Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Reg » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:14 am

Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:27 pm wrote:
Mikz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:42 pm wrote:No they usually dont insult men who know what theyre doing.

More money involved now,  people are people nomatter who they are fans of.

Poor excuse - what does money have to do with showing our own manager common decency and respect - BR has done nothing to deserve the abuse

And Hodgson never received the abuse that BR gets

You would think BR had us relegated not in an average higher position in the league than in recent years

It's pathetic

Good posts mate, good to see some sanity back on the forum.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:18 am

Agree Rodgers shouldn't be getting abuse. I can be very critical of him at times however abuse, especially personal, is overstepping the mark
Doeboy

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:47 am

Agreed.
BR is not my personal choice of manager to make things happen on the pitch for LFC.
HOWEVER; disrespecting a man who is fighting for his career shows no class.
WE R LIVERPOOL & WE R CLASS
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:20 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:47 pm wrote:Agreed.
BR is not my personal choice of manager to make things happen on the pitch for LFC.

Let me put this out....HE IS NOT FIGHTING FOR THE CLUB. HE IS FIGHTING FOR HIMSELF.....

Rodgers does not give a $hit about this club. If he did...he would have spent the summer of last season working on improving our weakness. But no..... instead, he ditches his wife, whitens his teeth, loses a lot of weight and hooks up with a blonde. He is using this club to build his image as some kind of messiah who is god's greatest gift to women.....  :wwww

But seriously... you can see why I detest him. We qualified for champions league. Rodgers knew that he had less time to work with the players during the season. So he had the whole summer to work out stuff. But no..... he preferred to do other stuff. This is not a mark of a top manager.

People can put their heads in the sand and still support the manager (that's the Liverpool way eh.....). But I prefer to support the club. And I know the club is in wrong hands with this fraud in charge.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:46 pm

The_Rock » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:20 pm wrote:

Let me put this out....HE IS NOT FIGHTING FOR THE CLUB. HE IS FIGHTING FOR HIMSELF.....

Rodgers does not give a $hit about this club. If he did...he would have spent the summer of last season working on improving our weakness. But no..... instead, he ditches his wife, whitens his teeth, loses a lot of weight and hooks up with a blonde. He is using this club to build his image as some kind of messiah who is god's greatest gift to women.....  :wwww

But seriously... you can see why I detest him. We qualified for champions league. Rodgers knew that he had less time to work with the players during the season. So he had the whole summer to work out stuff. But no..... he preferred to do other stuff. This is not a mark of a top manager.

People can put their heads in the sand and still support the manager (that's the Liverpool way eh.....). But I prefer to support the club. And I know the club is in wrong hands with this fraud in charge.

And that exactly shows what I'm talking about

That's not constructive criticism that's just just being disrespectful towards our manager who will doing what he thinks is best - it may not work out and he may make mistakes but Liverpool fans do not post abuse at our manager - it's not how our club operates , we leave that to others.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:55 pm

The_Rock » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:20 pm wrote:

I have empathy for some of the feelings on this forum and perhaps was the reason for joining this great forum. Kindred spirits together. My quote was "fighting for his career" with an emphasis on his. We all know the nature of the beast so to keep things objective and subjective.

Subjectively - I agree with most of your comments and too think it is a disgrace that BR seems to spend more time in and out of court wearing his transparent badge of loyalty.

Objectively - FSG seem to have conceded to the fact that in BR they have a 'caretaker' in place who will fight for himself if not the club, and for now that will do. Will FSG fold their hand? This is very much possible considering they have not publicly backed their man with words of wisdom and a briefcase of dollar bills. There are plenty of personnel roles to fill. Do FSG want to employ a new manager / head coach? Are FSG looking for a DOF? Well if a new head coach is to be installed, it would only make sense to first employ a DOF to head the search for the right candidate.

It's a simple case of Chicken and Egg. And until FSG show their hand - we will never no what their plan is.
On a personal note (subjectively) I realised after the Manure game at Anfield, that there is no point in getting upset at the things I can not control. BR's time was over after that game and I decided to get off the rollercoaster as it was making me feel sick.

Watching LFC, Just like a father watching his child ride the merry go round. THE LOVE IS STILL THERE and just like a father's love WE MUST ENSURE that we are there waiting for when LFC decide to climb off the merry go round to enjoy the rest of the fairground.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:09 pm

[quote="Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:15 pm

It's actually a shocking thing to say about our manager as well as derogatory towards the Irish

Nothing funny about it[/quote]

You obviously never had anyone trying to sell you tarmac then  :no  Tarmac sellers and our brendan have a lot in common when it comes down to what they are selling and the end product you get left with.

Throw yourself under a bus was a reference to where he should put himself after they scrape up the fodder he threw under it last week. Do I really want to see the man do it literally  :eyebrow  Get a grip lad.

My loyalty is to my club mate not to the deluded individual masquerading himself as a saviour  :no  Your loyalty is to brendan  :nod I get that but don't start picking out other posters because they aren't on the brendan love train with you.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:17 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:09 pm wrote:[quote="Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:15 pm

It's actually a shocking thing to say about our manager as well as derogatory towards the Irish

Nothing funny about it

You obviously never had anyone trying to sell you tarmac then  :no  Tarmac sellers and our brendan have a lot in common when it comes down to what they are selling and the end product you get left with.

Throw yourself under a bus was a reference to where he should put himself after they scrape up the fodder he threw under it last week. Do I really want to see the man do it literally  :eyebrow  Get a grip lad.

My loyalty is to my club mate not to the deluded individual masquerading himself as a saviour  :no  Your loyalty is to brendan  :nod I get that but don't start picking out other posters because they aren't on the brendan love train with you.[/quote]

My loyalty ?!

I grew up on those stands and stood there supporting each manager and player who pulled on the shirt because they became part of the family as soon as they signed

People discussed things in a respectful manner if mistakes happened but we never ever abused our manager - never. It's massively disrespectful and that's not how Liverpool fans act - we act with dignity and grace towards all members of the Liverpool family.

If you can't show respect then it's better to stay silent.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:17 pm wrote:
My loyalty ?!

I grew up on those stands and stood there supporting each manager and player who pulled on the shirt because they became part of the family as soon as they signed

People discussed things in a respectful manner if mistakes happened but we never ever abused our manager - never. It's massively disrespectful and that's not how Liverpool fans act - we act with dignity and grace towards all members of the Liverpool family.

Next time you decide to return to the forum and impart your wisdom ,you should think about the username Soap Box Bob  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:14 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:10 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:17 pm wrote:
My loyalty ?!

Next time you decide to return to the forum and impart your wisdom ,you should think about the username Soap Box Bob  :laugh:

I remember all your preaching when people threw abuse and insults at Rafa and Kenny - you had no issues then with a soapbox demanding respect for the Liverpool manager - is that not valid for BR - the current manager or has the wind change to suit ?

Can you tell me exactly what BR has done to deserve the abuse he is been given on here ?
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:20 pm

I feel left out here tbh :(

Who was Buck Rodgers before ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:36 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:14 pm wrote:

Can you tell me exactly what BR has done to deserve the abuse he is been given on here ?

Too much' Danish Red' in that question for me to provide an answer that would register enough (given your renowned limited capacity to listen to anyone else )for you to
step down fella. Add to that I made a promise not to talk about the man after making my feelings more than apparent ,and it seems to be working thus far.

As regards Rafa and Kenny ,well the simple answer is they merited a spirited defence !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Jun 13th, '15, 14:36 wrote:

Too much' Danish Red' in that question for me to provide an answer that would register enough (given your renowned limited capacity to listen to anyone else )for you to
step down fella. Add to that I made a promise not to talk about the man after making my feelings more than apparent ,and it seems to be working thus far.

As regards Rafa and Kenny ,well the simple answer is they merited a spirited defence !

Agree RB, there is way to much and would take to long to list each and every aspect.  As for the superfan, had a feeling it was the same person. Who needs a superfan telling another fan what can and cannot be said or have an opinion about.......sounds very righteous. Then again, it could be the man himself - BR.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:58 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:46 pm wrote:
Agree RB, there is way to much and would take to long to list each and every aspect.  As for the superfan, had a feeling it was the same person. Who needs a superfan telling another fan what can and cannot be said or have an opinion about.......sounds very righteous.

Well his appeal wasn't lost on the apologists mate  .... They will welcome anyone who adds to their numbers  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:46 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Jun 13th, '15, 14:36 wrote:

Agree RB, there is way to much and would take to long to list each and every aspect.  As for the superfan, had a feeling it was the same person. Who needs a superfan telling another fan what can and cannot be said or have an opinion about.......sounds very righteous.

Doesn't matter who I am etc etc but the simple fact is as Liverpool manager the man at the very least doesn't deserve the abuse from some that has been thrown at him - it's shocking

Yes talk about his mistakes and yes he has made errors and yes he has made mistakes that deserve evaluating and critising and it could cost him his job and that could be the right choice etc but the abuse is uncalled for - the insults are beyond the pale and not the way we should act towards the manager - results on the pitch is not an excuse for abuse and let's not forget last season we nearly won the league under him - something never seen with both Kenny ( Second time round ) and Rafa

Im not BR biggest fan - he needs to improve this season or he will lose his job

And as for your review - is it 8 months it been going on now ?!

And no I'm not Danish Red - never have been never will be
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion