Joaquin - Hart set on move to premiership

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby pablinho » Tue May 30, 2006 12:54 pm

Joaquin price is  now lower than  last year,  he did  his worst  year in Betis, so price must be  around 10 million of euros max imo. But he is still  24 years old, maybe was just one bad year.
CD Castellon - Spain
pablinho

Postby Kukilon » Tue May 30, 2006 1:28 pm

pablinho wrote:Joaquin price is  now lower than  last year,  he did  his worst  year in Betis, so price must be  around 10 million of euros max imo. But he is still  24 years old, maybe was just one bad year.

If he costs 10million euros I'd take two or three of them.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Tue May 30, 2006 1:35 pm

Joaquin is a mint player but I dunno if he's worth £10m more than Pennant ???

For £17m we could get both Pennant and Kuyt rather than spending nearly that on Joaquin :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:27 am

Just read this now on newsnow. It looks like he is intent on staying with Betis. If this is true then would we turn back to Simao (who didnt look bad the other night in terms of handling himself on the pitch) as surley Chelsea will hang on to SWP now unless they themselves go for Simao. It might just have to be Pennant.

Real Betis winger Joaquin has said he will stay at Real Betis this season and turn a possible move to the premiership. Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have all been interested in the star. “He is a great coach, he has already demonstrated this and I hope that Betis takes advantage of all his wisdom. “I want to stay with Betis. This season, yes, I know clearly that I want to stay with them.”
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:59 am

He's good but too expensive . I watched usa vs czech . DaMarcus Beasley and Karel Poborsky played on RM and he played well . Dont know we have get them less than 5m.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:26 am

Isnt Poborsky a bit old?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:31 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:He's good but too expensive . I watched usa vs czech . DaMarcus Beasley and Karel Poborsky played on RM and he played well . Dont know we have get them less than 5m.

Poborsky is 34, and an ex-Scum player.

No thanks.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:44 am

Poborsky is 34, and an ex-Scum player. No thanks.

I know that but maybe for temp. solution.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Smeg » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:48 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

are you taking the :censored::laugh:
Smeg

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:49 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Again -

No, thanks.  :;):

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:51 am

Apart from what Lando said, which is reason enough not to sign him anyway, Poborsky has already tried his luck in Italy and England and has returned to the Czech league to finish his playing career - in fact I think he's player/manager or player/coach of the club he's at - so there's no way he's an option for us.  He's still quality though, never really understood why it didn't happen for him at United, I thought he'd be well suited to England.

As far as Joaquin goes I don't think he was ever an option - too much money for a player who is just too inconsistent.  The reason he's now said he's staying at Betis is probably because all the top teams have cooled their interest in him after his form last season.

Simao is not an option either, I think he's awful to be honest.  He'd just be a less effective version of Garcia imo, not a speedy winger with end-product which is what we need.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:02 am

john craig wrote:Apart from what Lando said, which is reason enough not to sign him anyway, Poborsky has already tried his luck in Italy and England and has returned to the Czech league to finish his playing career - in fact I think he's player/manager or player/coach of the club he's at - so there's no way he's an option for us.  He's still quality though, never really understood why it didn't happen for him at United, I thought he'd be well suited to England.

As far as Joaquin goes I don't think he was ever an option - too much money for a player who is just too inconsistent.  The reason he's now said he's staying at Betis is probably because all the top teams have cooled their interest in him after his form last season.

Simao is not an option either, I think he's awful to be honest.  He'd just be a less effective version of Garcia imo, not a speedy winger with end-product which is what we need.

Yep.

My first-choice at the minute would be Daniel Alves, but I can't deny I'm warming to the possibility of Mr Pennant arriving!

I reckon either of those two would make our midfield the best in Europe bar none, purely because they both stick to the task in hand; wingplay.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:07 am

luca toni, was excellent for italy

strong, tactically aware. top scorer in italy. theres a thread somewhere about it
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:07 am

Agree Lando, of all the targets that have been talked about it's got to be one of those two.  Unless Benitez has something else up his sleeve no one else has thought of  :glare:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:19 am

john craig wrote:Agree Lando, of all the targets that have been talked about it's got to be one of those two.  Unless Benitez has something else up his sleeve no one else has thought of  :glare:

Nah. I shouldn't think Rafa would play his arm on the right wing!!!  :D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion