Jekyll & hyde

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:35 pm

dawson99 wrote:Its not about ability.

Got to be one of the most stupid statemenets I've ever read in my entire life. Of course it about ability. Why do you think the sides with the best players always finish at the top end of the league and the ones with the worst players finsih at the bottom.

What a stupid comment that is. :no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Spewart shhhh. So if Seville win la liga they are better than barcalona? No. then shut it. We have the team, anyone who says we dont isnt a fan. On uor day we can beat anyone, fact.

Now spewart, listen up, a brief lesson for you.

Chelsea this season have played
a: better football than us
b: the same
c: worse, a pile of :censored: in football terms.

But they have belief, and they graft. And they get the points. We have dropped too many silly points not based on ability but on lack of graft and belief. Thats my view. If you disagree, f.uck off and join a manure forum as you are boring me now with your verbal diorrhea spewart.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:45 pm

dawson99 wrote:Spewart shhhh. So if Seville win la liga they are better than barcalona? No. then shut it. We have the team, anyone who says we dont isnt a fan. On uor day we can beat anyone, fact.

But they have belief, and they graft. And they get the points. We have dropped too many silly points not based on ability but on lack of graft and belief. Thats my view. If you disagree, f.uck off and join a manure forum as you are boring me now with your verbal diorrhea spewart.

Dawson, stick to general chat lad. You don't have a clue about football and your attempted insults are quite pathetic... and yes... you guessed it... boring. :sleep
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:46 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Spewart shhhh. So if Seville win la liga they are better than barcalona? No. then shut it. We have the team, anyone who says we dont isnt a fan. On uor day we can beat anyone, fact.

Dawson, stick to general chat lad. You don't have a clue about football and your attempted insults are quite pathetic... and yes... you guessed it... boring. :sleep

sorry to not agree with you spewart. i like the way you argue your point the most, very clever
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:59 pm

Infact, I will do you the courtesy of a reply. Firstly Rafa won the league in Spain twice, over here he hasn't won it so don't even use that league as a comparrison to the premiership. Over there the standard of defending is very average in comparrison to over here.

Secondly, you're right I'm not a "fan". I'm a supporter. A realistic one at that. Not some southern jumped up self proclaimed funny man who's never been to a game in his life. Not only am I a supporter, but I've played, coached and developed an understanding of the game.

Out of our team theres only Gerrard, Alonso and Arguabley Carragher (In Chelsea's) or Reina (in Uniteds) who would get into the top two sides and that is clearly the reason why we are where we are in the league table.

Of course we can beat anyone on our day, the thing is the players aren't good enough to play at 60% and win games. Both United and Chelsea are and that is why they turn teams over, thats why they go to anfield and score a last minute goal after being out played and thats why they are the top two sides.

And don't give me this :censored: about we should be at 100% every game. No matter how good you are, thats just not possible.

You then go on to mention Chelsea, with Joe Cole, Robben, Schevchenko, Drogba, Wright-Phillips on the bench, Ballack Ashley Cole.... saying have they played better than us?

Now you assume they've played less pretty football than us... firstly I'd say have you watched them all season? No you haven't. Have you seen every Liverpool game this season? No probably not, have you seen either side live this season? I doubt it... so what exactly do you base your opinion on? Also what about Arsenal? We've been awful this season, yet Arsenal (in footballing terms) have played some great stuff at times... so again, what would be your point?

You're view "mate", has just been ripped to shreds in a post that took 2 minutes to write. Try again!
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:03 pm

Spewart, no it wasnt, you live your life based on old news. Ballack has been awful this season, he ahs not added a thing to the team, in fact the chelsea supporters boo when he stays on the pitch.

And i did not compare our league to spains, if you learnt to read instead of w@nking at your own reflection ud notice this. I said that the best teams do not always win.

You have no faith in our team, thats obvious, so you go back to "i watch more games than you" which is just pretty sad.

Finnan wouldnt get into the top 2 sides? Alonso? Masherano? You are telling me that Kalou is better than kuyt or crouch? Carrick is better than any of our midfield?

Get your finger out of your @ss, grow up, and learn that sometimes your opinions are wrong.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:08 pm

Secondly, you're right I'm not a "fan". I'm a supporter. A realistic one at that. Not some southern jumped up self proclaimed funny man who's never been to a game in his life. Not only am I a supporter, but I've played, coached and developed an understanding of the game.

And he's only 23 years old! :D

Come on Stu, and everybody, let's share opinions on football, not opinions on posters. If we stick to the former, we can achieve great threads, if we start giving opinions on posters, then fights start.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:09 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:Over there the standard of defending is very average in comparrison to over here.

Where does this myth come from?

Out of the top three leagues defending in England is a distant third to Spain and Italy. This has been borne out time and again over the past 15 years by the performance of English sides in Europe.

As you yourself are want to say, Stu, end of.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Sabre wrote:

And he's only 23 years old! :D

Come on Stu, and everybody, let's share opinions on football, not opinions on posters. If we stick to the former, we can achieve great threads, if we start giving opinions on posters, then fights start.

self proclaimed funny man? southerner who doesnt go to matches?

justbecause youve coached some retard camp one summer doesnt make you a manager, it makes u a pr!ck.

stu, no offence, but u r a kunt. u should be banned for being a kunt. u will always be a kunt. no one likes you. so fukk off.

there, case closed.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:11 pm

Out of the top three leagues defending in England is a distant third to Spain and Italy. This has been borne out time and again over the past 15 years by the performance of English sides in Europe.

I still don't know why a team that comes from a defensively poor league, can get out from shitford bridge with a 1-1. The Spanish and English leagues are more similar than many think. THere are differences in reffereeing and some tactics, but a good team of any of the leagues would be a good team in the other.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:15 pm

Defending in England has improved in the past couple of years - admittedly - but Stu's comment made me choke on my cornflakes. If Stu really thinks defending in England is better than in Spain the he doesn't watch much Spanish football nor has he being paying much attention to the performance of English clubs and the English national side on the continent over the past 15 years. Liverpool and Chelsea currently defend very well but if you look down through the results of the lesser English sides in Europe and the goals they gave away in the UEFA cup vis a vis La Liga sides you'll find that there is no comparison at all.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Having said that JBG, which I agree, I think that RIGHT NOW, Liverpool's defence, and I'm not talking about the back 4 but all the team, is the best of the two leagues. Only Sevilla at their best are capable of defending that way.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:26 pm

Yes, but Stu's comment was directed against the quality of the defending of La Liga against that of the Premiership as a whole. Some of the worst defending I've ever seen I've seen at Premiership games and whatever the strengths of the Premiership, defending isn't one of them.

Barcelona and Madrid may have caught the eye in Europe over the years through stellar attacking football papering over the cracks of less than sturdy defending, but overall defending in La Liga is still better than in the Premiership (although at this stage there's little between them). Look at the performance of English clubs in the UEFA cup over the past 5 or 6 years and you'll see that most of them shipped goals left right and centre.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Smeg » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:33 pm

Think stu might of been comparing the domestic game in spain verses the english one at defending, not the two actually meeting each other in europe, then youd have to take into account the difference in the teams at attacking. meh, time for a pint; all this reading is tiresome on good ol me :D
Smeg

Postby Sabre » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:35 pm

Yup. Also we tend to speak of "Spanish football" and "English football" as something static, something that doesn't change, very cliche.

The idea that many have about Spanish football is the Spanish football of the mid eighties. Players not running, two strikers  up front, mild pressure, short passes, and soft tackling. Those were teams with 8 Spaniards, and 3 foreigners. With this limitation it was easy for the youth system based teams like Sporting Gijon, Real Sociedad and Athletic BIlbao, to go to the UEFA and even fighting for the title.

Right now a team named Recreativo comes with, 4 tough Argentinians, Sinama Pongolle from Liverpool, 2 tough brazilians, and 2 Spaniards that come on loan from a bigger club. They sit deep in their side of the pitch and they wait you, and then try to fúck you in the counterattack. Osasuna did this very well in the UEFA cup the other day against Bayern  Leverkusen. 0-3 and everybody to their homes.

Spanish football has evolved to a more defensive game in the last decade. 2 strikers are not a normal thing to see anymore. English football hasn't been static neither, IMHO, but you're much more capable than me of doing that analysis.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion