Jermaine pennant - Should rafa let him rot?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:37 am

this thread is about pennant not kuyt (but kuyt has created more , had more assists and scored more than pennant playing from the right )
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:40 am

GYBS wrote:this thread is about pennant not kuyt (but kuyt has created more , had more assists and scored more than pennant playing from the right )

I'm not sure you can suggest that Kuyt is irrelevant to this thread, then make a direct comparison between the two playing in the same sort of position!!
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:41 am

Jimmy the Weasel wrote:
GYBS wrote:this thread is about pennant not kuyt (but kuyt has created more , had more assists and scored more than pennant playing from the right )

I'm not sure you can suggest that Kuyt is irrelevant to this thread, then make a direct comparison between the two playing in the same sort of position!!

:;):  :D

good eh  :;):  :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:49 am

i highly doubt that he created more and had more assists...
surely if u put kuyt down the right in a 4-4-2 and pennant down the right in a 4-4-2 Pennant can create dozens more from crosses and cut backs..etc etc...
kuyt might score more not enough to make him a good player or option in that position... if we play voronin down the right in a 4-4-2 he'd score more and create less too... get the picture ?!

kuyt is an absolute joke in that position whether u agree with me on that or not .. forget about kuyt and pennant for a sec.
just let me get one thing straight.. ur trying to tell me that a player who has:
a) good pace
b) good crossing
c) good dribbling

shouldnt play because kuyt who is A HARD WORKER deserves that spot more ? based on what ? and plz dnt bring stats into it !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 am

yes pennant's scoring rate is truly abysmal but i actually think he would have created a lot more goals for us if we had people in the box who actually attacked the ball or gambled more. i mean half the time pennant was on the pitch (e.g. athens), crouch wasn't in the side so he essentially ahd nobody to aim for in the box.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben1988 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:58 am

Jimmy the Weasel wrote:
Reg wrote:
Jimmy the Weasel wrote:She is effing awesome isn't she?

Pretty yes, but must be as thick as two short planks if she´s with Pennant.

True, but I wanna boff her, not get her view on the drop in the Japanese export market!

:wwww
Ben1988

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:59 am

aCe' wrote:

i highly doubt that he created more and had more assists...
surely if u put kuyt down the right in a 4-4-2 and pennant down the right in a 4-4-2 Pennant can create dozens more from crosses and cut backs..etc etc...
kuyt might score more not enough to make him a good player or option in that position... if we play voronin down the right in a 4-4-2 he'd score more and create less too... get the picture ?!

kuyt is an absolute joke in that position whether u agree with me on that or not .. forget about kuyt and pennant for a sec.
just let me get one thing straight.. ur trying to tell me that a player who has:
a) good pace
b) good crossing
c) good dribbling

shouldnt play because kuyt who is A HARD WORKER deserves that spot more ? based on what ? and plz dnt bring stats into it !

Its all well and good having good pace and dribbling and crossin , but no point if you dont do it on a consistent enough basis of which is what pennant never was . speedy had great pace could cross and dribble but never did it when it matter. Lost count the amount of times i have seen pennant under hit or over hit a cross missing anyone who is in the box .

Think someone posted it - pennant had 6-8 assists where as kuyt had 10 -13 .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:03 pm

stmichael wrote:yes pennant's scoring rate is truly abysmal but i actually think he would have created a lot more goals for us if we had people in the box who actually attacked the ball or gambled more. i mean half the time pennant was on the pitch (e.g. athens), crouch wasn't in the side so he essentially ahd nobody to aim for in the box.

forget about back when we had crouch..
starting tomorrow..if rafa decides to play kuyt for a week and then pennant the next week.. come the end of the season Pennant would have created a whole lot more than kuyt !

Iv liked pennant for quite some time now ever since he was at the arsenal academy.. always thought hed become a very good footballer... still remember when people where wondering how he was left out of the england squad not so long ago when he was putting in some great displays in a liverpool jersey... injured, dropped... and now all of a sudden hes lost it ? sorry but i aint buying that ! dont know if uv watched the crewe game or not but he was Man of the match by a mile.. even connected very very well with torres after torres came on and torres could have scored 3 or 4 clear chances from pennant passes...
im not saying hes a great winger or anything im just saying compared to kuyt.. he probably is .. hes our best option down the right if we dont decide to play gerrard there !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:14 pm

I've never rated Pennant. When Rafa had to go into the bargain bin when Simao fell through, I thought Milner would have been a much better option as a stop gap, until someone of Simaos quality became available. Thank the good lord Rafa doesnt need a right sider now, as Kuyt has made that position his own, creating plenty of assists and scoring goals against Arsenal, Inter and even Milan a while back. MVB and Rafa love him so he is therefore the dogs danglies. I also believe he scored about 70 goals in 100 games in Holland and scored as many as Berbatov in his first season......(I could go on)
Yooj Bigullz

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:21 pm

Yooj Bigullz wrote:I've never rated Pennant. When Rafa had to go into the bargain bin when Simao fell through, I thought Milner would have been a much better option as a stop gap, until someone of Simaos quality became available. Thank the good lord Rafa doesnt need a right sider now, as Kuyt has made that position his own, creating plenty of assists and scoring goals against Arsenal, Inter and even Milan a while back. MVB and Rafa love him so he is therefore the dogs danglies. I also believe he scored about 70 goals in 100 games in Holland and scored as many as Berbatov in his first season......(I could go on)

:oh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Yooj Bigullz wrote:I've never rated Pennant. When Rafa had to go into the bargain bin when Simao fell through, I thought Milner would have been a much better option as a stop gap, until someone of Simaos quality became available.

I presume that would be the James Milner who can't get in the Aston Villa side?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:40 pm

Gotta agree think Milner is better than pennant and would of preferred we did get milner instead of pennant . At the moment in prem think young would be a good shout for right side
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:42 pm

stmichael wrote:
Yooj Bigullz wrote:I've never rated Pennant. When Rafa had to go into the bargain bin when Simao fell through, I thought Milner would have been a much better option as a stop gap, until someone of Simaos quality became available.

I presume that would be the James Milner who can't get in the Aston Villa side?

The very same. At the time I thought he would be a better and much cheaper option then JP (who now cant get into the Liverpool side ahead of Kuyt). I stand by that.
Yooj Bigullz

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:42 pm

GYBS wrote:Gotta agree think Milner is better than pennant and would of preferred we did get milner instead of pennant . At the moment in prem think young would be a good shout for right side

what about kuyt ? :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:43 pm

aCe' wrote:
GYBS wrote:Gotta agree think Milner is better than pennant and would of preferred we did get milner instead of pennant . At the moment in prem think young would be a good shout for right side

what about kuyt ? :D

your like a broken record lad - give it up your getting boring now  :sleep
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion