Jermaine pennant...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:52 am

I know he's at one of the best clubs in the world but if this kid had any ambition left, he'd have taken a leaf out of james milner's book and put in a transfer request.

I mean where has he gone ffs? As far as I'm aware he's not injured, so if that's the case, the treatment he's receiving has been a complete disgrace imo. At the moment he can't even get a place on the bench, despite the fact that there's now 7 substitutes in every game. Ok in a 4-2-3-1 he wasn't going to feature because he can't play in that system but now we've gone back to 4-4-2 where he'd be ideal he still doesn't get a look in.

This despite the fact that he's the only natural wide player in the entire squad when we're crying out for width from anywhere. He's also a decent crosser of the ball and is one of the few players we have who will genuinely attempt to take a fullback on. He's the only player I've really seen give Ashley Cole the runaround on more than one occasion.

What's going on? If he's not in the managers plans then why has he not been sold to Blackburn as was originally planned or why has the player said he's "happy to stay" and pick up his wages when he's hardly playing?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:53 am

Said he doesnt want to leave.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:55 am

Completely agree with your post Saint Mick, JP should have been on the pitch in all 3 games this season it beggars belief what's happened to him.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:56 am

he could have been a great player but as he has not been at his best he has been left to rust.

Players need games.

there was talk of a loan deal with Southend.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 am

lakes10 wrote:there was talk of a loan deal with Southend.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:39 am

Those lofted crosses he ALWAYS puts in are neither use nor ornament.

Bad attitude, thinks he is the dogs and in fact he is far from it.

If he was played and played badly the EXACT same people would be questioning Rafa's selection policy - FACT.

El Zhar has done more on the right wing in three games than Pennant has in three years.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:57 am

Hes not playing or on the bench because he has had plenty of chances and failed to play well!
I just hope hes sold before the window closes
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Can put in a lot of crosses but unfortunately they are always a load of sh.it which is a bit useless, not good enough

Haven't seen him aorund for ages so I assume he is on his way out, probably to a mid table team which would suit him I guess, should never have left birmingham, thats what we get for being skint though
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:57 pm

It's not just him either. The wat Finnan appears to have been frozen out is pi$$ poor aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:03 pm

When you look at how many young players were on the bench last night against Standard you get the feeling that moves may be in the offing for Pennant, Finnan and Voronin. In the past few days all three have been strongly linked with transfers before the window closes and their lack of inclusion certainly points to wheels being in motion behind the scenes.

Either that or Rafa has suddenly realised that they are shite (or getting on a bit in Finnan's case) and don't merit inclusion ahead of the youngsters coming through.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Number 9 wrote:Hes not playing or on the bench because he has had plenty of chances and failed to play well!
I just hope hes sold before the window closes

He's still far better than Kuyt.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:El Zhar has done more on the right wing in three games than Pennant has in three years.

Spot On.

He may have more ability than Kuyt but I'd take the dutchman ANY day over Pennant. At least you know Dirk's not going to do anything stupid and WILL at least persevere to the final whistle.

Pennant's a waster.

Time to give El Zhar a go methinks.
ConnO'var

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Why should JP leave with the salary he's on, he'll still be watching the game on the box until the day his contract runs out.

If you're going to pay someone high wages, play them, if not, get them out.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I agree, altho not 100% effective hes far better than kuyt or benayoun as a winger, the game was crying out for a bit of width last night, Babel started cutting inside loads when he had the ball, the cross was the only time I can remember that he stayed out wide and put in a decent cross! El Zhar was good and to be hinest looks to be a little gem of a player I hope he gets more chances against the lesser teams this season, hes a god back in morocco i remember seeing a youtube clip of him made by some moroccan fella!  (Thats not a que to start bashing youtube by the way!!)

Anyways, pennant should have played some part last night, his crosses arent alwasy brilliant but he wud have stretched the play and added a bit more to the game!

I think finnans treatment is terrible as well, he should at least be on the bench, hes been a great servant! The only thing that pleases me that he hasnt been playing is that rafa hasnt been rotating and we've won our last 3 games (ok sh1t performances but we still won and conceded 1 goal)

Anyway, pennant should have played a part!!!  :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:48 pm

Its his hair it grows at an uncontrollable rate they cut it just before games but even then it regrows so fast he can't get on to the pitch with out breaking his neck.

The lad needs medical helps fast.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion