Joaquin

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 16, 2005 1:40 am

Lads and lasses...FOOK IT!!! Why say which positions are the most important when, come next season, all the positions mentioned will have new players in them!!!??!!!! We will have a new;

GK
CB
LW
RW
ST.
Heck, we may even have a few new CM's and a LB!!!

We NEED these positions filling with quality if we are to challenge next term. And we all know the formation will be;

GK
         RB                    CB                   CB                      LB

DM           DM
                    RM                                          LM

AM
                                      ST

(Or something like that, or possibly completely different!!!!lol!!!):D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 16, 2005 2:51 am

We NEED these positions filling with quality if we are to challenge next term. And we all know the formation will be;

GK
        RB                    CB                   CB                      LB

DM           DM
                   RM                                          LM

AM
                                     ST

(Or something like that, or possibly completely different!!!!lol!!!):D
:D  :laugh:  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:13 am

A.B. wrote:Goalkeeper isn't a top priority in my book, Dudek is poor but it shouldn't be on the top of our shopping list.

Reina seems a pretty done deal from what i have read and heard from various places.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kullinger » Mon May 16, 2005 11:57 am

KOP-1892 wrote:Neh, Van de Vaart is a left sided player mate. He can play in behind the striker(s) though.

I would say van der vaart is more like a mix of winger and centre mid..  In ajax he plays like one of three  centre midfelders in a 4-3-3 formation.
kullinger

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon May 16, 2005 12:00 pm

I've heard Reina is definately coming to Liverpool, and according to reports hes supposed to be Spain's best young keeper who's not Ikker Cassilas
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby kullinger » Mon May 16, 2005 12:07 pm

scott cartson is better
kullinger

Postby Gareth G » Mon May 16, 2005 12:29 pm

A.B. wrote:
Schmeichel, Seaman, Cech - these three were worth so many points to their teams, you can;t be serious in saying replacing Dudek isn't a priority. You've gotta have a top keeper. I can't believe people on here saying stick with him and Kirkland as there are bigger priorities? Joking.

So how did Arsenal win the league with Lehmann as their goalkeeper? I'm not saying we should keep Dudek, but a new goalkeeper isn't the most important. A winger and a striker would be more imporant imo, along with a new CB.

By scoring goals mate, Arsenal are "score 4 conceed 3" team, although they seem to have tightened up a bit at the back recently. Henry and Co won the league by balancing out crucial errors from Lehmann. Besides A.B., a keeper is a must for us, you must not get to see much games if you think a keeper isn't a top priority. Dudek is a good shot stopper at best, you can see the panic on his face when he see's a winger about to cross the ball, he's got into a bad habbit of punching away the ball - even when a cross is catchable. He has, I must admitt, become a bit more reliable lately, but I can't help but point out that is because Jamie and Sammi are playing well, therefore leaving him less to do. Dudek is a keeper low on confidence, end of!

Our main priorities are a new GK, CB and RM, as said before, I think Reina is a done deal, or near enough, so that would be the keeper spot filled. God only knows who will fill our CB position, but I hope Hyypia stays for cover as hes still a brilliant player with awesome aerial presence. Our left side has more than enough capabilities in Riise and Kewell ( if he gets his :censored: out of gear ) but if we can get Van der Vaart take him. On our right though is a different story, Nunez isn't good enough, Garcia does ok until it comes to tracking back and putting in a tackle - where he looks like a kid intimadated by a monster! So I feel this position needs sorted instantly. As for a striker, I don't think we need one, we have two quality main strikers in Cisse and Morientes, Baros will be sold for a tidy sum, probably, which leaves us with Pongolle as our main back up. I think Pongolle is going to be a belter, he showed us plenty of signs on why we bought him. Then theres also Le Tellec who is further down the packing order, but he can score goals as hes already showed us.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 19, 2005 1:34 pm

Can you imagine the conversation if a Scouser met Joaquin in the street?

Scoucer: You're Jokhin, right?

Joaquin: No, I'm serious

Scoucer: No, you're Jokhin, aren't you?

Joaquin: No, I'm deadly serious

Scoucer: Are you Jokhin or aren't you?

Joaquin: I've told you twice I'm serious

Joaquin: Ouch

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu May 19, 2005 1:36 pm

I love it whenever I see this thread jump back to the top of the board, it means more news hopefully.

This is the one player I would LOVE to see lining up for us next season.
jonnymac1979

Postby kopite » Thu May 19, 2005 2:38 pm

JESUS NAVAS IF WE CANT GET JOAQUIN .:D
kopite

Postby joependo » Thu May 19, 2005 8:56 pm

great skill and strengh beatiful shots aswell.Did ne1 see his shot against Barca and it went in wat a beauty
joependo

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 20, 2005 1:51 pm

joependo wrote:great skill and strengh beatiful shots aswell.Did ne1 see his shot against Barca and it went in wat a beauty

Didn't see the goal, no.

Have you voted in this poll yet?  Have a good, long, hard read of the posts in there.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon May 23, 2005 8:56 pm

That source from RAWK has said that Joaquin will choose Real Madrid over us this summer.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Tue May 24, 2005 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon May 23, 2005 9:04 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:That souce from RAWK has said that Joaquin will choose Real Madrid over us this summer.

If Madrid make a sensible bid for him, and Betis agree to sell to them, then he will definitely go there ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool, he said he dreams of playing for Madrid and it is the club he supports, so you can't blame him.

It’s a shame though, because he is a wonderful player, a fantastic combination of elegance and strength, will be one of the best around eventually.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon May 23, 2005 9:27 pm

jaoquin would be awesome cant see it though.
Id be happy if these were are purchases:  Reina, one of Milito, Mexes.  Hargreaves, nolan, swp and that striker at sevilla he's awesome (name pases me just now). I think its baptista.

Anyhow if we get these six players and get rid of some ofour earners hamann, diouf, salif, cheyrou, smicer then the wage bill wont be that bad. Heres hoping!
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion