Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:32 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jun 6th, '15, 17:56 wrote:It depends how it plays out, if Rodgers has an input to who his new back room team are then it won't be too bad but if it's FSG as FSG alone who are appointing Pascoe's and Marsh successors then I can't see it ending well.
Must admit it doesn't reflect too good on Rodgers that he agreed for his back room team to go but he stays in position himself.

BR will not be getting any say with regards to who is brought in, which begs the question, why not just fire him like Marsh and Pascoe, BR is the main culprit. Maybe there is more then one way to skin a cat, as the saying goes......

FSG will bring in Coaches based on what a certain individual is saying and taking responsibility for making the changes. This person, who will remain nameless, has been taking advice from one specific third party (there has been a number of people involved with the major top down review that has been going on for months and months now), and will have a very good idea and understanding of the direction he wants to take / go.

Plenty more changes will be made, but this may not be seen through games being played / team performances.

Yep certainly think this is what is happening. FSG were better off just removing Rodgers if they are unhappy with things. This whole getting rid of Pascoe and Marsh and effectively pulling the rug from underneath Rodgers, is undignifying for the guy

Also if your a player in the squad and looking at what is happening, you basically see your boss doesn't have full control and is dictated to, it's not a good thing
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:56 pm wrote:It depends how it plays out, if Rodgers has an input to who his new back room team are then it won't be too bad but if it's FSG as FSG alone who are appointing Pascoe's and Marsh successors then I can't see it ending well.
Must admit it doesn't reflect too good on Rodgers that he agreed for his back room team to go but he stays in position himself.

The backroom staff need to have more experience than what they are replacing or else what was the point in doing any of this. As to who appoints them is anyones guess just like who is responsible for signing the players.

I think even less of Rodger's now for him doing that to Marsh and Pascoe. I would have some respect for him if he walked in support of them rather than selling them out like that. He's a sneaky little fooker and deserves whatever he gets saddled with.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:17 pm

I can't think of many footie managers who have sat by and watched their team get the sack for their failure.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:30 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... an-5836323

I like Pako but Rodgers is one stubborn c_nt, not sure if that partnership will be fruitful. Pako being Spanish will have a lot to say and will not hold it back unlike Rodgers former bum chum, yes-man.
killerp

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:16 am

I don't like what is happening at this club to be honest. FSG should just sack Rodgers. They should quit trying to save $10M severance pay they have to pay Rodgers if they sack him.

Rodgers for his part should just walk. I mean he is being undermined here. Any man with dignity has to walk right ? unless.....Rodgers was the one who threw marsh and Pascoe under the bus (how many times has he done that  :wwww ) and blamed them for our pathetic season. I wouldn't put it past Rodgers. He gave up his wife when a younger blonde showed a little interest in him. So giving up his "best friend" Pascoe does not sound like a stretch to Rodgers.

The thing is ...if Rodgers does stay....he is not gonna get any respect from the players as they know he has no more power. The players will be going through motion again. And we cannot allow this to happen.

Get rid of Rodgers. And bring in a world class manager (who is known to be a task master). And hopefully he whips the pathetic squad of players we have into worthy ones.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:37 am

Its pretty obvious that whomever is brought is as no 2 will be there to take over Rodgers role should the season not start off well
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:23 pm

There is a story being touted that it will be pako and bolo zenden  :nod
Not really the experience I would have been hoping for. Even if rodgers walks or gets the can in a few months is pako really good enough to take over ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Pako Ayestaran linked with Liverpool FC return but no approach yet

New article in the Echo...

Pako Ayestaran has been linked with a shock return to Liverpool – as Brendan Rodgers’ new first team coach.

The Spanish coach, who was Rafa Benitez’s No 2 at Anfield from 2004 to 2007, has just completed an historic year in Israel where he managed Maccabi Tel Aviv to become the first team ever to win the treble.

The 52-year-old has already told Maccabi he will not return next year and he has always kept close links with Merseyside since his departure, following the breakdown in his relationship with Benitez.

However the ECHO understands Liverpool have not yet made any approach to Ayestaran or held any discussions with him.

Friday’s departure of Rodgers’ assistant coach Colin Pascoe and first team coach Mike Marsh leaves major roles to be filled at Melwood and Ayestaran would certainly pass the experience test which is said to be high on the list of qualities Liverpool are seeking.

However there is said be some question marks over whether he would wish to go back to an assistant role after entering full-time management himself.

A thorough recruitment process is already underway at Anfield but no appointments are said to be imminent in terms of the next few days.

His move to Israel last August came after a spell in charge of Mexican second division side Estudiantes Tecos.

In an exclusive interview with the ECHO two months ago Ayestaran said a future as a Premier League manager was his dream and said his period at Liverpool was probably the best time of his life

He said: “Managing in England? This is one of the dreams.

“I think whoever has managed or coached in England will tell you it’s one of the best places to work. It’s the respect you get for your work and how professional everything is.”

He also highlighted his love for Merseyside and his family’s ongoing links with the area, where they have kept their house in Hoylake.

“My second son is a Scouser,” he said proudly of 10-year-old Unai.

“My family and I love the Wirral. It feels like home around there and we’re very attached to it. We’ll be back there again this summer.

“I have so many unbelievable memories from my time at Liverpool. That was probably the best part of my life.

“That feeling of being part of the Liverpool family and being loved by the supporters.

“The respect everyone shows you in England but especially at Liverpool for the work you do, that’s impossible to feel anywhere else.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/pa ... fc-9405931
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Would take Pako back in a heart beat. He's a great coach and would shake up the show ofsh1te in our defense
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:49 am

I think it's too late for Rodgers to be sacked now if FSG were going to sack him I think he would of gone with Pascoe and Marsh. And FSG are not my friends at present as I had £20 on Rodgers not to be manager on 8th August 2015 @ 4/1 b.astards
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:52 am

you place bets on your club sacking the manager ? you are a cu.nt
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby number 8 ynwa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:29 am

[quote="The_Rock » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:16 am. He gave up his wife when a younger blonde showed a little interest in him. So giving up his "best friend" Pascoe does not sound like a stretch to Rodgers.

Actually the funniest thing I have read on these boards.. Yeah lets sack the manager coz he got himself a hotter girl so therfore shows no commitment.

How about we all get behind OUR manager and do our job - That is supporting the team... and that includes all in it, instead of slagging everyone off at every given oppoutunity.

2 years ago we were all saying how amazing he was, the best challenge we have ever made to winning the Premiership - now he is the worst Premier League manager - Youre making US look stupid to the outside world.

Just saying like...
number 8 ynwa
LFC Basic Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:43 pm

number 8 ynwa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:29 pm wrote:
Actually the funniest thing I have read on these boards.. Yeah lets sack the manager coz he got himself a hotter girl so therfore shows no commitment.

How about we all get behind OUR manager and do our job - That is supporting the team... and that includes all in it, instead of slagging everyone off at every given oppoutunity.

2 years ago we were all saying how amazing he was, the best challenge we have ever made to winning the Premiership - now he is the worst Premier League manager - Youre making US look stupid to the outside world.

Just saying like...

number 8 ynwa LFC Basic Member Posts: 8Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Whoa......   
Don't tell me you were lurking in this forum for over 2 years and suddenly decided to become a member 5 days ago .....

:wwww

Look... you may well be a super-fan. That's good for you. But I support the team. And I can guarantee you that we will not win anything under Rodgers.

You mention about almost winning the league 2 seasons ago. Well my only retort will be :

a)Rodgers had a fit Suarez the whole season (bar the 1st 6 games of the season), and we came in 2nd in the easiest league season we have had in a decade....(our competitor had a change of manager. Arsene wenger and Tactical Tim of Sherwood Forest decided to play high defensive line against us...etc).

b)Suarez goes to Barcelona (who didn't win anything the season before) and proves to be the missing jigsaw and pushes that team to a treble.

c)We of course lose Suarez and ................. we get humiliated by stoke on the last day of the season.

You might have your views on Rodgers..... but for me, we came in 2nd because of Suarez. Rodgers (to his credit) just got out of the way and let Suarez do his thing. It is looking (in all likelihood) that we are gonna go back to the dumb-a$$ slow possession based 4-3-3 formation with a target up top. Yup....

I believe I don't have to say anymore.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Guess how many times the word "outstanding" is uttered in this video.

haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1MH0lo2RWw

If I got a grand for everytime Rodgers uttered that word.....I could probably buy LFC from FSG.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby number 8 ynwa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:38 pm

The_Rock » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:43 pm wrote:
number 8 ynwa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:29 pm wrote:

Just saying like...

number 8 ynwa LFC Basic Member Posts: 8Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Whoa......   
Don't tell me you were lurking in this forum for over 2 years and suddenly decided to become a member 5 days ago .....

:wwww

Look... you may well be a super-fan. That's good for you. But I support the team. And I can guarantee you that we will not win anything under Rodgers.

You mention about almost winning the league 2 seasons ago. Well my only retort will be :

a)Rodgers had a fit Suarez the whole season (bar the 1st 6 games of the season), and we came in 2nd in the easiest league season we have had in a decade....(our competitor had a change of manager. Arsene wenger and Tactical Tim of Sherwood Forest decided to play high defensive line against us...etc).

b)Suarez goes to Barcelona (who didn't win anything the season before) and proves to be the missing jigsaw and pushes that team to a treble.

c)We of course lose Suarez and ................. we get humiliated by stoke on the last day of the season.

You might have your views on Rodgers..... but for me, we came in 2nd because of Suarez. Rodgers (to his credit) just got out of the way and let Suarez do his thing. It is looking (in all likelihood) that we are gonna go back to the dumb-a$$ slow possession based 4-3-3 formation with a target up top. Yup....

I believe I don't have to say anymore.

Great post apart from its full of guess work - especially the bit about coming 2nd is ALL down to Suarez.. loved that bit.

There are lots of reason why we failed last season and unfortunately for you, we cannot blame them all on Rodgers (Im not going to type them all out again, there is a post earlier on in this thread)

Blaming Rodgers is far too easy, but say we get a new manager.. we would still have the same problems in the background of this club which is currently having a huge affect on the players we can bring in.

Oh and also I joined this forum the same year that Rafa joined the club..I was previously know as Ola Mr Benitez, but Ive forgotten my password...  I havent been on here too much in the past year as it was full of doom and gloom merchants who just wanted us to go out and spend million and millions (ala City and Chelsea) and win the  league.  Oh and probably making Liverpool bankrupt - Doesnt look like the mentality here has changed too much!
number 8 ynwa
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion