Jermaine pennant - off to valencia on a bosman

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:13 pm

stmichael wrote:Whether you like him or not, Pennant would create more in half an hour than Kuyt and Benayoun combined in 90 minutes.

He'd also let the opposing full back/winger run by him without tracking more times in half an hour than either Kuyt or Benayoun would in an entire season.  He's lazy, it's why Benitez doesn't trust him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:08 pm

john craig wrote:
stmichael wrote:Whether you like him or not, Pennant would create more in half an hour than Kuyt and Benayoun combined in 90 minutes.

He'd also let the opposing full back/winger run by him without tracking more times in half an hour than either Kuyt or Benayoun would in an entire season.  He's lazy, it's why Benitez doesn't trust him.

Not sure even that would be much!! Glad to see the best of him!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Sometimes this season the club has ressembled the monster raving loony party.

What a waste, i honestly despair but i will just keep it to myself.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:23 pm

devaney wrote:
john craig wrote:

Not sure even that would be much!! Glad to see the best of him!!

Devaney.....don't start! :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:19 pm

john craig wrote:

where is that coming from ?
Cant remember him doing bad at all when tracking back.. matter of fact id say he does more in terms of pressing fullbacks and tracking back with wingers than Benny and even Riera... he presses at the right times in the right areas which is pretty effective in my books... hes far from lazy on the pitch atleast.. does the tracking back part llike most wingers do and the only criticism brought up here that id agree with is that sometimes he puts way too many crosses in when we dont have enough bodies high up to attack them... still hes created plenty when played and out and out wingers arent expected to score many like some seem to think...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:31 pm

I have to agree with Ace here, I think pennant on the right is better than Kuyt or Benni there, well Benni showed some good form in past games though.

I agree that we don't have anyone who can attack his crosses, as Pennant's main strength is the ability to cross a ball into the box.

He should have given a chance this season, although he has a cocky and shitty attitude.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:33 pm

I seem to remember him not tracking back and not getting to the by line. Loosing the ball too often and not getting the ball into the box with enough quality when he did have it. He frustrated me because in glimpses he looked good, but generally looked kack all in all he didnt wana play for the club enough.

If he had the quality he would have played, if he he did have the quality but didnt get played then IMO it is his own fault for not trying hard enough to prove his quality. But more than likely, he wasn't good enough and didnt try hard enough.

I agree we are poor down the right I also do not like Benayoun and Kuyt isnt the type of player I want playing in our system, but I still think he is better off away from anfield, well melwood, didnt get to go to anfield much did he :D

Who we should play, ehat system we should play, who we should buy for the right handside are different topics. For me the lad didnt do enough when he had the chance.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:05 am

guys, im reading all these comments and its making me think what really fickle fans we have,

pennant alwats did a good job, he created crosses, chances, played good balls, played attacking football......what more can you ask for from a winger.....?

Kuyt/Benyaoun instead of JP??? Kuyt chases shaddows all game.....benyaoun is just not liverpool standard at all..he cannot cross, header, shoot.....just dribble and fake shots......and play for corners.

honestly though......give me an example of when pennant had a bad game for us....i certainly cant remember one.
Raj_Xedos

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:07 am

Bye then Mr waste of talent , thanks for the mem  errr maybe not.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:11 am

Raj_Xedos wrote:guys, im reading all these comments and its making me think what really fickle fans we have,

pennant alwats did a good job, he created crosses, chances, played good balls, played attacking football......what more can you ask for from a winger.....?

Kuyt/Benyaoun instead of JP??? Kuyt chases shaddows all game.....benyaoun is just not liverpool standard at all..he cannot cross, header, shoot.....just dribble and fake shots......and play for corners.

honestly though......give me an example of when pennant had a bad game for us....i certainly cant remember one.

tell me a game that you remember him playing above average in? other than when he scored against chelski. In fact he didnt play well in that game  realy, that was his best period but he slowly got worse. He looked out of his deoth IMO.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:15 am

He is an imposter and the sooner he goes the better
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:29 am

aCe' wrote:
john craig wrote:

Do you watch any Liverpool games?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:17 am

john craig wrote:
aCe' wrote:
john craig wrote:

Do you watch any Liverpool games?

no i dont... im an everton supporter why would i watch liverpool games ?!

anyways case closed he's off to prtsmouth

Portsmouth sign Pennant on loan 

Portsmouth have signed Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant on loan until the end of the season.

The 26-year-old has played only four times for the Reds this season and had been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

"I've known him for a long time - we were together at Arsenal a long, long time ago," Portsmouth boss Tony Adams told the club website.

"He was a very exciting prospect. He's quick and very technically gifted and he can have a go at defenders."

Pennant began his career with Notts County and made headlines when Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger paid £2m for him as a 15-year-old in 1999.

But he failed to live up to expectations at the Gunners, and was loaned out to Watford, Leeds and Birmingham before joining the Blues on a permanent deal in 2005.

He moved to Liverpool in 2006, and has made 81 appearances for the club since joining them for a fee of £6.7m.

His appearances for the Reds this season have been severely limited, but he insisted last week that he wanted to stay at Anfield.

"My preference is to stay at Liverpool and I am still hoping to do so. I do not want to leave," Pennant said.

"I am happy to compete for my place here and hope that I am given the chance to do so."

But now he has made the switch, Adams is looking forward to reuniting Pennant with a former Liverpool team-mate to good effect.

"I saw him play with Peter Crouch for Liverpool at Fulham last year and he was constantly getting past their left-back and getting crosses in for Crouchie," he added.
Last edited by aCe' on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:19 am

Well better off for him and us i guess. Penny off on loan and but the end i think it will be a perm deal
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:03 am

Pennant is the best right winger we have at this club (apart from gerrard)...

We get rid of him...persist with benayoun and kuyt down the right.....and then ppl wonder why we fail to break down teams .......

Simply awesome.... (***sarcastic smiley***)
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion