JAY SPEARING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed May 18, 2011 7:45 am

A while back many , me included, didn't think he was good enough, to a degree he proved me wrong but I still see him as a good squad player not first choice.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed May 18, 2011 9:13 am

Johnny Boy wrote:A while back many , me included, didn't think he was good enough, to a degree he proved me wrong but I still see him as a good squad player not first choice.

I think that's fair enough.

He has done really well, better than everyone expected.
But like you say he is someone that is great to have on the squad but that if we do want to progress to the next level we wouldnt want him playing every game.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Simari » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Thought the lad had a pretty good game tonight, unfortunate to get sent off - at most a yellow as he made clean contact with the ball. Showing signs that he could deputise for Lucas this season.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Terrible decision. Feel for the lad.... Had a pretty good game apart from the sending off!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Simari wrote:Thought the lad had a pretty good game tonight, unfortunate to get sent off - at most a yellow as he made clean contact with the ball. Showing signs that he could deputise for Lucas this season.

wasnt even a yellow never mind a red, it was a textbook challenge.
years ago he would have got a round of applause for that tackle but these days he gets his marching orders.
who suddenly decided to turn the game into a non contact sport?
for over a 100 years footy was a physical game but over the last 10-20 years someone obviously decided to change the rules, there was nothing wrong with the sport as it was, why have they changed it?

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:58 am

Regardless, if there has been a change in the laws he should be aware and play to them. Replacement for Lucas gets sent off in his first game just prior to the christmas 5 match programme  K*N*O*B*H*E*A*D*
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:27 am

Reg wrote:Regardless, if there has been a change in the laws he should be aware and play to them. Replacement for Lucas gets sent off in his first game just prior to the christmas 5 match programme  K*N*O*B*H*E*A*D*

thats very harsh, i thought it was an excellent challenge and the ref got it completly wrong, well worth an appeal in my opinion.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kerry07 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:31 am

Shocking decision, won the ball clean as a whistle. The ref was a clown and wilkins commentating on it was equally pisspoor.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby Raoul » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:49 am

Yes, I'd hope we'd appeal. If we do, and fail, could his suspension be lengthed?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:24 am

We need to appeal.  That's never a red card, ever.  That's exactly like Jack Rodwell's red against us, and we all know that wasn't red.  Spearing won the ball and the Fulham player ran into the side of his boot.  He didn't even get hit hard enough to go down, he just went down and rolled around on the ground acting like he was shot.  That wouldn't have hurt a 3 year old child yet a full grown man.  The ref didn't even see the challenge, didn't look at his sideline (who hadn't called a foul and was standing right there) and felt it was the right decision?

I don't think so.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kerry07 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:27 am

i dont think we would win an appeal as the FA will say two feet off the ground... regardless of the fact he won the ball cleanly.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby ethanr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:32 am

Kerry07 wrote:i dont think we would win an appeal as the FA will say two feet off the ground... regardless of the fact he won the ball cleanly.

Both of Rodwell's feet came off the ground on Suarez.  It was almost a completely identical incident, except Rodwell's studs actually went into Suarez, where Dembele continued running into the side of Spearing's boot.

Rodwell's appeal was granted if I'm not mistaken?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:21 am

We'd win an appeal, I'm sure of it. Spearing played the ball and his momentum took him through the player, yes, his leg peg came off the floor but that's more to do with inertia than malice.

He was done hard by.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:41 am

both his feet were off the ground, yes - but only after he'd actually played the ball. we saw how many other people were slipping all over the pitch throughout the game.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:53 am

Naive at best. Unfortunate but bound to happen
Like the rat said "10 years ago this wasnt even a foul"
I said before the match he shouldnt lose his head or be reckless. It was un-necessary and didnt help. Lets hope he learns from it
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion