Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Mikz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Rodgers wanted Ballotelli. It was his choice. He said he liked a challenge and having a character at the club or words of that effect. If he didnt have final say on transfers he wouldnt be there - its that simple
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Mikz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:41 pm wrote:Rodgers wanted Ballotelli. It was his choice. He said he liked a challenge and having a character at the club or words of that effect. If he didnt have final say on transfers he wouldnt be there - its that simple

I don't think he did want him, in fact it was pretty common knowledge that he didn't and that's why it has been tough on Mario. It can't be nice arriving at a new club to find the manager never wanted you.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Mikz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41 pm wrote:Rodgers wanted Ballotelli. It was his choice. He said he liked a challenge and having a character at the club or words of that effect. If he didnt have final say on transfers he wouldnt be there - its that simple

He didn't want Balotelli - he wanted Sanchez , then Remy , then Bony - the player he didn't want was Balotelli
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:14 pm

Buck Rodgers » Jun 15th, '15, 21:11 wrote:
Mikz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41 pm wrote:Rodgers wanted Ballotelli. It was his choice. He said he liked a challenge and having a character at the club or words of that effect. If he didnt have final say on transfers he wouldnt be there - its that simple

He didn't want Balotelli - he wanted Sanchez , then Remy , then Bony - the player he didn't want was Balotelli

:D  :D  :D  yet agreed the deal....because he has final say. If he didn't want him, he could have said no, just like he said no to Remy.    Right, that's it with this one, enough.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:14 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Jun 15th, '15, 21:11 wrote:

:D  :D  :D  yet agreed the deal....because he has final say. If he didn't want him, he could have said no, just like he said no to Remy.    Right, that's it with this one, enough.

The committee agreed the deal

As I said - you have your source - I have mine.

It's quite clear to see which players he didn't want - the ones he doesn't play or get shipped out on loan.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:16 pm

red till i die!! » Jun 15th, '15, 20:10 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:32 pm wrote:
You seem to forget that BR has final say on who comes in. The Committee, which he is very much part of, can recommend players to him etc, but the final say is his.

Your wasting your time with this kash  :nod
The evidence is there in the form of an interview rodgers gave to pearce last year in which he said he has 1st and last say over transfers. It has been posted on here several times but yet largely ignored.

:D  yep, i've had enough with this one. Buck Rogers, actually, i'm beginning to think that he is Brendan Roger's 'trying' to save face..................

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:18 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:16 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Jun 15th, '15, 20:10 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:32 pm wrote:
You seem to forget that BR has final say on who comes in. The Committee, which he is very much part of, can recommend players to him etc, but the final say is his.

Your wasting your time with this kash  :nod
The evidence is there in the form of an interview rodgers gave to pearce last year in which he said he has 1st and last say over transfers. It has been posted on here several times but yet largely ignored.

:D  yep, i've had enough with this one. Buck Rogers, actually, i'm beginning to think that he is Brendan Roger's 'trying' to save face..................

I think it's becoming very clear why this forum has died away in the last 12 months - it seems any post that some disagree with is met with derogatory comments towards the poster

It also seems that is posted to mask gaping holes in people's "Information"

It certainly seems that it is going to be very hard to be positive on here
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:57 pm

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:18 pm wrote:
I think it's becoming very clear why this forum has died away in the last 12 months - it seems any post that some disagree with is met with derogatory comments towards the poster

Not at all.

Posters are picking your arguments to pieces and have become frustrated at the level of ignorance you have in acknowledging any of it.

Pretty much sums up anyone supporting Rodgers, the only valid reasons they can give "is to get behind the club" and "stop insulting Rodgers"  or the old pearler "he had that one good season with us"..... :laugh:

NONE of it holds any weight in a sensible discussion. Yet for some reason you think it does?

And now arguing that the transfer committee and other individuals/parties at the club have been solely responsible for the amount of failed signings we have brought in over the last three years WHILE Rodgers has been here is just a new low.

I guess the next argument we can expect is that he hasn't been responsible for his mis-management of team selections and tactics over the last three years and was only in full control in his 2nd season. I'm still waiting for that whooper with cheese.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:12 am

eds » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:57 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:18 pm wrote:

Not at all.

Posters are picking your arguments to pieces and have become frustrated at the level of ignorance you have in acknowledging any of it.

Pretty much sums up anyone supporting Rodgers, the only valid reasons they can give "is to get behind the club" and "stop insulting Rodgers"  or the old pearler "he had that one good season with us"..... :laugh:

NONE of it holds any weight in a sensible discussion. Yet for some reason you think it does?

And now arguing that the transfer committee and other individuals/parties at the club have been solely responsible for the amount of failed signings we have brought in over the last three years WHILE Rodgers has been here is just a new low.

I guess the next argument we can expect is that he hasn't been responsible for his mis-management of team selections and tactics over the last three years and was only in full control in his 2nd season. I'm still waiting for that whooper with cheese.

I think it's quite what I have been saying - Leeroy picked up quite clearly - it's the abuse towards BR that is uncalled and disrespectful , the personal abuse on the managers private life and the insults towards him and his character - that is the point I have been making

You have seen that I have made the observation that abuse is a disgrace and have attempted to find a way to make it sound like the manager has my full backing - as you can see quite clearly in my points I have mentioned numerous times the mistakes he has made , mentioned a number of times that he could easily lose his job and rightly so

But the issue is you are others are so bitterly twisted in your opinion towards him you are unable to see anything else beyond the hatred towards him - you tell people with an opposite opinion to "keep quiet" " they are not sensible" etc etc - insulting people because they share a valid differing opinion is uncalled for and just stinks of being a keyboard warrior.

Only have to look through this thread and the trend is quite clear - anyone who dares to show any kind of support towards our manager who immediately hounded by a certain bunch

The people who initially posted positive stuff and balanced stuff in regards the club and manager have stopped posting - I'm guessing they were getting pretty sick of certain posters hounding them and insulting them and deriding them because they were being positive

You immediately leapt upon my post with the same sort of reply you have done with many others

And all because I said no Liverpool manager should ever be subjected to the abuse that he has been given

You don't provide any balance or subjectivity and you stifle any kind of worthwhile debate with insults and abuse.

Maybe its time to allow others to have an opinion in regards the manager and stop telling people to "pipe down" and "stop defending this disgraceful individual" as well as accusing anyone who dares to defend him of being a Manc troll ?!?
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:22 am

So Brendan Rodgers signed a player for 14 million that he did not want. Well if that is the truth we are further up s.hit creek than I thought
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:45 am

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:12 pm wrote:
You have seen that I have made the observation that abuse is a disgrace and have attempted to find a way to make it sound like the manager has my full backing - as you can see quite clearly in my points I have mentioned numerous times the mistakes he has made , mentioned a number of times that he could easily lose his job and rightly so 

And yet you keep insisting that he should stay?  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:46 am

eds » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:45 am wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:12 pm wrote:

And yet you keep insisting that he should stay?  :laugh:

When did I "insist" he should stay ?

You can show me if you wish ? Or is it exactly how I say - you are so twisted in your hatred than anything posted differing from your opinion is met with abuse and insults ?
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:49 am

So your opinion is that he should go?

Well then we are on the same page and there is no need to continue this discussion.

eds

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 am

eds » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:49 am wrote:So your opinion is that he should go?

Well then we are on the same page and there is no need to continue this discussion.

My opinion is that last season wasn't good enough and that he was fortunate that he kept his job

The owners have decided he will stay so now he will get my support as Liverpool manager and he needs to produce better than last season.

The "discussion" was about the disrespectful abuse that you and others post about the manager - its disgraceful and needs to stop as should the abuse towards people who don't share your opinion - you don't have the right to tell people to "pipe down and stop supporting the manager"
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:58 am

Well the way anyone would see that, is you "insisting" he should stay then because you are on board with the owners and Rodgers.

The majority of people on this forum aren't on board with Rodgers staying, even with what the owners have decreed.

If it makes you feel any better I don't even want the owners here, as I believe they are an even big threat to our club than Rodgers.

Anyway, let's keep this sensible, apologies for any insults earlier towards you.

Let's hear why you are on board with Rodger's staying. Is it the owner's deciding to keep him that has convinced you?

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion