Joaquin

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat May 07, 2005 8:59 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
kopite wrote:Joaquin is playing tonight in the match against seville on sky sports 1 .
So I can see who I would like  if we cant get him , Jesus Navas

yeah i`ve been glancing at the madrid match -owen scored again- but i`ll have a proper look at the seville derby thats on in a minute.

Yep, wif you wanna watch his guys, ts starting RIGHT NOW!!! SS3
76-1115222408

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 07, 2005 9:04 pm

Remember when England got humiliated by Spain not so long ago, y'know the one where Rooney had to get subbed before he made a complete animal of himself?

Joaquin played in that game and was simply ASTONISHINGLY good. If he makes even the slightest noises about condsidering a move to Liverpool we should pull out all the stops to get him. PURE CLASS
Last edited by Woollyback on Sat May 07, 2005 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Sat May 07, 2005 10:31 pm

Why would chelsea want him theyve already gt Robben and Duff not that theyre better but still .
kopite

Postby Paul C » Sat May 07, 2005 10:42 pm

Would love to see him at Anfield but the money of Chelsea is a big factor as I doubt we could afford him :(

Fingers crossed though :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat May 07, 2005 10:44 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Unrealistic target according to most of you every time i've mentioned the lad.

We're in the champions league final.

We have an amazing club history.

We have a great SPANISH manager.

We have one of SPAINS BEST central midfielders and one of there best strikers.

We have a large SPANISH contingent at the club already.

We have Steven Gerrard.

We have a massive advantage over any club except Madrid.

Also, don't give me this ****** about not being able to afford him, if we can get him, the funds will be raised.

I like that post Stu, some very good POSSITIVE points for once on this forum  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun May 08, 2005 1:14 am

he deffinately would be a great signing for the club, and would affect everyone in the club positively. This would be a huge boost to our club and if we really and truely want to go after him, we should say screw chelsea, screw madrid, lets go and put some real effort into attracting him.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Sun May 08, 2005 2:19 am

Alright I've never seen the guy play, but he's been the best young player by far in Championship Manager for years :D

8m or so plus Baros...that sound like a realistic deal to anyone else?
cptrios

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 08, 2005 10:05 pm

cptrios wrote:Alright I've never seen the guy play, but he's been the best young player by far in Championship Manager for years

True, you need him in your Football Manager 2005 team, pay over the odds if you must, he is essential, but DON'T PLAY HIM ANYWHERE APART FROM RIGHT MIDFIELD otherwise he will get ratings of 2 or 3 every game.  Make him hug the touchline.

But in real life my friend, trust me, he is the REAL DEAL.

Hope this isn't empty paper talk.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Sun May 08, 2005 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby XSD » Sun May 08, 2005 10:36 pm

Joaquin is simply the best right winger in the world. He would possibly be the best player in the premiership if he came here and did as well as he could.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, his wages and the lure of winning titles could be much bigger elsewhere, but it is good we are being linked with a player of his quality and as stu summarised there are reasons for it.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Sun May 08, 2005 11:58 pm

His season this year has been absolutely amazing becoming the top player on the classification of passes for goal (15 i think), he has pace, dribbling, goal and youth. I think that Lopera (the chairman of Betis) wont sell him to Abramovich (he has sometimes talked about him with kinda contempt) so ur main "rival" will be Real...Joaquin has said that hed prefer staying in Spain when leaving Betis, so its hard work waiting for Benitez to convince him.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 09, 2005 1:08 am

Is he better than Man U(SCUMBAGS') Ronaldo!?! Are you serious!?! He makes that buck-toothed fairy look like a wheel brace. There is absolutely no comparison - Jaoquin to Ronaldo is like Pele to Forlan! Up the 'pool! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Mon May 09, 2005 9:16 am

In the RB Seville match, wasn't he playing left wing?
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby LFC #1 » Mon May 09, 2005 10:01 am

A.B. wrote:I think the Spaniards we have at the club will influence Joaquin to pick us over Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Real Madrid have a few Spaniards as well A.B.  :D

I think they may even be a Spanish team, not sure though??  :p
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Erica » Mon May 09, 2005 11:21 am

Joaquín is a good player, although he is not that constant in his play. Nevertheless Betis have a crazy chairman, and I know he will ask for a lot of money to the team that wants him. This is the only reason why he is no playing for Real Madrid yet. They ask for too much money.
Erica

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Mon May 09, 2005 11:30 am

Erica wrote:Joaquín is a good player, although he is not that constant in his play. Nevertheless Betis have a crazy chairman, and I know he will ask for a lot of money to the team that wants him. This is the only reason why he is no playing for Real Madrid yet. They ask for too much money.

I belive it's better to look for players with such known names as Joaquin, but at comparable quality or talent.
We don't need to splash out big bucks for Joaquin if Betis boss asks that much. We should look for player like BVB did with Rosicky. They are countries with great players, or at least with great potential, and players from that countries don't cost so much  :O
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion