Jesus fernandez saez - Our next hero?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:28 pm

this kid is the first real wonderkid that I have seen playing in the reserves.  When Insua made the step up, it was never as if he was a man amongst boys in the reserves, he was just playing really well.  Pacheco is also close to being way to good for the reserves but he is 19 now.

Suso already looks like he is almost too good for the reserves.  Even when the team was getting physically dominated by Luton the other night, Suso was the only player to shine.  And that is with the ref not giving him any calls that he deserved.

One thing also that I noticed in the Luton match was that he is really quick to press the opponents when they have the ball.  This is something you see a lot in Barca and La Roja.  Still don't know how fast he is over long sprints, but he looks very quick over 5-10 yards.

Another weird thing is that I still haven't seen him use his right foot for anything, but like I said earlier, Messi and Robben have seemed to have overcome this problem by just being absolutely spectacular with the left foot.

The only real worry is the physicality of English game, and wether he will get the calls that he deserves.  One time some Luton thug just pushed him over with two hands like he was playing american football and wasn't called for anything, it was ridiculous.

But the vision, skill on the ball, long passes, incisive passes, etc.  are off the charts.

Then we also have little 15 year old Raheem Sterling in the U18s who looks very much like the next Theo Walcott at the very least.  Maybe we can coach up some of his decision making and crossing in the next 4-5 years, I sure hope so, it about the only thing you would need to work on.  Also he is a bit small too.

Thirdly there is Toni Silva, the 16 year old winger from Portugal.  He actually has good size, also has tremendous skill, very pacey, nose/eye for goal, but seems like he can fade in and out of games
JoeTerp

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm

How do you watch all these reserve games Joe?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:17 pm

Joe is the oracle when it comes to our youth team.

Thanks for the info mate, seems really promising.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:12 pm

maguskwt wrote:How do you watch all these reserve games Joe?

on the e-season ticket.

But before I get crucified, I have already canceled it, but since I signed up for a years worth it still works (will be running out soon though)
JoeTerp

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:51 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Then we also have little 15 year old Raheem Sterling in the U18s who looks very much like the next Theo Walcott at the very least.  Maybe we can coach up some of his decision making and crossing in the next 4-5 years, I sure hope so, it about the only thing you would need to work on.  Also he is a bit small too.

Just watched Sterling against Celtic.

We have got a real gem of a player here, he's only 15 and completely took the p!ss out of the celtic left back  :D

Clearly too good to be in the U18's, should be in our reserves
Fauxy

Postby burjennio » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:35 pm

I know its anything but early but this thread has finally given me some hope about our youth system! If this kid is even half as good as Xavi it can mean nothing but good things for LFC. While Im typing this Im watchin Spain U19 d**k all over France. These kids are already playing football from a different dimension and young Pacheco seems to have a hand in everything, things are definitely starting to look up.
burjennio

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:41 pm

What channel is it on?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Eurosport 1 or 2 mate
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:57 pm

eurosport 2 - its half time atm so its showing sports news but it'll be back for the 2nd half
burjennio

Postby burjennio » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:52 pm

just to say that my glowing recommendation of the Spanish U19s was of course a total commentators curse as they have just lost 2-1. France got alot more physical in the 2nd half and the Spanish in all truth wanted none of it, but they should have been out of sight at half time.
burjennio

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:57 pm

burjennio wrote:just to say that my glowing recommendation of the Spanish U19s was of course a total commentators curse as they have just lost 2-1. France got alot more physical in the 2nd half and the Spanish in all truth wanted none of it, but they should have been out of sight at half time.

how did Mavinga look>
JoeTerp

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:00 pm

He looked very strong and imposing and seemed comfortable on the ball
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:11 pm

This final was much better than the final we saw a moth ago :D. I saw some good youngsters throughout the cup and in this final. Forgot some of their names though :).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:55 pm

I thought he was pretty quiet tbh, but France as a unit improved greatly in the 2nd half by pressing alot quicker and throwing in a few strong tackles
burjennio

Postby Tim LFC » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:19 pm

Suso has been called up to the first team :Spanish kid 'suso' trained with the 1st team today and was impressive i hear. Rumour is he'll be in squad to go to germany.

http://twitter.com/theliverpoolway

http://twitter.com/paul_tomkins
Tim LFC

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion