Jermain defoe - Is he really good enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 12, 2006 4:24 pm

PCG77 wrote:we could do worse than defoe

Only if we signed the author of "Robinson Crusoe" Daniel Defoe , 'cause he's dead already .    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Fri May 12, 2006 4:28 pm

If Defoe gets the right move he'll blossom, as he is one of the most talented forwards around.

He needs his nose pointed in the right direction and I think that a manager like Benitez or Ferguson would help him realise his potential.

He has exceptional ability.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby PCG77 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:29 pm

we could resign Heskey.. Great move that would be? ??? He might score twice for the season..
PCG77

Postby ToTinho » Fri May 12, 2006 4:42 pm

no .. there is many available strikers much better than him
ToTinho

Postby Crouchamania » Fri May 12, 2006 5:10 pm

I doubt Spurs will want to do business with us after Rafa's comments
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri May 12, 2006 5:10 pm

JBG wrote:If Defoe gets the right move he'll blossom, as he is one of the most talented forwards around.

He needs his nose pointed in the right direction and I think that a manager like Benitez or Ferguson would help him realise his potential.

He has exceptional ability.

Totally agree with that, players go stale at clubs when things havent gone there way.
He will be devastated to miss the world cup and if he went to either united or ourselves i think he would be near the top of the scoring charts.
His bad run and the fact that he has not been selected for the England squad could devalue him and we may get him cheaper than it would of cost in January.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri May 12, 2006 5:57 pm

out of defoe and andy johnson.. id go for johnson. why?
he does far less face pulling and whining than defoe seems to do. alongside being imo a better player at finding positions in the box, not just finishing, at which they both are efficient.

johnson would edge it for me based soley on attitude. lets face it weve got one or two of them already..

i think the service our midfield provides could make either a much better player though.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Graeme Noble » Fri May 12, 2006 6:10 pm

xd3vilx wrote:peter crouch is better than him... :;): he is good only in Football Manager however not in this real world...cisse is better than him for sure...

Agreed.
Graeme Noble

Postby bigmick » Fri May 12, 2006 6:18 pm

red37 wrote:out of defoe and andy johnson.. id go for johnson.

I've seen Johnson a couple of times this season Red and IMHO he's stood still also. Despite his injury, he's played enough games in the Championship to have made a bigger impression than he has this season and the overriding feeling is that it's probably time to take the money.
One player at Palace who may be a tip to move on and better himself given he opportunity is probably Emerson Boyce the right-back. Johnson though has flatterd to decieve on occasions this season. In the recent play-off clashes he paled in comparison with the watford lad Marlon King who will definately trouble a Premiership defender or two before long. Whether or not it's with watford though is another thing.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:23 pm

i hear you mick.. could it not be a case though of johnson not being hungry enough anymore, in realising he should probably already be at the top table (understandably).  possibly the time for andy johnson to make the step up was 12 months ago....in that respect he more than likely has stood still.

but i think that fire would return though, at the right club.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion