Joaquin

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 14, 2005 10:01 pm

against arsenal he looked poor.  But i would love to see Joaquin here but we have to be careful with the coppers!   :p
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 15, 2005 12:10 am

The priorities are:

Goalkeeper
Striker
Right winger
Left winger
Centre half

in that order.

In the case of the striker, we may already have the answer in Cisse, we don't know yet. A new Centre half is nowhere near the top of that list. Hyypia and Carragher are more than capable.
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Sun May 15, 2005 12:33 am

stu_the_red wrote:The priorities are:

Goalkeeper
Striker
Right winger
Left winger
Centre half

in that order.

In the case of the striker, we may already have the answer in Cisse, we don't know yet. A new Centre half is nowhere near the top of that list. Hyypia and Carragher are more than capable.

Who are you trying to fool, fool?

Centre half nowhere near the top of the shopping list. Sometimes it is better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 15, 2005 4:29 am

Centre Half & Right Winger for me... Even if baros goes, i guess we don't really a striker as rafa like to play with only 1 upfront (with a supporting striker).

We have pongolle, ALT, Garcia, Cisse, Mellor & Morientes so don't really need a striker to brought in.

What we need is a pacy centrehalf... Hyppia has been great in europe (where the game is played at a slower pace), but in the premiership, he has been average most of the season (not good enuff  if we are to challenge for the premiership title).

And then a good right winger is a must....garcia has been doing great there...but he is more potent as a support striker. I wouldn't mind a midfield of :

kewell/riise  Alonso  Gerrard  Joaquin
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun May 15, 2005 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Sun May 15, 2005 6:16 am

Joaquin is an outstanding talent. And we, along with just about every other big club are in the chase.

But he will go to Madrid to replace his Guru - Figo. I rekon its already a done deal.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Ade » Sun May 15, 2005 1:08 pm

banana wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:The priorities are:

Goalkeeper
Striker
Right winger
Left winger
Centre half

in that order.

Who are you trying to fool, fool?

Centre half nowhere near the top of the shopping list. Sometimes it is better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Definitely need a top keeper. Dudek's hopeless, can't remember the last time he won us a game, which is what you need if you're gonna challenge.

Striker - apparently, albeit a tabloid rumour, Newcastle are offering 16m for Owen, and Madrid are ready to make a quick profit on him. Get him back for what we sold him for, which is supposed to be written into the sale contract.

Right mid: definitely need improving. Joaquin would be an unbelieveable signing, but if Chelsea get him then Duff wouldn't stick around as a bit-part player. Go for Duff.

Left mid: I'd still give Kewell one last chance. Maybe till the 2006 transfer window. And with Riise doing an ok job there this season, it's not the top priority.

CB: definitely need an alternative to Hyypia. I'd try and palm Diouf off to Birmingham, who are sniffing around him, and thrown them another 3m and pick up Upson. A mate of mine who's a regular Gooner reckons Upson was the second quickest player at Highbury behind Henry, quicker than Campbell, Cole, Pires.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sun May 15, 2005 2:08 pm

Definitely need a top keeper. Dudek's hopeless, can't remember the last time he won us a game, which is what you need if you're gonna challenge.

Well, apparently Reina is a done deal. Dudek was once a good keeper, but hes declined in form rapidly over the last few seasons, however, he has become a bit more solid the last month or so - albeit still a little uncomfortable when a cross comes in. I think his save from Lampards shot in the CL agaisnt Chelsea could well go down as a match winning save.

Other than the keeper, I think we need a quality CB, theres a few names that could be thrown into the mix here. I also think our right midfield needs sorting, Nunez ( God love him ) isn't good enough even though he tries. Our left side is ok, although if we got Van der Vaart I would be over the moon, it would be a case of slipping Riise back into LB were he'd do a great job supporting in attacks.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun May 15, 2005 2:22 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:

Well, apparently Reina is a done deal. Dudek was once a good keeper, but hes declined in form rapidly over the last few seasons, however, he has become a bit more solid the last month or so - albeit still a little uncomfortable when a cross comes in. I think his save from Lampards shot in the CL agaisnt Chelsea could well go down as a match winning save.

Other than the keeper, I think we need a quality CB, theres a few names that could be thrown into the mix here. I also think our right midfield needs sorting, Nunez ( God love him ) isn't good enough even though he tries. Our left side is ok, although if we got Van der Vaart I would be over the moon, it would be a case of slipping Riise back into LB were he'd do a great job supporting in attacks.

I thought VDV was a right sided player or played behind the front two very much like Garcia, I would prefer Riise to stay in midfield and develop Traore and Warnock at LB cos Riise doe a lot of damage going forward.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sun May 15, 2005 2:24 pm

Neh, Van de Vaart is a left sided player mate. He can play in behind the striker(s) though.
Last edited by Gareth G on Sun May 15, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun May 15, 2005 7:33 pm

The priorities are:

Goalkeeper
Striker
Right winger
Left winger
Centre half

in that order.

Goalkeeper isn't a top priority in my book, Dudek is poor but it shouldn't be on the top of our shopping list.

A new CB is a must, Carragher has been superb but Hyypia's lack of pace in the League has been exposed too many times for my liking.

Right winger you say? That spot is cemented by Luis Garcia, no he isn't a winger but he's scored 13 goals from that position. Left wing on the other hand is a must.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ade » Sun May 15, 2005 8:04 pm

A.B. wrote:
The priorities are:

Goalkeeper
Striker
Right winger
Left winger
Centre half

in that order.

Goalkeeper isn't a top priority in my book, Dudek is poor but it shouldn't be on the top of our shopping list.

A new CB is a must, Carragher has been superb but Hyypia's lack of pace in the League has been exposed too many times for my liking.

Right winger you say? That spot is cemented by Luis Garcia, no he isn't a winger but he's scored 13 goals from that position. Left wing on the other hand is a must.

Disagree with nearly all of that mate. You look at the Prem since it was launched - it's nearly always been won by the team with the best keeper.

Schmeichel, Seaman, Cech - these three were worth so many points to their teams, you can;t be serious in saying replacing Dudek isn't a priority. You've gotta have a top keeper. I can't believe people on here saying stick with him and Kirkland as there are bigger priorities? Joking.

Garcia's done great for us this season, but I don't see him as a right mid for the big games. Look at the damage Arsenal did to us last week down that flank with Ashley Cole; Garcia to me is better deployed behind the front man, in the box. We need a stronger player on the right wing to pin back teams cutting down our right side. To be fair, Josemi might have struggled early on cos he was lacking cover when he was trying to adapt to the Englis game.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun May 15, 2005 8:05 pm

A.B. wrote:
The priorities are:

Goalkeeper
Striker
Right winger
Left winger
Centre half

in that order.

Garcia is not going to play right wing, he will play off our main striker.

Right and Left (If Kewell is sold) winger's should be our priority.

Right winger
Left winger
Central Midfielder if Gerrard leaves
Striker
Goalkeeper
Centre half

in that order

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun May 15, 2005 8:08 pm

Schmeichel, Seaman, Cech - these three were worth so many points to their teams, you can;t be serious in saying replacing Dudek isn't a priority. You've gotta have a top keeper. I can't believe people on here saying stick with him and Kirkland as there are bigger priorities? Joking.

So how did Arsenal win the league with Lehmann as their goalkeeper? I'm not saying we should keep Dudek, but a new goalkeeper isn't the most important. A winger and a striker would be more imporant imo, along with a new CB.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sun May 15, 2005 11:57 pm

joaquin is awesome, if we can get him, i cant imagine wats gonna happen
onizukaeikichi

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 16, 2005 1:39 am

Lads and lasses...FOOK IT!!! Why say which positions are the most important when, come next season, all the positions mentioned will have new players in them!!!??!!!! We will have a new;

GK
CB
LW
RW
ST.
Heck, we may even have a few new CM's and a LB!!!

We NEED these positions filling with quality if we are to challenge next term. And we all know the formation will be;

GK
         RB                    CB                   CB                      LB

DM           DM
                    RM                                          LM

AM
                                      ST

(Or something like that, or possibly completely different!!!!lol!!!):D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion