Joaquin - Too good to be true

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:52 pm

7_Kewell wrote:if he goes to chelski, i'd sign wright-philips instead.  I can't see him staying there to sit on their expensive bench.

Bottom line is though mate we couldn't afford Wright-Phillips. Unless Mourinho bites the bullet and admits he called it totally wrong, offering SWP at a little less than half what he paid for him then nobody can afford him. At 10 million I'd be up for it, but anymore and he uses up too much of our budget IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:31 pm

It is about time that UEFA/FA put a cap on spending/wages the fact that Chelsea would even consider buying Joaquin is frightening.

Surely the fact that one team can monopolise for the immediate future and increase a players price by 200% simply by showing an interest is not good for our wonderful game

Someone should buy Jose M a new coat, a copy of football manager 2006, a bottle of grecian 2000 and a cheat code for unlimited funds and lock him in a room for a year   

arrogant tw@t that he is

:angry:
RedWolf35

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:48 pm

RedWolf35 wrote:It is about time that UEFA/FA put a cap on spending .

Not sure that kind of move could ever be enforced . Uefa/Fifa however could and should enforce the  number of players a premiership/Serie A etc team can register in a season to play BOTH domestic and international footy .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:21 pm

bigmick wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:if he goes to chelski, i'd sign wright-philips instead.  I can't see him staying there to sit on their expensive bench.

Bottom line is though mate we couldn't afford Wright-Phillips. Unless Mourinho bites the bullet and admits he called it totally wrong, offering SWP at a little less than half what he paid for him then nobody can afford him. At 10 million I'd be up for it, but anymore and he uses up too much of our budget IMHO.

not even sure if he's worth that much to be honest.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:41 pm

i sure hope we wont spend too much on SWP, we should only pay half what chelsea paid for him as his current form doesnt convince me that he is the man now, people say class is forever but how bout Morientes? When he suffering a maasive drop of his form of not playing at Real, he has never been the same and if we do sign SWP, hope he wont be like him. Benitez is really patient with Kewell but i doubt i would wanna wait until SWP regains his form unless it only takes a short time, if he takes as long as Kewell did, i feel its wasted as right now we are have performing really well and i hope we can sign something that can instantly bring improvement to the squad not to drag us down
onizukaeikichi

Postby anti-hero » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:23 pm

I'm not really sure if Joaquin's just hype or the real stuff.

What we need is a Premiership proven winger.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:28 pm

I have said before that I not only think this guy would have no problem adjusting to the Premiership, but he could be a player right out of the top draw.

Too me it looks like he has all the attributes, height, strength, 2 footed, great crosser and dribbler, etc. He is far superior than Duff and Wright-Philips, he is more on the level of Robben, Pires and Giggs. If we could sign him it would be a real coup.

But there are many obstacles in the way. He looks set to leave in the summer, but no doubt that the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and some Italian clubs will be interested.

But the Rafa factor is a plus, also there is a first team place with his name on it, we need a first team right winger and he is one.

I think an offer of 12-15MIL plus Morientes is one that they would accept. The signing of a big name player like Morientes would soften the blow for Betis. Its just a matter of whether he would be willing to choose us over other clubs, and also whether Rafa is interested, especially at that sort of price.

But I personally think he is worth it.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pablinho » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:52 pm

This has been worst year in Joaquin´s career, but  he is still 24 years old so might be just a bad year.
CD Castellon - Spain
pablinho

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:25 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I have said before that I not only think this guy would have no problem adjusting to the Premiership, but he could be a player right out of the top draw.

Too me it looks like he has all the attributes, height, strength, 2 footed, great crosser and dribbler, etc. He is far superior than Duff and Wright-Philips, he is more on the level of Robben, Pires and Giggs. If we could sign him it would be a real coup.

But there are many obstacles in the way. He looks set to leave in the summer, but no doubt that the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and some Italian clubs will be interested.

But the Rafa factor is a plus, also there is a first team place with his name on it, we need a first team right winger and he is one.

I think an offer of 12-15MIL plus Morientes is one that they would accept. The signing of a big name player like Morientes would soften the blow for Betis. Its just a matter of whether he would be willing to choose us over other clubs, and also whether Rafa is interested, especially at that sort of price.

But I personally think he is worth it.

Last season he went in the press and said he wanted to play for Liverpool, I do believe.

If he states that again, and Rafa is interested, he'll be here next season.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:46 am

Yes he did come out and state that he wished to play for us before we played them in the group stages but so did Theo Walcott. Money is a big issue and i hope all the rumors of investment come good. He is also a player whose price can rocket after the world cup. Even thouggh Garcia has taken his place currently in the Spain squad on the right I would still expect his price to rise after the World cup as Im sure he wont be left behind.

I also think that if we do sign any big players like Joaquin or Aguero then it will be before the world cup. This is something Rafa has also hinted at recently.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:53 am

i dont think this is a bridge too far (no pun) in my opinion...and joaquin obviously sounds ready for a challenge.
like luke says, he is built well for the job and has most of the attributes rafa seems to want... pace, strength, awareness and crucially the willingness to win the ball back... i dont see SWP in the same way, at least not as strong.

we may all be getting damp between the thighs or wet behind the ears on this one concerning our need for a R.M/Winger.

lets face it, the possibilities/alternatives are easily accounted for on one hand and who knows it may all be a load of guff. but at the right price and the fact that out of 3 clubs quoted in england as having vested an interest in sanchez. i see liverpool as best suited for the lad to progress ie (spanish manager, squadmates, A VACANT POSITION and the opportunity to make luis aragones mind up once and for all.....

chelsea? full up with wingers. arsenal? hmm if your going to the smoke may as well go the bridge hadnt you?

we'll have to see.

without wanting to sound like an occult follower from over the border, where the hills are green and the men wear baggy wellies and shout a lot......

id be tipping joaquin and andy johnson to be at anfield next season?

right you lot!   STEADY, AIM........FIRE!!!!       :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:27 pm

Rafa Benitez is likely to face some stiff competition, but will nevertheless be alerted by the recent comments of Spanish winger Joaquin.

The coveted Real Betis player has declared he is ready to leave the struggling Spanish side in the summer.

'I am open to everything,' said Joaquin.

'It is possible my time at Betis has come to an end and the club need to sell me to strengthen the team.’

'If I got an opportunity to see what it is like to play this sport abroad, I would be prepared to take that step and try my luck in another country.'

Chelsea was linked with the 24-year-old last summer, but the he chose to remain in Sevilla as Betis enjoyed UEFA Champions League football. Betis were paired with Chelsea in Group G, defeating the English champions 1-0 in Spain.

If Jose Mourinho was to re-ignite his interest in Joaquin, he would undoubtedly have the ability to outbid anyone else, but assuming he was successful in landing the Spaniard then where does that leave Shaun Wright-Phillips; another who has been linked with Liverpool.

Rafa Benitez has made it well known that he desires a right-sided player to enhance his squad, and it would seem that he may have two avenues down which to explore.

Benitez should be able to count on the services of Mark Gonzalez, the player he had to loan to Real Sociedad due to his inability to gain a work permit, but given the Liverpool manager’s Spanish expertise, there won’t be many that will be too surprised if Joaquin, or even Wright-Phillips was to also play their football at Anfield next season.

Betis finished third in Group G and advanced to the UEFA Cup Round of 16, losing 3-0 on aggregate to Romanian Semi-Finalist Steaua Bucharest.

After a dismal start, Betis are currently twelfth in the Spanish table and travel to relegation candidate Cadiz on Saturday.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:29 pm

Would be superb f we could capture the signing of him .
kopite

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:42 pm

bavlondon wrote:Yes he did come out and state that he wished to play for us before we played them in the group stages but so did Theo Walcott. Money is a big issue and i hope all the rumors of investment come good. He is also a player whose price can rocket after the world cup. Even thouggh Garcia has taken his place currently in the Spain squad on the right I would still expect his price to rise after the World cup as Im sure he wont be left behind.

I also think that if we do sign any big players like Joaquin or Aguero then it will be before the world cup. This is something Rafa has also hinted at recently.

When?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:00 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Yes he did come out and state that he wished to play for us before we played them in the group stages but so did Theo Walcott. Money is a big issue and i hope all the rumors of investment come good. He is also a player whose price can rocket after the world cup. Even thouggh Garcia has taken his place currently in the Spain squad on the right I would still expect his price to rise after the World cup as Im sure he wont be left behind.

When?

Yeah its true Lando, i remember Joaquin saying before we played them that he can fill our right wing position.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion