JAY SPEARING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
D___C wrote:Spearing is a minor issue (he will be wearing a Sheffield Wednesday shirt soon enough)... the rest is the crux of the matter, hence i backed up my comment in response to the baseless one.

AGAIN.  address your initial statement re "QPR waltzing through our midfield" because of Spearing.

If you can't, just hold your hands up and say so, so we can put it down to knee-jerk.

It was Carrolls fault and KK should be sacked.
(just agree with her and she might shut up?)
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 pm

He was one of our better players yesterday
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:28 pm

i listened to the game on radio merseyside so i cant really comment on individual performances but there are always a few players in the team that carry the can for a bad result because they are easy targets, i saw the goals on the news and it just looked like our defence fell to pieces at the end.
is spearing to blame because enrique took an air shot at the ball or skrtel let cisse in?
carroll was on the pitch 9 minutes and he was getting blamed too, ridiculous.
i like spearing, he`s a good squad player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:03 pm

he wasnt the worst player on the pitch yesterday but isnt good enough for liverpool.
players like him who sometimes do a good job is the reason why we are in this mess.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:16 am

he's an average player who's predictable and one dimensional...so he's perfect for us at present.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:18 pm

i`d like to thank jay for his performance today, him and suarez, they didnt play great, not everything they tried came off, they even gave the ball away cheaply at times but the most important thing was that they didnt throw the towel in mentally.
steven gerrard is the best player i`ve seen at this club in over forty years but he walked around the pitch today like he walked around old trafford that day when suarez didnt shake evra`s hand. he seemed to have the attitude of `meh, it wont be me getting criticised the new signings and the manager will take all the $h1t`
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Jay Spearing cannot be faulted for wearing his heart on sleeve, he plays with a passion for the game and the club, but ultimately he's not good enough.
Boxscarf

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:05 pm

unfortunately he is only a terrier when we really need a bulldog.
great lad who gives it all but he is far short in terms of technical ability and he will never rise to the standard thats required so for that reason sell him now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:05 pm wrote:unfortunately he is only a terrier when we really need a bulldog.
great lad who gives it all but he is far short in terms of technical ability and he will never rise to the standard thats required so for that reason sell him now.

Young Jay is a likeable enough lad ,but he lacks the intelligence and positional sense needed to hold our midfield together,I believe Jay's game is better
suited when he is not constantly put under persistent  pressure by Gerrard's worrying trend for not "getting stuck in ".
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:05 pm wrote:unfortunately he is only a terrier when we really need a bulldog.

Young Jay is a likeable enough lad ,but he lacks the intelligence and positional sense needed to hold our midfield together,I believe Jay's game is better
suited when he is not constantly put under persistent  pressure by Gerrard's worrying trend for not "getting stuck in ".

he is a likeable lad rbg but that isnt enough anymore.he will never command a midfield even at a club like wolves.he is what you see and thats heart on the sleeve but unfortunately not the ability to match.
maybe gerrard still isnt 100% either and is afraid to launch himself into tackles for fear of getting injured again.he isnt finished by any means but he is at the stage of his carreer that he needs better players around him in order to be as effective as he can for us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:58 pm

@Red till I die !! Quote

he is a likeable lad rbg but that isnt enough anymore.he will never command a midfield even at a club like wolves.he is what you see and thats heart on the sleeve but unfortunately not the ability to match.
maybe gerrard still isnt 100% either and is afraid to launch himself into tackles for fear of getting injured again.he isnt finished by any means but he is at the stage of his carreer that he needs better players around him in order to be as effective as he can for us.

I think with Gerrard mate the problem is far more serious ,he is just not commanding in midfield any longer .I mean if someone had told me that Adam's
tackling would be missed more than Gerrards 6 games ago I would have laughed in their face ,especially given some of Charlie's  woeful performances.

Jay Spearing isn't good enough for the reds ,and never should have been thought of as such ,but the fact that other players have allowed him to become
integral to our team really is the saddest indictment I can give .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Jay Spearing's workrate, his attitude and his passion for a battle are qualities that every Liverpool footballer should possess, they should show these qualities everytime they represent the club on the pitch, but unfortunately for Jay, footballers also need to be able to do the basics and play football to a high standard, consistently. Jay for me is someone who like Sissoko will punch his way through walls for you and come out fighting on the otherside, but what lets them down is their lack of footballing ability. Spearing like Sissoko is a fantastic at breaking down the opposition in midfield, he'll go into a 50/50 more than prepared to come out worse off then his counterpart, but only if he could pass the ball and generally distribute the ball with a higher level of accuracy then they'd be perfect in midfield. He's be good enough to cement a regular first team starting slot in our side. Unfortunately if you haven't learned how to distribute the ball effectively and with potency by the age of 23/24 then you're probably never going to do so.

Jay will make a fantastic squad player, but if he doesn't want to be a bit-part player (which is understandable) then perhaps his future lies away at a smaller club like Wigan or Wolves.
Boxscarf

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:37 pm wrote:Jay Spearing's workrate, his attitude and his passion for a battle are qualities that every Liverpool footballer should possess, they should show these qualities everytime they represent the club on the pitch, but unfortunately for Jay, footballers also need to be able to do the basics and play football to a high standard, consistently. Jay for me is someone who like Sissoko will punch his way through walls for you and come out fighting on the otherside, but what lets them down is their lack of footballing ability. Spearing like Sissoko is a fantastic at breaking down the opposition in midfield, he'll go into a 50/50 more than prepared to come out worse off then his counterpart, but only if he could pass the ball and generally distribute the ball with a higher level of accuracy then they'd be perfect in midfield. He's be good enough to cement a regular first team starting slot in our side. Unfortunately if you haven't learned how to distribute the ball effectively and with potency by the age of 23/24 then you're probably never going to do so.

Jay will make a fantastic squad player, but if he doesn't want to be a bit-part player (which is understandable) then perhaps his future lies away at a smaller club like Wigan or Wolves.

Jay Spearing > Momo ?
If your going to make comparisons at least contain them to the same stratosphere ,Momo was brilliant before he suffered the eye injury and his
football prior to that was exceptional . Jay Spearing is a little ankle biter no more no less, he harries the opposition but his erratic chasing around
after the ball is akin to a dog attempting to chase a car tyre ..... Momo's timing and his overall anticipation was honoured by the Kop by including
him in our famous "We've got the best midfield in the world " song .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 pm wrote:
our famous "We've got the best midfield in the world " song .

seems like only weeks ago we were singing that. it was bloody well 'n' all...

:(

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 pm

andy_g » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:17 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 pm wrote:
our famous "We've got the best midfield in the world " song .

seems like only weeks ago we were singing that. it was bloody well 'n' all...

:(

I  have also come over all reminiscent and teary eyed mate . :down:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion