Joaquin

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Erica » Mon May 09, 2005 11:35 am

Pablo_Escobar wrote:
Erica wrote:Joaquín is a good player, although he is not that constant in his play. Nevertheless Betis have a crazy chairman, and I know he will ask for a lot of money to the team that wants him. This is the only reason why he is no playing for Real Madrid yet. They ask for too much money.

I belive it's better to look for players with such known names as Joaquin, but at comparable quality or talent.
We don't need to splash out big bucks for Joaquin if Betis boss asks that much. We should look for player like BVB did with Rosicky. They are countries with great players, or at least with great potential, and players from that countries don't cost so much  :O

I agree.
Erica

Postby matrix » Tue May 10, 2005 1:25 am

this thread has had 1565 reds fans tracking it, that is how well respected joaquin is he is just amazing but i think we will have to beat milan to get him, i said last summer cisse was the most important signing for us in years and that will still be the case even after his nightmare first season, but joaquin will just be a fantastic signing - the midfield  from left garcia, gerrard alonso, joaquin, forwards- morientes, cisse,***  pure sex.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue May 10, 2005 1:49 am

matrix wrote:the midfield  from left garcia, gerrard alonso, joaquin, forwards- morientes, cisse,***  pure sex.

:D wow heaven ...  :upside:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue May 10, 2005 3:07 am

I think they may even be a Spanish team, not sure though??

Shhh they don't know that. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 14, 2005 6:45 pm

Have a read of this topic on RAWK

They guy who posted it goes by the name of Patrick, apparently lives in Sevilla, and even though he has less than 100 posts to his name, usually sounds like a very credible guy. 

Worth keeping tabs on this, if we do get this player, it scares the sh!t out of me how good he is.  :wwww  :wwww  :wwww  :wwww  :wwww
jonnymac1979

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat May 14, 2005 6:52 pm

If we sign Joaquin it will top the signing of Alonso. Alonso is the real deal, no ifs or buts, I cant remember being so happy about a signing, he top draw.

This guy Joaquin is top draw aswell. He is big and strong, can dribble, head, defend, and scoore goals, there isn't much he can't do, I know he would cost at least £20MIL, but it would be worth every penny.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 14, 2005 7:42 pm

This guy Joaquin is top draw aswell. He is big and strong, can dribble, head, defend, and scoore goals, there isn't much he can't do, I know he would cost at least £20MIL, but it would be worth every penny.

could it be cheaper to buy Wright-phillips?  he's class and English.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat May 14, 2005 7:46 pm

Hahaha cheaper? Is that a joke?

English players are most overpriced players on the planet, and I wouldn't be surprised if SWP cost 5-10 million pounds more than Joaquin. Personaly I think SWP will stay at least one year, their new manager has done a good job and I think he'll get SWp to stay.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kullinger » Sat May 14, 2005 8:17 pm

If we sign Joaquin, Garcia can go out on the left midfeld and riise as left back.
That would be grate
:)
kullinger

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat May 14, 2005 8:39 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

could it be cheaper to buy Wright-phillips?  he's class and English.

Most people will disagree but Wright-Philips is not in the same class catergory as Joaquin.

20MIL for Joaquin, I'd bite your hand off.

20MIL for Wright-Philips, overpriced.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 14, 2005 9:01 pm

problem is, Chelski want him too and i wouldn't fancy getting involved in a bidding war with them and blowing most of our transfer kitty on one player.   We need to get some class defenders on our books ASAP!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat May 14, 2005 9:05 pm

7_Kewell wrote:problem is, Chelski want him too and i wouldn't fancy getting involved in a bidding war with them and blowing most of our transfer kitty on one player.   We need to get some class defenders on our books ASAP!

Finnan Hyypia Carragher Riise/Warnock.

Now I'm not saying that is the best, but it is of a good standard and has done well this season.

Our priority must and will be to bring in qulaity players to play either side of Garcia:

Gerrard Alonso

XXX     Garcia      XXX

Cisse/Morinetes

I can definately see the biggest of our signings being in this department.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Sat May 14, 2005 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kullinger » Sat May 14, 2005 9:11 pm

another talent is Christian "chippen" Wilhelmsson from sweden and Anderlecht. He is one of the fastest player in europe and he got also very good tecnique.
Belive me he when I say that he is a good player and clubs like Inter are interest of him.
kullinger

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 14, 2005 9:19 pm

Quote (7_Kewell @ May 14 2005,21:01)
problem is, Chelski want him too and i wouldn't fancy getting involved in a bidding war with them and blowing most of our transfer kitty on one player.   We need to get some class defenders on our books ASAP!

Now I'm not saying that is the best, but it is of a good standard and has done well this season.

Our priority must and will be to bring in qulaity players to play either side of Garcia:

Gerrard Alonso

XXX     Garcia      XXX

Cisse/Morinetes

I disagree, we NEED a class centr back.  Hypia has lost his pace and can't perform week in week out, Pelle will probably be let go and we will be short.  We NEED a centre back and although we do also need a right winger, we should be realistic with our transfer targets.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat May 14, 2005 9:30 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Quote (7_Kewell @ May 14 2005,21:01)

Gerrard Alonso

XXX     Garcia      XXX

Cisse/Morinetes

I disagree, we NEED a class centr back.  Hypia has lost his pace and can't perform week in week out, Pelle will probably be let go and we will be short.  We NEED a centre back and although we do also need a right winger, we should be realistic with our transfer targets.

Hyypia has lost his pace? Sorry, but could you remind exactly when Hyypia had pace? My memory seems to be playing up.

He has never been quick, the only reason he has been able to play at this level with such a huge weakness is because of his impeccable timing and positioning, he is such an intelligent defender. But he does suffer physically when he has to play too many games in a short period of time.

It looks quiet certain that a first team replacement will be bought in for Hyypia, I agree with this if we can find someone of at least the same quality plus the recovery pace that would give our team another dimension. But if next season Hyypia and Carragher were at the heart of our defence I wouldn’t be worried at all. But if we had a very poor Nunez, an injury prone and off form Kewell, and out of position Garcia and Riise providing the main creative influence from midfield, I would be very worried.

But I do agree that we should think about realistic targets, but you should never say never.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion