Joaquin - Hart set on move to premiership

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:20 am

I'm warming to the possibility of Mr Pennant arriving

That is a positive news ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
john craig wrote:Agree Lando, of all the targets that have been talked about it's got to be one of those two.  Unless Benitez has something else up his sleeve no one else has thought of  :glare:

Nah. I shouldn't think Rafa would play his arm on the right wing!!!  :D

:laugh:

Cheeky kunt :angry:  :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:18 pm

john craig wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
john craig wrote:Agree Lando, of all the targets that have been talked about it's got to be one of those two.  Unless Benitez has something else up his sleeve no one else has thought of  :glare:

cunt :angry: 

i wouldnt say that openly john  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:53 pm

Im sure Rafa has a plan up his sleeve anyway but no way for Poborsky. Wenger got a bargin for Rosicky but as for us Alves will cost to much. I dont see us paying over 12 Mil for a player who isnt even in the world cup.

And Toni is 29. Fair play that he has scored 30 this season which is phenomenal in the Italian league but at his age i feel he is a 1 or 2 season wonder and nothing more. If he was 23 or 24 then id say yes. It also depends on the price. Becasue of his scoring record Firoentina will demand alot for him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:30 pm

bavlondon wrote:Im sure Rafa has a plan up his sleeve anyway but no way for Poborsky. Wenger got a bargin for Rosicky but as for us Alves will cost to much. I dont see us paying over 12 Mil for a player who isnt even in the world cup.

And Toni is 29. Fair play that he has scored 30 this season which is phenomenal in the Italian league but at his age i feel he is a 1 or 2 season wonder and nothing more. If he was 23 or 24 then id say yes. It also depends on the price. Becasue of his scoring record Firoentina will demand alot for him.

Toni would clost a fortune and i can't see Rafa splashing silly money for a guy who is nearly 30....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:51 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Im sure Rafa has a plan up his sleeve anyway but no way for Poborsky. Wenger got a bargin for Rosicky but as for us Alves will cost to much. I dont see us paying over 12 Mil for a player who isnt even in the world cup.

Toni would clost a fortune and i can't see Rafa splashing silly money for a guy who is nearly 30....

Yeah Toni is a bit old for us but he is a great player, the game the other night showed that. The shot off the bar sticks in my mind, technique in that was awesome
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:19 pm

Judge wrote:
john craig wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

cunt :angry: 

i wouldnt say that openly john  :laugh:

The edit-wizzard's at it again I see :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:03 pm

Simao is overrated and awful im glad we didnt waste a single cent on him.
Houllier=LFC

Postby DonnieDarko » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:21 pm

He's good but too expensive . I watched usa vs czech . DaMarcus Beasley and Karel Poborsky played on RM and he played well . Dont know we have get them less than 5m

yea Poborsky is too old.

I hope your not suggesting we should buy DaMarcus Beasley. He is complete rubbish and should not be playing for the USA.
DonnieDarko

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:23 pm

Houllier=LFC wrote:Simao is overrated and awful im glad we didnt waste a single cent on him.

Yeah im glad we didnt get simao too, but he did play well for portugal the other night
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Houllier=LFC » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:41 pm

Dont know how you came up with the conclusion that Simao played well that night, to be honest the whole portugal team played bad, and Simao made lots of bad passes.
Houllier=LFC

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:01 pm

Bav, Sevilla want £8million in total for him, which I don't think is a lot to ask for really. Sadly the days when you could sign a player like Kenny Dalgilish for £500,000 are thirty years long gone, if you want better than average players like Alves you have to pay for them, simple as that. Sevilla in my book aren't asking for too much £8million's not a bad price at all, had he been English and won the UEFA cup with Boro, they would demand around £15million for him.
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:03 pm

Houllier=LFC wrote:Dont know how you came up with the conclusion that Simao played well that night, to be honest the whole portugal team played bad, and Simao made lots of bad passes.

Agreed, Simao had a two good games against Man Utd and arguably one against Liverpool, and all of sudden he's a great player. I've not seen enough of Simao but what I have seen he's been poor. Not worth £5million, nevermind £12million.
48-1119859832

Postby Kukilon » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:47 pm

0asis wrote:
Houllier=LFC wrote:Dont know how you came up with the conclusion that Simao played well that night, to be honest the whole portugal team played bad, and Simao made lots of bad passes.

Agreed, Simao had a two good games against Man Utd and arguably one against Liverpool, and all of sudden he's a great player. I've not seen enough of Simao but what I have seen he's been poor. Not worth £5million, nevermind £12million.

If he continues to have a bad WC we could probably get him pretty cheap. I'd rather have someone else though.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:12 pm

Benfica will more than likely keep him if he has a bad World Cup. They value him very highly in their team and won't sell him for £5million or less, they value him at £12million, but I'm sure someone somewhere might sign him. :D
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion