January hope - New player?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:09 pm

Tony S wrote:Drummer Phil- you are spot on mate i meant players based in the premiership- not speciafivally english- sorry for any confusion caused!

Me personally, id like to see the likes of pennant (yes hes a mare to manage, but the boy is the next best thing to c.ronaldo) - he can cross and he can beat players. Rafa would soon kick his :censored: into gear.

Also quality defebders like King and Toure. Hard to see it ever happening i know.

A realistic option would have been solano- dont know why we waited till 12 hour to ask him to join us- should have done it as part of the baros deal..but anyhow. We need crosses and creative minds..not luxury players who will constantly gice away the ball with flicks and underhit passes (u know who u are!!)

To be honest the list of uk based players is endless but price and availabilty is the problem...the fact is we had major clout this summer after the cl win- we should have used it more i feel.

Tony S.

Actually Toure was a striker when he first started out. Wenger then put him in defence and hes been there ever since. LOL
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tony S » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:19 pm

drummer phil im not another undercover memeber lad, im new as i said- i think reading thsi forum reguarly had rubbed off on me!!

toure a striker? well u learn something new everyday!!!

Actaully i could see crouchy doing well at centre half- him and hyppia- now theres a duo!!

Do you think we will spend our remaining budget this january?
Tony S

Postby drummerphil » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:26 pm

well to be honest i,m glad Zenden cost nothing.......i think hes awful.....I live in a world where i think wingers should be able to beat a man.A new centre half and a decent winger have to be a must in January.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:41 pm

I agree   Zenden is awful   how can you be a winger and never go past a player??   I watched him a number of times last year and he was quite effective (maybe its the pressure of playing for the champions of europe!!!)

I would def get Joaquin - we have world class players in a number of positions Gerrard, Carra, Alonso, Reina so a few more would surely help the team  -  why oh why oh why did we let Houllier spend all our money on useless frogs???
RedWolf35

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion