Stu said all that earlier Sabre Annan!

His posting ratio is akin a machine gun. Cannot remember all he says!  :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Barry, control, passing shooting... blah blah blah...

It doesn't change when you move a league. You're either good enough, or you aren't. End of.

Bullshi't Stuart!

Villa HAS NOT been tested enough to ignorantly pressume he will be a success in England........It will take him at least a season to deal with the culture shock,hard defenders and more physical type of game!

Signing him will be a mistake!

We need a striker that could/can play in england from the off!

Can you think of anyone..(not Aston)
:idea

So because he hasn't been "tested" over here he can only conrtol and pass in Spain...

So does that mean If I move to spain, I forget how to control a football and pass it to someone? :D

:laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:28 am

It doesn't change when you move a league. You're either good enough, or you aren't. End of.

While i believe Villa has all the attriubutes to be a success in the EPL i do think you underplay/underestimate the impact of coming to a new league Stu. I watched a couple of Ligue one games when i was in France last week and the difference in energy, pace, physicality and mindset of the players/teams compared to english football comes as a shock every time i watch it. Even the fans seemed half-asleep. It was like watching a pre-season game. The transition to a new league can be reletively seamless for some players but we have seen so many foreign players who starred in their own domestic leagues only to fail miserably (both physically and mentally) when they get to England.

You're either good enough or you aren't? I think we all agree Ian Rush was good enough. The mans a living legend, damn right he was good enough. Scored something like 4 goals when he went out to Juventus. Would he have cracked it if he had stayed out there another 3 seasons? i don't buy in to the idea he wasn't good enough to succeed out there but maybe he wasn't cut out for Italian Football, the slow pace of play and the tight marking in the same way that some foreign aren't cut out for the frantic pace and physical nature of English football.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:31 am

Sabre wrote:All that is true, but he's one of those strikers obsessed with the goal, when he gets the ball he knows what to do with it, he'll go straight to the goal, unlike pseudo strikers like Baros who will go to a wing because they do not what to do.

Forgot to mention that, you're right, he looks like a very direct player to me. Kinda like the way Andy Johnson is a very direct player although that's where the comparison ends before anyone jumps on me!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:35 am

Ive seen Ricky Villa a few times -he might do a good job, although he wouldnt have the pace of our own David Bellamy. :D

Would Villa adapt? i would certainly think so at that money! I avent seen a lot of him ,but from what I have heard from the experts-hes the man.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:35 am

Scottbot wrote:

While i believe Villa has all the attriubutes to be a success in the EPL i do think you underplay/underestimate the impact of coming to a new league Stu. I watched a couple of Ligue one games when i was in France last week and the difference in energy, pace, physicality and mindset of the players/teams compared to english football comes as a shock every time i watch it. Even the fans seemed half-asleep. It was like watching a pre-season game. The transition to a new league can be reletively seamless for some players but we have seen so many foreign players who starred in their own domestic leagues only to fail miserably (both physically and mentally) when they get to England.

You're either good enough or you aren't? I think we all agree Ian Rush was good enough. The mans a living legend, damn right he was good enough. Scored something like 4 goals when he went out to Juventus. Would he have cracked it if he had stayed out there another 3 seasons? i don't buy in to the idea he wasn't good enough to succeed out there but maybe he wasn't cut out for Italian Football, the slow pace of play and the tight marking in the same way that some foreign aren't cut out for the frantic pace and physical nature of English football.

Or maybe Juventus simply didn't play him to his strengths.

I will never for a second accept these arguements. Especially when people are telling me the likes of English teams aren't as good defensively as foreign counter parts then I see United put 7 past Roma and Chelsea go to Valencia and score twice.

I'm sick of hearing they can't handle this and that rubbish. At the end of the day, if you're good enough, you're good enough. Simple as that. Alonso certainly isn't strong Phyiscally... so how does he make it? The mentallity has to be right, but its the same everywhere otherwise in europe english teams would go out, play "english" and just :censored: teams because foreigners couldn't handle the pace and power of the "premiership".
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:42 am

What have LFC had from Spain that they cannot get in England....NOTHING!

Sabre can you actually as a mod stay out of a discussion?You're starting to do my head in mate your in the middle of every chat!PI.SS OFF ya wee stalker! :laugh:

Just cause your a mod it dont mean your opinion is respected..although i do i feel at times you chat for effect..or popularity! :D
66-1120597113

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:47 am

Stu.Murph wrote:if you're good enough, you're good enough. Simple as that. Alonso certainly isn't strong Phyiscally... so how does he make it? The mentallity has to be right

That's right, the mentality does have to be right. But then isn't the mental side of things just as bigger part of being good enough as the physical side? So much goes with that. Coming to a new country, new environment, different climate, different culture, different food, language barrier, new teamates, price tag. All sorts of stuff to deal with before even kicking a ball. Do some foreign players get to England and then struggle (mentally) with the fact they get kicked a lot in the epl? For me it isn't always quite as simple as 'if you're good enough, you're good enough'.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:47 am

BarryBelfast wrote:What have LFC had from Spain that they cannot get in England....NOTHING!

Sabre can you actually as a mod stay out of a discussion?You're starting to do my head in mate your in the middle of every chat!PI.SS OFF ya wee stalker! :laugh:

Just cause your a mod it dont mean your opinion is respected..although i do i feel at times you chat for effect..or popularity! :D

He's just offering his opinion Barry, nothing wrong with that. In fact as a mod he's doing well to find the time to keep his good footy posts up.

As for the first bit: Tell me an English player who's as good as Xabi at what he does? If Xabi was English, England would be knocking on the door at every major tournamant.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:49 am

Work in morning! :D

Night ya'll ...My thought is Defoe!Tried tested..tough enough...TOUGH ENOUGH! Can take tackle! :D
66-1120597113

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:49 am

Forwards anyone? :D
66-1120597113

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:51 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Work in morning! :D

Night ya'll ...My thought is Defoe!Tried tested..tough enough...TOUGH ENOUGH! Can take tackle! :D

Oh dear Baz.

Don't give up the day job  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:52 am

As for the first bit: Tell me an English player who's as good as Xabi at what he does? If Xabi was English, England would be knocking on the door at every major tournamant.

Tell me a Spanish player who is as good as Gerrard at what he does ?

WHats the point in this ?

I dont think thats quite true, England are in need of a Left midfielder (have been for years) also a right midfielder, so that Gerrard can occupy the central area. With a player like Xabi Alonso, defensively England dont have the problems its attacking and width wise.

Enough of England though back to the Pool.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby RedBlood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:52 am

lol net beef i love it :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:57 am

What have LFC had from Spain that they cannot get in England....NOTHING!

Sabre can you actually as a mod stay out of a discussion?You're starting to do my head in mate your in the middle of every chat!PI.SS OFF ya wee stalker!

Just cause your a mod it dont mean your opinion is respected..although i do i feel at times you chat for effect..or popularity!

Yeh, I can stay out of a discussion when it suits me well, not at your will!

And the topic we were talking of now is Villa, who I've seen much more playing than you have! yet I didn't tell you to shut up!

Stick to footie, Barry! :p
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion