Jimmy bullard - 5million would do it!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby xd3vilx » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:29 am

Bullard is a class player...many don't see him as one since he only play for those "lower" division club...look at his goal against Arsenal...no many can score that...another example would be Park Ji Sung...without PSV...now he will be still rotting in Korea League...If we only cares about signing "STAR" player...how different would be like the real madrid...most of them is TOP player however their "team work" is like sh*t...no understanding between each other...it is known that RB is interested in Simao...however he will be sold more expensive than Pre-Season and further more he is cup-tied in CL...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:31 am

banana wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
banana wrote:Stu. You are looking to build a top 10 side. I'm looking for a championship winning side. That's the difference between us. Bullard, Barton and Ashton (and players of similar abilities)could well play in a top 10 side. But to win big throphies you need players like Vieira, Alonso, Shevshenko. That is the quality we are looking for.

I can see that the Bullard lad is a decent footballer. But I also see limitations in his game that will make it impossible for him to take the next step. That is becoming an international player and a player in a top club (barcelona, Inter, Man U, Liverpool, Bayern Munich etc.)

I honestly thought this was a joke. But it seems it ain't, or is it?

See this is my point exactly.

We don't need 11 players with world class ability. What we need is the right ingredients within FOOTBALLERS to have a great team. Bullard is a TEAM player and has ability in all area's of the game. He would improve certain aspects playing with the likes of Alonso and Gerrard.

Teams aren't made of 10 superstars. As for your assessment of Ashton being of similar ability you've got to be joking? The boys quality. He's not a good player, he's a quality player. He's got everything. He is exceptionally good infront of goal and with his link up and hold up play.

Vieira i remember was a "nobody" before Arsenal signed him. Players like Ashton simply need someone to provide the stage and they'll light it up. I'm not saying he's world class, he has however the potential to become class. Class isn't a term i use lightly.

Stu man why bother. Just forget this post. It is stu.pid and probably a result of you going online after having a fair dose of beer.

Good argument there banana. :sleepy: 

At least Stu backs his opinions up with some knowledgeable comments, whereas you just say rubbish like above.

If you're gonna debate with Stu about the quality of Bullard (or any other player for that matter) at least have some justification for your reasons why you think he's not good enough.

All too often people think that because they play for small clubs and aren't getting world player of they year awards then they're not good enough, when the fact is that they DO have the talent to cut it at a big club, it's just a matter of a club taking a slight risk on them. Rafa did it with Crouch and so far it's been largely successful.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:21 pm

john craig wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:[The problem is these days mate no-one knows a player when they see one. They all want pace, or a great passer or a great tackler, or a 6ft centre half or a pacey dribbler.

Its all bollox mate. No-one wants a footballer.

Stu, first of all apologies for only quoting part of your post, pi.sses me off sometimes when what I say gets quoted out of context, but just wanted to pick up on the above point you were making.

I appreciate the points you're making about Bullard, he's a good player from what I've seen but in all honesty I've not seen him play that many times.

The point about no-one wants a footballer is a good one.  But in all honesty Stu, I thionk gone are the days when you can 'just' be a good footballer and make it to the top.  Such is the quality of the premiership these days that players need to have something else about them apart from being a technically good player.  Go through any of the top sides and almost every player will have something that sets them apart from the average premiership player, whether it be great pace, a great dribbler or whatever.

Pace is the big one.  Most of the top premiership players have it, it is becoming increasingly necessary for top players to be good athletes AND good footballers.  Obviously there are exceptions to this, but for the most part it's true.

I understand mate that certain players have great attributes that contribute to a team.

But you misunderstand me when i say a footballer.

A footballer is someone who plays football. IE defender, attacker, midfielder, blah blah. They have attributes in all area's. Thats a footballer. I'm not on about technically gifted players only. When i say a footballer i mean someone who always has time on the ball, sees situations, doesn't dive into stupid tackles, doesn't do stupid things and can create space either by moving or standing still.

If you compare Vassell to Owen. Vassell is quicker, stronger and probably technically similar, yet Owen has an alround game, Vassell doesn't. Theres not much intelligence in his play.

This is the reason teams in the lower league can beat sides in the upper divisions. Its down to football as a whole, not just attributes.

Another example is Alonso. He's not what i'd call athletic, he's a complete player though. As is Sami Hyypia. They are footballers. You look at the likes of Riise, while he's got good attributes, he's not an out an out quality player like Xabi or Sami. Footballers stand out, they have quality. Bullard is quality, you can see it in the little things, he'll give someone an unexpected shove to create half a yard on a throw, he'll stand still when the games moving to wait for space, he'll pick the right pass and move off the player.

Its the little things that make a player, yet the idiotic scouts seem to want Pace more than anything these days. Look at Liverpool's side, with the exception of Gerrard none of them are quick (Not including Sissy) but we do well. Being a player is more important than having a certain attribute.
115-1073096938

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:42 pm

Blackburn's Pederson is quality. He normally plays on the Left though.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:44 pm

That's a good shout imo, Pedersen has been quality ahead of all the other Blackburn players. He scores some crackers as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:57 pm

pedersen is a good player. i say that mainly because he's in my fantasy league team. :oops:

i read in the paper last week that we were interested in wilhelmsson from anderlecht. now he was by far their best player against us and he can also play on either flank. dunno how much he'd cost though. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:59 pm

It wouldn't cost that much to get him, 3 or 4 million maybe, nothing more than that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Hotrod » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:03 pm

he ia a bit old aint he i would rather have van de borre or kompany if were getting anedelect players tbh
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Reina From Spaina » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:13 pm

Jimmy Bullard? Is he related to "wellard" out of Eastenders?
Reina From Spaina

Postby Reina From Spaina » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:16 pm

A.B. wrote:That's a good shout imo, Pedersen has been quality ahead of all the other Blackburn players. He scores some crackers as well.

I scratch my head in disbelief at some of the names being banded about.  ???

Jimmy Bullard, Pederson???

Looks like some fans want the club to start going backwards.
  :D
Reina From Spaina

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:42 pm

Why, because none of them are ''galacticos''. You don't need 11 galacticos in your team to have a good team. Real Madrid have spent millions and millions in the past two years, and they've won nothing. A team full of a galacticos, but not a TEAM.

Just because the likes of Bullard and Pedersen play for clubs such as Blackburn and Wigan doesn't mean that they don't have any ability. Finnan came from Fulham, and he's been solid in the last two seasons *knock on wood*.

Hyypia came from some unknown club in Finnland, and look how he's turned up. Luis Garcia played for Barcelona but how many can honestly say that they knew who he was?

I rest my case.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:07 am

lando says he will shave his arse and walk backwards if rafa buys bullard :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:45 pm

Jimmy Bullard and Chimbonda, 5 million would do it!
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Red squirrel » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:09 pm

Chimbonda is clumsy and gets his defence in trouble all too often. Not sure anyone from Wigan would improve our squad anyway.These all sound like Houllier targets and would you really want to gamble on low cost budget buys again. Top teams buy top players for top money and thats just a fact of life im afraid.
Red squirrel

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:20 pm

Red squirrel wrote:Chimbonda is clumsy and gets his defence in trouble all too often. Not sure anyone from Wigan would improve our squad anyway.These all sound like Houllier targets and would you really want to gamble on low cost budget buys again. Top teams buy top players for top money and thats just a fact of life im afraid.

Agreed, I mean...

Hyypia 3m, Vieira 3.5m, Pires 5m, Finnan 3m, Gallas 6m...

Yeah totally. I mean, all great players always cost money. Players like these never happen. Its all imagination. Not being funny kids, but anyone who doesn't rate Bullard simply can't spot a football player.

People rave about the likes of Fabregas etc when there are lads out there that are twice the player but never had a chance in a good side. At the end of the day, if you can spot a good player when you see one, you'd see how good Bullard is.

Bullard, Pennant and Ashton are amoungst the best in the country at what they do, yet they don't play or top sides...

Reputation, simple as that.

To many idiots in the game these days.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion