Jimmy bullard - A good buy?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:01 am

to be honest Bullard has Everton written all over him. Nice guy, tried hard, but isn't up to standard for a top 4 team. Besides, why isn't he staying at Fulham.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:29 am

7_Kewell wrote:to be honest Bullard has Everton written all over him. Nice guy, tried hard, but isn't up to standard for a top 4 team. Besides, why isn't he staying at Fulham.

Theres a few players currently at LFC who have "Everton" written all over them come to think of it :P

Whilst there is just one player at Everton IMO who has Liverpool written all over him .........Arteta.

Bullard is a better player than Lucas, Benny and Pennent so if their worth a shout then why not Bullard ? It's increasingly apparrent that we lack the ability from the flanks unless our full backs get forward and deliver on that right side.

I watched Bullard recently at Anfield and between him and Danny Murphy they bossed the game. At least with Bullard you know your getting 100% effort. Can you honestly say that about Lucas, Pennent or Benyoun ?>  :oops:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:34 am

Dalglish wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:to be honest Bullard has Everton written all over him. Nice guy, tried hard, but isn't up to standard for a top 4 team. Besides, why isn't he staying at Fulham.

Theres a few players currently at LFC who have "Everton" written all over them come to think of it :P

Whilst there is just one player at Everton IMO who has Liverpool written all over him .........Arteta.

Bullard is a better player than Lucas, Benny and Pennent so if their worth a shout then why not Bullard ? It's increasingly apparrent that we lack the ability from the flanks unless our full backs get forward and deliver on that right side.

I watched Bullard recently at Anfield and between him and Danny Murphy they bossed the game. At least with Bullard you know your getting 100% effort. Can you honestly say that about Lucas, Pennent or Benyoun ?>  :oops:

He is not a winger though mate.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:37 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Dalglish wrote:

No but played right side of midfield for years before signing for Fulham and mostly played on the right for Wigan in their first season in the premier league where he stood out like a sore thumb for being a good player.

Also, are you suggesting Dirk Kuyt is a winger? He's twice the player Kuyt could ever dream of being and would offer our team a hell of a lot more than he does by playing in that position.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:37 am

Neither are Lucas , Benny and Pennent from what I've seen Leon :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Petar » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:50 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Petar wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
You really think Fulham don't want him? :laugh:

He's their best player by a mile. I take it you didn't see the Liverpool vs Fulham match this season then? He's a hell of a lot better than Mascherano and Lucas thats for sure. And Kuyt... well...  :laugh:

Aw just fu'ck off, I don't really give a sh'it whether Fulham want him or not, whatever you think about our current squad I'm awake enough to know that Bullards not f'ucking good enough to take us forward.

With respect to your Brownie coaching badge, if we signed half the players you rated we'd be lucky if we weren't in administration already.

Get yer head out of yer f'ucking a'rse, it's almost xmas and maybe that knock on the door is Rudolph returning your brain cell.

:laugh:

What a :censored: you are lad.

Lets face it, you've never even seen Bullard play or took the slightest bit of notice have ya, but you can judge from that that he's not good enough... despite him passing our team off the park during the home draw with Fulham (coincidently a game that the golden boy Mascherano) was brought off in because he (aswell as the brilliant brazilian) couldn't get anywhere near the lad you still don't think the lads a good enough player to be an improvement on Kuyt or Lucas?

Think its you that should :censored: off "mate" :laugh:

Yeah mate, was watching footy while you were still swimming round yer old mans nutsack.

Bullards a decent player but I don't see how he will take LFC forward.

Ho - hum, guess I'll just add him to the list of other "great" players you wanted us to sign in recent years.

Robert Earnshaw
Dean Ashton
Jimmy Bullard

F'uck me , if only the board had listened to you.

:laugh:

well Stu`s signings would come cheaper and would be better than Rafa`s.

This guy ace said right thing. There is no difference between Barry and Bullard. You know that Rafa wanted to spend big money on Barry.

I personally would spend 15 milions on D Duff,good player.
And I don`t want these responses NOT GOOD ENOUGH,cause we have no better option,and he can play down the right wingm,aswell

Enough is enough. No mincing words here. Why don't you fuck off back to whatever team's forum you support. You're NOT an LFC supporter. Do one, you clueless muppet.

well... just answer this question. Would you buy Barry for 20 milions,or Bullard for 5? Mate,please don`t write these stupid insulting post. If I don`t rate Rafa,it doesn`t mean that I will burn your house
Petar

Postby Petar » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:53 am

Fo Dne wrote:
s@int wrote:Bullard is probably on a par with Benayoun ability wise, but would suit Liverpool much more. He delivers a good free kick and is an excellent passer, but doesnt score enough goals for me to think it would be a worthwhile gamble. Played on the right of midfield he would be a good option, but talking of him being better than any of our central midfielders (including Lucas) is imo wrong.

Good player.......just not quite good enough at his age to be a worthwhile transfer, I am hoping for bigger and better next month.

He's a far better player than Bennayoun will ever be. The crowd at Anfield would love him because he's a tryer, has alot of skill, a good touch is an excellent passer and has fantastic awareness of whats around him on the pitch.

There aren't many better in the league and to suggest he's a worse player than Lucas is quite simply wrong. Lucas wouldn't get into any premier league side and improve it. He offers nothing what so ever.

Yes he is better than Benayoun,so am I. But I expect from Rafa better signing for the right side. But Rafa`s solution will be Srna,I am afraid. That`s the Rafa`s way, :D
Petar

Postby Dalglish » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:59 am

5 Pages on Jimmy Bullard , Newkit must be quiet ! :D

Roll on Christmas :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:08 am

Petar wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
s@int wrote:Bullard is probably on a par with Benayoun ability wise, but would suit Liverpool much more. He delivers a good free kick and is an excellent passer, but doesnt score enough goals for me to think it would be a worthwhile gamble. Played on the right of midfield he would be a good option, but talking of him being better than any of our central midfielders (including Lucas) is imo wrong.

Good player.......just not quite good enough at his age to be a worthwhile transfer, I am hoping for bigger and better next month.

He's a far better player than Bennayoun will ever be. The crowd at Anfield would love him because he's a tryer, has alot of skill, a good touch is an excellent passer and has fantastic awareness of whats around him on the pitch.

There aren't many better in the league and to suggest he's a worse player than Lucas is quite simply wrong. Lucas wouldn't get into any premier league side and improve it. He offers nothing what so ever.

Yes he is better than Benayoun,so am I. But I expect from Rafa better signing for the right side. But Rafa`s solution will be Srna,I am afraid. That`s the Rafa`s way, :D

Do you walk about with a shovel strapped to your back?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Petar » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:09 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Petar wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

hahahahaha,it is not funny I want you to think that I think that you`re funny. But you are NOT,and you must be unhappy all your life with that.
Petar

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:41 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Dalglish wrote:

No but played right side of midfield for years before signing for Fulham and mostly played on the right for Wigan in their first season in the premier league where he stood out like a sore thumb for being a good player.

Also, are you suggesting Dirk Kuyt is a winger? He's twice the player Kuyt could ever dream of being and would offer our team a hell of a lot more than he does by playing in that position.

You are Dirk Kuyts gilted lover and I claim my five pounds.

Seriously though, no I am not suggesting Kuyt is a right winger, I am however suggesting we need to buy a quality right sided player and NOT Bullard.

Square pegs and round holes.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:42 am

Petar wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

With you better than Benayoun and Stu better than Murphy I think wwe need to start a NewKit 5 a side team.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:36 am

Petar wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Petar wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

hahahahaha,it is not funny I want you to think that I think that you`re funny. But you are NOT,and you must be unhappy all your life with that.

Aye, something like that. Spot on.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:38 am

Number 9 wrote:He's a very good player but theres plenty as good as him around.
Plus we are not exactly short there...no thanks unless they swap him for Lucas! :D

Lucas has got time on his side to improve unlike bullard  and bullard is a big fish in a small pond . He would not offer anything other than what we have already in our midfield
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:52 am

Petar wrote:well Stu`s signings would come cheaper and would be better than Rafa`s.

How do you know that Fo doe''s name is Stu? You have only been here 5 minutes,  scouse talk from someone in the Balkans   :shifty
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion