Joaquin

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Macca » Fri May 06, 2005 9:29 pm

Taken from sky sports

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has joined the race to sign Real Betis star Joaquin and hopes to persuade the player to snub Real Madrid and Chelsea.
The Anfield manager is keen to add to his Spanish contingency and Betis president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera says that he has now come in for Joaquin.
The Spanish international winger has been the subject of interest from Chelsea throughout the season and the Andalucian club were reported to have turned down a substantial offer from The Blues in January.
The player himself has always stated his desire to join Real Madrid, the club he supports, and it is well known that Florentino Perez is a fan of his.
But Benitez has made his admiration of Joaquin clear and Lopera says that he is already expecting an offer from the Premiership club in the summer.
"There is an English club, with a great Spanish coach. He has just taken his team to the final of the Champions League and knows our market very well and he wants to ensure that Joaquin does not go to Chelsea or Madrid," Lopera revealed.
"It is not always possible to turn down offers and here at Betis we are not going to say that he is not for sale and then go and sell him."
Benitez already has a host of Spaniards at the club but Joaquin is a more recognised name and is hot property in Europe, although The Reds may find it hard to match the financial muscle of real and Chelsea should a bidding war ensue.

Anyone seen him play he is outstanding, if he is going to be the type of player Rafa wants to get in at the end of the season then I see very exciting times ahead

Will be hard to compete with the best in europe for him though, then again european champions? :D
Macca

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 06, 2005 9:36 pm

Was saying the same thing to my Dad earlier!!  You been speaking to him? :D :D :D
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 06, 2005 9:38 pm

Powerful, top class right winger with a burst of pace that leaves players for dead.  He is an outstanding player.  He would be an asset to any team.
jonnymac1979

Postby kopite » Fri May 06, 2005 9:39 pm

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssss
hopefully
kopite

Postby Macca » Fri May 06, 2005 9:41 pm

Was saying the same thing to my Dad earlier!!  You been speaking to him?   

hahaha didnt know anything about that!

Powerful, top class right winger with a burst of pace that leaves players for dead.  He is an outstanding player.  He would be an asset to any team

I remember he had the better of Ashely Cole all game when Spain played England a few months back, I dont think ive seen a better performance by a winger
Macca

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri May 06, 2005 9:43 pm

For me Joaquín is easily one of the best players in the world, and I don't care what anyone says.

This season has been the most consistent of his career.

A truly SPECTACULAR player....

His skill, pace and strength is **** FRIGHTENING....Also EXCELLENT at shooting and crossing....forget Cristiano Ronaldo, i'd say Joaquín is a bit better than him.

Problem is he keeps on insitsting that it's Real Madrid or NOTHING....he's staying at Betis....

If he where by some miracle to come to Liverpool, it would be EXTREMELY EXCITING....he would very quickly become an Anfield favourite....
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Fri May 06, 2005 9:52 pm

Joaquin isn't he bought by Chelsea or is he a different one, if so get him he sounds gud the way your talkin about him.
joependo

Postby simic_ie » Fri May 06, 2005 9:58 pm

If Joaquin came to Liverpool...... wow..... :p

I mean imagine a midfield 4 of (a back on for) Harry Kewell, Xabi Alonso, Stevie Gerrard and Joaquin.... supplying a forward line of Morientes and Cissé! :D

Doubt we could afford him though :(
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri May 06, 2005 10:01 pm

i would LOVE joaquin, one of ther best players in the world to snub madrid and chelsea but i am very doubtful of it happening, we cant outmuscle a bid from chelsea or real madrid and why would he come to liverpool if he has the chance to join the club he supports and who would outbid us anyway? i dont see this happening but who knows, if he does join it shows our tremendous power in the transfer market and we can attract anyone but i dont honestly see any reason he would come here
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri May 06, 2005 10:37 pm

simic_ie wrote:If Joaquin came to Liverpool...... wow..... :p

I mean imagine a midfield 4 of (a back on for) Harry Kewell, Xabi Alonso, Stevie Gerrard and Joaquin.... supplying a forward line of Morientes and Cissé! :D

Doubt we could afford him though :(

we could try and throw 20 mill for him, if we want to put that much for him. i know he is worth it, but i think with rafa and our  host of Spaniardsm i think we can make a strong bid for him with our current european form.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri May 06, 2005 10:46 pm

I think the Spaniards we have at the club will influence Joaquin to pick us over Real Madrid and Chelsea.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Fri May 06, 2005 10:50 pm

Cant see him coming,just looks like a ploy from his agent or the Real Betis chairman to boost his value before the summer,having said that I would love to have a player of his quality at this club.
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri May 06, 2005 10:58 pm

What can i say every one else has already said evrything. He is an amazing player. Agree with all the positive comments about him.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri May 06, 2005 11:07 pm

A.B. wrote:I think the Spaniards we have at the club will influence Joaquin to pick us over Real Madrid and Chelsea.

i dont think chelsea has to much leverage, besides the money.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Fri May 06, 2005 11:24 pm

Joaquin would definately be my first choice but if we couldnt get him go for the young spaniard from sevilla JESUS NAVAS
kopite

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion