Joaquin - Too good to be true

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:42 pm

he is the best right winger in europe if not the world right  now,absolutly devastating power pace and skill,if we have the funds to buy him we should get him,he would totally improve this team straight away to title contender on par with chelski, arsenal and manure
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:43 pm

Hate to bump an old topic but...

Joaquin: 'My period at Betis is finished'

"MADRID, April 6 (Reuters) - Real Betis winger Joaquin has made it clear that he wants to leave the Primera Liga side at the end of the season despite having four years left on his contract.

'I've been at Betis for many years and I now want to experience something different,' the 24-year-old Spanish international told a news conference on Thursday.

'It might be that I want to change my footballing life a little. It is possible that my period at Betis is finished and that the club needs to sell me and use that money to strengthen the team with new reinforcements.'

Joaquin, who has won 36 caps for Spain, graduated to the Betis first team from the reserves in 2000 when the club was in the second division and has been a key member of the side ever since.

Betis president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera said last season that he had rejected a bid for the player from Chelsea, while the Spanish media have also linked him at various times to Real Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia.

'For me it's very flattering that they are taking about interest from these sorts of teams,' he said. 'It is great especially when I haven't had a particularly good season.

'If I could get the opportunity to experience football in another country I would be happy to take it,' he added.

'We'll have to see what happens between now and the end of the season, but the only thing that matters to me at the moment is helping my team stay in the first division.

Betis are in 12th position in the Primera Liga, five points above the relegation zone with seven games left to play."
(Soccernet...Joaquin: 'My Period at Betis is Finished')

His interest in moving abroad is what makes for interesting reading!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:50 pm

:;):  we'll see.

personally he still reeks of quality in an average side. but ill bet his market value has dropped a bit recently.....

10-15 mill tops i reckon. unless chelsea are up to their old tricks. in which case the chances of S.W.P keeping a smile on his face may well be a little less often than they already are.

interesting indeed.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby mighty mo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:51 pm

maybe but how much are betis going to ask for?
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:59 pm

mighty mo wrote:maybe but how much are betis going to ask for?

£12 million plus morientes should cover it.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:39 pm

Been very inconsistent this season Joaquin, but maybe a new challenge would allow him to rekindle his form.  I've always thought he was an unrealistic target for us, but I do think his market vale has dropped somewhat.  Not sure whether Benitez fancies him to be honest though
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:24 am

red37 wrote: :;):  we'll see.

personally he still reeks of quality in an average side. but ill bet his market value has dropped a bit recently.....

10-15 mill tops i reckon. unless chelsea are up to their old tricks. in which case the chances of S.W.P keeping a smile on his face may well be a little less often than they already are.

interesting indeed.

The thing is though mate - he's got 36 caps for Spain, and he's only 24.

If £12m and Morientes would be enough, then I think we'd have a f*cking truely World-class winger at the club for the first time since John Barnes.

He doesn't score many goals, but if he could manage 8/9, and assist 10-15, (which he is easily capable of), then we'd look back and laugh at how cheaply we got him.

For me, he's better than anything on the right in the Premiership on actual ability, rather than current form.

The trouble is, Rafa ruled out a move a while ago. It just depends if he was referring to that particular transfer window or not.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby harry_smiles » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:42 am

Form is temporary, class is forever, and he is class
harry_smiles

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:43 am

yes...joaquin would be my 1st choice too for our RW position.

the bad news.....chelsh1t are interested in him too (how many wingers do they need  ........ :angry: )
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:12 am

Looking through this thread has made me realise not when are we going to sign Joaqin, but wtf has happened to A.B!!   ???  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby tommycockles » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:30 am

If we could get him for a good price then i think it'd be worth going for, however, if Chelsea decide to swoop in and pay over the odds (as they always do) then we should put a cheeky bid in for SWP (unsettle him a bit) and bring him back up north. I reckon SWP would bring that bit of magic to our wings that we're badly missing!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:56 am

tommycockles wrote:If we could get him for a good price then i think it'd be worth going for, however, if Chelsea decide to swoop in and pay over the odds (as they always do) then we should put a cheeky bid in for SWP (unsettle him a bit) and bring him back up north. I reckon SWP would bring that bit of magic to our wings that we're badly missing!!

thats what im saying.... if we cant/dont get joaquin. and he decides in his misguided wisdom to join 'grouch' and the rest of the muppets down there. then wright-philips surely would hear the death bell and want out.  ???

fwiw id relish either of them in our side.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby matrix » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:11 pm

maximus wrote:Looking through this thread has made me realise not when are we going to sign Joaqin, but wtf has happened to A.B!!   ???  :D

i believe a.b.  took himself off a few weeks back...whats happening to this place   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:00 pm

Latest news from Soccernet  : Chelsea on alert as Joaquin eyes move

Chelsea are almost certain to be among the interested parties after Real Betis winger Joaquin confirmed he is ready to quit Spain.

Jose Mourinho has been a long time admirer of the 24-year-old and the Barclays Premiership champions have often been linked with a move for the Spanish star.

But despite the interest in his talents, the player opted to remain with Betis. However, a poor season at the wrong end of the Primera table has convinced Joaquin to seek pastures new in the summer.

'I am open to everything,' said Joaquin.

'It is possible my time at Betis has come to an end and the club need to sell me to strengthen the team.

'If I got an opportunity to see what it is like to play this sport abroad, I would be prepared to take that step and try my luck in another country.'

Joaquin's remarks are certain be noted by Mourinho event though the Portuguese coach has more pressing matters to attend to this weekend.

Chelsea's lead at the top of the Barclays Premiership has been slashed to just seven points over Manchester United and the pressure is increasing on Mourinho and his squad.

Chelsea face West Ham at Stamford Bridge on Sunday and the club's England midfielder Joe Cole is confident they can rediscover their scoring touch to remain on course for back-to-back titles.

Cole said: 'Seven points is still a big gap over Manchester United and we are confident of securing the title again.

'We have six games to play and four wins is what we need to achieve doing that.

'We just need to get back to winning ways. We have not been as clinical in front of goal and that seems to be costing us at the moment.

'William Gallas has been a big miss for us in the team but we are missing chances and we are confident of changing that in the next few games.

'We need to get back to the way we were playing against Manchester City and Tottenham in the first half.'

Three of the victories Chelsea need to ensure they are champions again should come from their home games against West Ham, Everton and United.

The clash against Sir Alex Ferguson's side has the potential to become a title showdown if the Blues fail to make the most of their seven-point advantage in the meantime.

Cole added: 'The most important thing is that we win our home games and I'm sure we will be okay.'
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:25 pm

if he goes to chelski, i'd sign wright-philips instead.  I can't see him staying there to sit on their expensive bench.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion