think we all know what we have in BR.
If he were to win something major with us, he'd be the first out the door to manage one of the top sides in Spain / Italy. That's how big an ego he has...
Moureen is his mentor, so I expect nothing else from the bloke.
However today, for the first time BR set his team up NOT to lose and succeeded in this.
Whilst he's our manager he deserves to get credit for the games won.
Even if he does look like a wet blouse
  :wwww
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:21 am wrote:It was a bit odd to see a Rodgers team hoof it so much (Mingolet and Clyne in particular but everyone in the back 4 and central midfield put their foot through the ball at least once).
Hope that is not going to be a feature of the season, yes let's get crosses in from wide area's for Benteke but those wellies right down the centre of the pitch achieve nothing apart from giving the ball back to the opposition.

It looks like he is finally gonna be a little more pragmatic.  And thank god for that. We can play swash-buckling football against weaker teams (and teams without spine like arsenal)  :wwww .

But in a tough away game....  it is good to change our tactics a little. A little less possession and more "percentage" football.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:36 pm

The_Rock » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:27 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:21 am wrote:It was a bit odd to see a Rodgers team hoof it so much (Mingolet and Clyne in particular but everyone in the back 4 and central midfield put their foot through the ball at least once).

It looks like he is finally gonna be a little more pragmatic.  And thank god for that. We can play swash-buckling football against weaker teams (and teams without spine like arsenal)  :wwww .

But in a tough away game....  it is good to change our tactics a little. A little less possession and more "percentage" football.

I agree ^^^
Percentages must come first, as this cost us the league 2 seasons ago...
I don't give a rats a$$ how we win as long as we win.
WINS will win over any fanbase in the world. Simple.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Basically the first 12 games will determine his future. All you can do is take one game at a time.

The shape didn't work first half today but to be fair to him, bringing Can on and playing 3 in the middle changed the game in our favour.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:44 pm

stmichael » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:50 pm wrote:Basically the first 12 games will determine his future. All you can do is take one game at a time.

The shape didn't work first half today but to be fair to him, bringing Can on and playing 3 in the middle changed the game in our favour.

I think the Arsenal and Manure games will be the key ones. Capitulate to both of those and fans' will start getting on BR's back.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:18 am

We beat Stoke, Arsenal lost. We play Bournemouth next week whereas Arsenal are away at Palace and could draw.
In theory we could go into the Arsenal game with 6 points and them just one. We should have the upper hand. Arsenal losing to the Hammers was a disaster for them.

What struck me during the first half yesterday was this frenetic 90mph football, pass-pass-pass-pass  but didn't create a single opportunity. We always played fast football but I don't remember Alonso  doing that for the sake of it. One intelligent through ball is better than 30 worthless little passes. 

Ticky tacky is pretty to look at but it hides the fact that whilst a player needs to think fast to offload it, he's not in a calmer frame of mind to spot the one pass that will change the pattern of play. We have to play intelligently.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 am

One of the best signings, if not THE best signing of this year is Gary Mac. Mark my words, with his influence and contribution we will see a different team this season.
We dont care that hes a baldy jock
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:40 am wrote:One of the best signings, if not THE best signing of this year is Gary Mac. Mark my words, with his influence and contribution we will see a different team this season.

What are you basing this on?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:40 pm wrote:One of the best signings, if not THE best signing of this year is Gary Mac. Mark my words, with his influence and contribution we will see a different team this season.

Why's that Thommo? I don't think Maureen's losing sleep at night.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:29 am

One of the shrewdest moves this summer. His knowledge and experience have been whats missing (Marsh, Pascoe) plus hes a treble winner and an expert of dead ball situations.
Its a real no brainer
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:19 am

So's a pint of ale after a hard day's work but it won't win us the league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:08 pm

The public sympathy drive that pearce is spearheading is sickening.
http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfa ... rs-9833702?

The sooner this lad takes his mid life crisis and does one the better.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:21 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:08 pm wrote:The public sympathy drive that pearce is spearheading is sickening.
http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfa ... rs-9833702?

The sooner this lad takes his mid life crisis and does one the better.

James Pearce is so far up Rodgers backside its embarrassing, he has to be accepting back handers or something, hes even worse than Chris Bascombe. Tony Barret was a brilliant LFC reporter for the Echo and still does good work with The Times, but i barely even pay attention to the other two.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:17 pm

Reg wrote:So's a pint of ale after a hard day's work but it won't win us the league.

Tut tut Reginald, drinking on a school night...
:no
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion