Joaquin - Hart set on move to premiership

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby coolsobs » Mon May 29, 2006 5:49 pm

Joaquin, who is training with Spain in preparation for the World Cup, has received plenty of information about the Premiership, with seven of Spain's 23-man squad currently playing in the English top flight, and the Betis right winger admits he is considering a future away from Seville.

"I don't close any door," said Joaquin. "My national team-mates have spoken to me about the Premiership saying that it's a fantastic competition and that it would be a good move for me.

"If I was go to there, we would have to wait and see how it goes."

The 24-year-old has been a target of several English clubs in the past few campaigns and having spent his whole career at Betis, Joaquin is ready to move on.

"One of the possibilities that is being evaluated is my departure and we will see what happens," he said. "What I want is for everything to be sorted before the World Cup.

"We will have to go for the strongest offer because Betis will not transfer me just like that, but I also want to go where I can win and be happy from a professional and personal level.

"I would also like to continue to play in the Champions League because I think I can play among the best."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_1252917,00.html

much better than pennant
coolsobs

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon May 29, 2006 6:13 pm

I think he will cost too much for us to get him the only thing that puts us a little bit in our favour is that he is spanish

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 29, 2006 6:16 pm

coolsobs wrote:much better than pennant

i agree, but i can think of about 17 million little round gold coloured reasons with the queens head on them why we wont be signing him.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon May 29, 2006 6:36 pm

Joaquin's a good player, with an array of techinical abilities that make him a very exciting player. However he is a very inconsistent performer and I don't see the point in paying around £15million - £30million (maybe more) on someone who is an inconsistent player. More to the point could meet Betis' price demand for him? From what I've seen of him I'd be reluctant to pay more than £13million for him. He disappears in and out of games and like I said in the other thread sometimes you don't even notice he's there.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Mon May 29, 2006 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Sabre » Mon May 29, 2006 6:44 pm

Some recent events might change the fate of Joaquin in Betis. Betis has been traditionally a humble team (I use this word in the best of it's meaning), from the seventies to the nineties more or less they were either on segunda or the last places of primera. Until Lopera appeared. The man might be folklorik, and weird, he might have renamed the old Benito Villamarin stadium to Ruiz de Lopera, but he really put the money on the table (instead of taking it, which is something usually done in Spanish clubs) and made Betis what it is now, a team that is counted as one of the important ones.

Thing is that Lopera resigns now. And he has said something as relevant as true : "From now on, Betis will sign up players, with the money he gets from selling players".

It says it all really. I see Joaquin's future out of Sevilla. But, it's not going to be a cheap one, if Chel$ski, Madrid, are invoved, and it's likely the latter at least, will be involved.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon May 29, 2006 6:51 pm

Well if he does leave then hes not likely to come here, we dont have the money and even if we did im sure we would get outbidded or something. I would like no one more than joaquin to come to liverpool but i cant see it happening
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Kukilon » Mon May 29, 2006 7:36 pm

For 12-14million pounds sure but not for more. I'd rather have a Pennant for 5million pounds if he costs more than that.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Mon May 29, 2006 7:53 pm

Joaquin - I was always thinking this lad was a brilliant player but for the £££'s being quoted I wouldn't go near the lad. Yes he may be exciting and a good player but rafa has always said he will not waste money, he looks for "options" and in my humble opinion there are better options to choose.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Mon May 29, 2006 8:11 pm

GOAT wrote:Well if he does leave then hes not likely to come here, we dont have the money and even if we did im sure we would get outbidded or something. I would like no one more than joaquin to come to liverpool but i cant see it happening

spot on...but if rafa could choose a player in the whole world it would be joaquin...rafa has allways spoke highly of joaquin, he even told real betis some time back not to sell him to chelski,  would love to c him here   :buttrock

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:46 pm

As many of you have said, we would all love this guy here and under Benny he could take us to the next level, the Prem.

But he has said it himself:

We will have to go for the strongest offer because Betis will not transfer me just like that

So will have to wait and see. Im not sure if Chelsea will enter in the running for him either tho, looks like they might revert to the dimond that was sucessful for Jose at porto. And since they have already got 4 wingers, I doubt he would want more. Unless they sign him, just so know else can sign him, which they have done before with many other players i.e Parker, SWP.

But I guess only time will tell. But I wouldn't put my money on it.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Mon May 29, 2006 9:50 pm

I'd prefer it if we went for alves tbh, i know joaquin is a very exciting player and all but he would cost too much IMO and the need for a striker or two is as important if not more so than a right winger. Alves would be cheap compared to Joaquin and he is also versatile,exciting going forward and capable of defending aswell, sounds perfect for our right wing if you ask me. He can also fill in at right back if finnan is unavaliable and stevie can also be used on the right aswell so rather than spend a whole lot of wonga on a very good but inconsistent player i would rather we bought alves which would am guessing leave more money to buy two top class strikers to but the ball in the onion bag :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Mon May 29, 2006 10:00 pm

Joaquin is too loyal to Betis.

I do not mean that he will stay there, I mean he is loyal so that if Chelsea offer twice the money to his club he will go to them and not us. I could imagine chelsea buying him just to stop us, I'm sure there is a young English player or two they can sit on the bench to make up for it.
Last edited by XSD on Mon May 29, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue May 30, 2006 1:15 am

15 million for Joaquin,i'd take it.He's a very good right winger which we have a lack of.Anymore than 15 and im not so sure thought.I think it all depend on how his World Cup goes.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue May 30, 2006 8:58 am

XSD wrote:Joaquin is too loyal to Betis.

I do not mean that he will stay there, I mean he is loyal so that if Chelsea offer twice the money to his club he will go to them and not us. I could imagine chelsea buying him just to stop us, I'm sure there is a young English player or two they can sit on the bench to make up for it.

Although we do need and will probabaly get a RM soon id like to see Paul Anderson given a few chances next season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Tue May 30, 2006 9:03 am

I cant see Madrid taking him unless they offload Beckham, and Beckham still sells most of their shirts.
tel

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion