Jekyll & hyde

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Crouch is bit part player starting next season he can have his good days (Arsenal) But a lot of his games can be preditable and boreing. Against the big teams he seems to have litle joy. Especially in the first half of the season if we can get 12mil for him then we should defo sell and get some one with class in.
grayghost

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:42 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:Litmanen, Heskey, Fowler and Owen for me was the perfect mix of strikers. All "different" and all quality (at the time).

Agree on Owen, Fowler had his difficulties at the time, Heskey was never class and Litmannen was long past his best when he was at Liverpool.  :kungfu:

Agree with you 100% Spud on Saha though.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:45 pm

JBG wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Litmanen, Heskey, Fowler and Owen for me was the perfect mix of strikers. All "different" and all quality (at the time).

Agree on Owen, Fowler had his difficulties at the time, Heskey was never class and Litmannen was long past his best when he was at Liverpool.  :kungfu:

Agree with you 100% Spud on Saha though.  :D

Litmanen's intelligence, passing, vision, touch and weight of pass stood out like a sore thumb when he played. Simply sitting there IN THE STADIUM you could see how good he was everytime the ball went to him. Class act.

As for Heskey, if anyone even suggests he wasn't one of the first names in the team sheet in the treble season they really do need their head testing. It was only the last month of the season he went off the boil. He had an excellent season.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:53 pm

i was having an eye on Heskey yesterday. Not a worldbeating performance thats for sure. But when you watch his movements/holding off/touch etc.. you can see exactly why Ged brought him in (in relation to the system/personnel here at the time).

As for Jari..

3-5 years earlier in his pomp and im certain he'd have set this league alight. Shamefully (criminally) underused for me and exactly the type of player (along with an Owen eg) that Liverpool could make use of now.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:02 pm

red37 wrote:3-5 years earlier in his pomp and im certain he'd have set this league alight.

That's the crucial point. Litmannen is one of my favourite players from the 90s but I still maintain that he was past it by the time he got to Liverpool.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:28 pm

JBG wrote:
red37 wrote:3-5 years earlier in his pomp and im certain he'd have set this league alight.

That's the crucial point. Litmannen is one of my favourite players from the 90s but I still maintain that he was past it by the time he got to Liverpool.

Am not saying he wasn't. But in comparrison to what we have now I'd say he's better than all of our strikers.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:31 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
JBG wrote:

Am not saying he wasn't. But in comparrison to what we have now I'd say he's better than all of our strikers.

Fair enough.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:38 pm

JBG wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:
JBG wrote:

Fair enough.

You agree or are scared of the response because I'll say "ability"? :D :blush:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:41 pm

:D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:43 pm

:laugh: Thought so...
Stu.Murph