January hope - New player?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PepeMomo » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:08 pm

Certainly I'd love to see Joaquin or Simao joining us, and an addition of a cool centre back to cover Hyypia and Carra...

but what I am really looking forward is Harry Kewell to shake off his injuries and back as a regular starter for us.. he did well (though not his best) with us in the first season.  I just can't understand why he would have past his best suddenly for such minor injuries...

If he plays like what he did with Leeds.. it's equally great like signing any of the top stars over the world or having Gerrard to stay....
PepeMomo

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:14 pm

we are all hoping the same.  He's back in full training and Rafa rates him (he started him in the CL final!) so lets wait and see.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:37 pm

Whats this? ????
The Harry Kewell fan club?
The two of u  can have ur weekly meetings in a phonebox:laugh: :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby Afroman » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:42 pm

So this is a thread about Harry Kewell and signing a CB and RM?
How original :p
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:48 pm

7_Kewell wrote:we are all hoping the same.  He's back in full training and Rafa rates him (he started him in the CL final!) so lets wait and see.

The only reason Rafa started him in the CL final was because he was the only true winger we had in the squad at that time. Rafa saw how Park had opened up AC Milan in the CL semi-final, so he took a chance that Kewell could do the same thing but he failed. I personally think Rafa wants rid of Kewell as soon as possible.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby Afroman » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:49 pm

But he played Kewell behind the frontman ???
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:50 pm

Benitez scouted Kewell when he was at Leeds, he wanted to sign him but we beat him to it. He obiviously rates him but if Kewell doesn't get it together he will be sold.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:01 pm

if i had to predict a player coming in january it would be simao i really think it will happen  joaquin would be better but he would cost twice as much  rafa should have some extra cash as he never spent his money on the rw on the cb  so he might be able to bid for joaquin !!!  maybe im dreaming again  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:25 am

Benitez scouted Kewell when he was at Leeds, he wanted to sign him but we beat him to it. He obiviously rates him but if Kewell doesn't get it together he will be sold.

that's my opinion too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:18 am

i watched simao last night and he was awful,but the cb  laosao who we got turned down for was excellent quick strong and comfortable on the ball
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:37 am

mighty mo wrote:i watched simao last night and he was awful,but the cb  laosao who we got turned down for was excellent quick strong and comfortable on the ball

to be honest mo  simao has not played well lately   after benfica turned down liverpools bids benfica lost at home 0-2 to i think it was vicente  he looked poor and missed a penalty  but i think the deal will still happen in january  as rafa rates the guy highly    just think simoa on the right and gonzalez on the left    :bowdown   :bowdown   :bowdown

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:20 am

7_Kewell wrote:

that's my opinion too.

Yup, you could tell Rafa's patience was getting thin with Harry last season when the press asked about Kewell and Rafa was just like "I don't know, one minute he's fine and the next he says he's injured".

I hope the lad does have a spell of good luck but he's got a lot to do to win back the fans  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:42 am

I prefer Joaquin than Simao .... but too expensive ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Paul C » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:02 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I prefer Joaquin than Simao .... but too expensive ...

Joaquin is the missing link for us, so £20m to make us twice the side is worth it imo, plus Benfica wanted £13m for Simao, I know which I'd go for  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:57 pm

More problems at chelsea.....gallas & joe cole want out.

1)Gallas -
Apparantly gallas is getting paid 35k per week (quite suprised though)...and he wants to be paid the same as terry & lampard. So he is stalling on signing him

My take is that we have a real chance to get him. His contract runs out in a year or so..... If we bid for him (about 7 or 8 million), maybe chelsea will sell him (screw chelsea like how real madrid screw us). Gallas for me is the best defender in chelsea (i rate him higher than terry). If we can get him, it was be awesome. He is THE pacy CB we all want folks.

2)Joe Cole -
He wants to leave chelsea because he is not playing enuff matches.

My take - If kewell does not ever play for us (for whatever reason), then cole will be a good LW. If u remember, when duff was injured last season (or was it robben), cole ended up playing quite a lot of matches for chelsea and he was their best player. We could tease chelsea with a cheeky 5 million bid. Who knows chelsea might sell him...

But gallas will be my 1st choice.

i don't have the url yet......but hope someone else will post it (too lazy).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion