Joaquin - Too good to be true

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gerrard_steven » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:38 pm

Real Betis winger Joaquin says that he would love to join Tuesday's UEFA Champions League opponents Liverpool.

The Spanish side welcome the European champions to Seville on Tuesday with Spain international winger Joaquin eyeing a switch to Anfield.

Rafa Benitez was frustrated in his search for a right winger over the summer and Joaquin says he could be the answer.

"I know Liverpool are looking for a right winger and I'd love to play there if they want me," said Joaquin.

"Liverpool are a massive club and Benitez knows what he wants.

"But if he comes in for me he's got to agree a deal with the Betis president."

Joaquin had looked like joining either Chelsea or Real Madrid but they concentrated on other targets leaving the 24-year-old in Seville.

Despite his desire to move to Merseyside, Joaquin is still vowing to send the holders home empty handed on Tuesday, although he is struggling to make the game through injury.

"I'm going to complicate [John Arne] Riise's life on Tuesday.

"We will give Liverpool and Chelsea big headaches in Group G - I'm sure we'll beat them.

"English fans probably haven't seen much of me. But they'll see things that will make their jaws drop.

"What I'll enjoy most is running Liverpool ragged and sending them home beaten."

jsut think of our midfield if some how we could agree a fee for him i  january! joaquin gerrard alonso sissoko kewell
any team in the world would be scraed of a midfield like that , is ay we splash all the cash we got on him in january , ok we might need a cb to but we not doing to bad at the moment
gerrard_steven

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:41 pm

if this is true it ll be a massive boost for us we have to beat em tuesday and show him that he needs us more then we need him
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:52 pm

Modest sort of of fella Joaquin aint he!!
We'll see what he can do come Tuesday:D :D
66-1120597113

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:52 pm

Don't wanna praise Joaquin up to the moon. If he wants to come.... then great.

But Joaquin has a reputation of doing all the stuff required by a winger great until the final ball delivery. His final ball delivery most of the times disappoint.

Merely stating the reputation he has in spain.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:57 pm

thats one that makes me feel this could all be a flase story is the fatc hes so confident would any player come out adn states hes gonan make players dizzly and whip them ? could this be all :censored: from the press to make us fans happy and read what we want to read!
gerrard_steven

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:59 pm

gerrard_steven wrote:thats one that makes me feel this could all be a flase story is the fatc hes so confident would any player come out adn states hes gonan make players dizzly and whip them ? could this be all :censored: from the press to make us fans happy and read what we want to read!

where did u get it from ?
???
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby ALONSO_14 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:12 pm

look around people its everywhere, skysports, bbc. it looks likely to be true
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:14 pm

ALONSO_14 wrote:look around people its everywhere, skysports, bbc. it looks likely to be true

if its on sky sports and bbc its defo
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby zarababe » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:16 pm

Lets hope he plays sh*t against all the teams in the CL.. otherwise chelski will want him too..
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:23 pm

very modest guy isnt he  :D  but if he wants to join liverpool he can say whatever he likes! hes a class player and it would be the most amazing transfer liverpool have ever had if we got him. but after sayiing that i cant see it happening anyway he said himself that we would have to agree a deal with betis and it will be a huge sum and as we saw over the summer rafa wont pay large fees for players so if we cant agree an acceptable fee for joaquin in rafas eyes then hes not coming no matter what joaquin says.

Personally i would get joaquin anyway even if the fee is a bit inflated. its passing up one of the best wingers in the world who actually wants to join us and considering we havent got a right winger at the club right now gives us even more reason to get him. it would give us a terrifying midfield with alonso gerrard and joaquin and would seriously help us in our challenge for the title.
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:26 pm

I'd love this lad to come to Anfield but the problem would be the price tag, Betis would want close to £20m for him :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:41 pm

to be honest.....Id be over the fuc*in moon if we get him, hes not even a gamble at 20m, hes quality, im sure when Jonny comes on and reads what Joaquins been saying he is gonna be just a little made up.

All so sounds like he will be looking to earn a transfer on tuesday, i hope he does earn it.....as long as we win......although i can see warnock putting him in the stands if he reads what he said hes gonna do to us  :D  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:54 pm

Wait until the lad sees what Anfield is like on a CL night, he'll deffo want the move then!! :cool:

I'd say use the money for a CB towards the Joaquin deal and use Josemi, Traore or Whitbread as cover for JC and SH in the FA Cup and Carlsberg cup :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:18 pm

question if he plays against us for betis then he will be cup tied therefor cant play in champions league games this season for us  :eyebrow
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Pinguinobetico » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:23 pm

I know joaquin and he has said many times that he prefers to stay here at spain, he prefers to join madrid or barcelona...
If liverpool want joaquin he cost 30 millions more or less. Can liverpool afford to buy him???

He played vs monaco he cant play with other team... :;):
Pinguinobetico

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion