January hope - New player?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:04 pm

The_Rock wrote:More problems at chelsea.....gallas & joe cole want out.

1)Gallas -
Apparantly gallas is getting paid 35k per week (quite suprised though)...and he wants to be paid the same as terry & lampard. So he is stalling on signing him

My take is that we have a real chance to get him. His contract runs out in a year or so..... If we bid for him (about 7 or 8 million), maybe chelsea will sell him (screw chelsea like how real madrid screw us). Gallas for me is the best defender in chelsea (i rate him higher than terry). If we can get him, it was be awesome. He is THE pacy CB we all want folks.

2)Joe Cole -
He wants to leave chelsea because he is not playing enuff matches.

My take - If kewell does not ever play for us (for whatever reason), then cole will be a good LW. If u remember, when duff was injured last season (or was it robben), cole ended up playing quite a lot of matches for chelsea and he was their best player. We could tease chelsea with a cheeky 5 million bid. Who knows chelsea might sell him...

But gallas will be my 1st choice.

i don't have the url yet......but hope someone else will post it (too lazy).

Joe Cole is a diving w@nker who runs like a chicken and would cost far more than he is worth. I'd even rather have Igor back than that cockney tw@t.

On the other hand I'd take Gallas any day of the week. Awesome player. However if Chelsea sold him it would likely be abroad, not to an English rival.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:47 pm

You would be most welcomed at anfield, gallas......

:buttrock

http://www.clubcall.com/vsite....00.html

Liverpool - French international eyed
15 Sep 2005 14:03

William Gallas' agent has claimed Liverpool are among the clubs eyeing his client, as a contract dispute could see him quit Chelsea.

Gallas is reportedly ready to walk out on the Premiership champions unless they offer him a pay increase on a par with the likes of Frank Lampard and John Terry.

The 28-year-old France international has already held talks with the club's officials about extending his current deal - which has two seasons remaining - until summer 2009. However, it appears that he is stalling on signing a contract because he wants his current £35,000-a-week pay increased to the region of £90,000.

Sources suggest that if the Blues do not agree to his demands then he would be willing to pay around £2.5million in order to buy-out the current contract and be free to join another club for more money.

Agent Pierre Frelog claims Barcelona, Arsenal and Liverpool would all be interested in signing Gallas and are prepared to offer him a more attractive package.
Last edited by The_Rock on Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:48 pm

stmichael wrote:Joe Cole is a diving w@nker who runs like a chicken and would cost far more than he is worth. I'd even rather have Igor back than that cockney tw@t.

On the other hand I'd take Gallas any day of the week. Awesome player. However if Chelsea sold him it would likely be abroad, not to an English rival.

My thoughts exactly.

Don't rate Cole and Chelsea wouldn't sell Gallas to us.  Barcelona wanted him a while back so I can see him ending up there :nod
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:54 pm

He will still be at Chelsea, it is the agent mentioning our name to drive up the amount of wages he is currently on.
And it will work...if he is only on 35,000 they will pay him more thats just the way they work.
And there is no way they would sell him to us.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:58 pm

we had the same with luque as you have with simao.

he strted loosing interest in playing with depor and had one eye on the move,this is what is probably happening with simao,shame cos i dont think rafa will sign him coiz of the price,liverpool dont pay over the odds which is good,i wish nufc wouldnt pay over the odds,we have no financial structure!
nufc1986

Postby logsy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:03 pm

I think Gallas is quality but wouldnt want him if he was gonna whinge week in week out. I'd prefer Joaquin to Simao because he's an out and out right winger, maybe the best in the world, who would give Liverpool great balance and change the way we play beyond all recognition. Probably worth 20million if that's what we had to pay.
logsy

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:38 am

Gallas refuses to sign an extension because he wants 90,000 a week??  Well as highly as I rate him we cant afford to go around handing out 90,000 a week contracts! Alonso is on a fraction of that and hes a better player in his position than gallas is in his.  If we could get him for under £10million and on a contract under 50k a week then I think it would be a brilliant bit of business.  But then again Chelsea arent going to want to sell him to an english rival, espeicially not us after knocking them out of hte champions league
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Garymac » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:39 am

is this thread gonna go on till January? ??? Oh and mourinho to sell us a player hahaha not a fu*kin chance, Gallas will not play for liverpool
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:22 pm

Strictly rumour......... just wondering...if he ain't good enuff for roma what make him think he is good enuff for us....  ???

I think hyppia can still do a job....so i just hope we get joaquin 1st...

Any ({spare money} + {throw in traore}) to get mexes... Not sure if he will be good enuff for us though...i have seen him a few times. He looks like an average player IMO.

http://www.clubcall.com/vsite....00.html

Liverpool - Serie A star targeted EXCLUSIVE
27 Sep 2005 12:54

In an exclusive interview with clubcall, top Italian journalist Filippo Maria Ricci has revealed that Liverpool are planning a January swoop for Roma defender Phillippe Mexes, writes Kevin Hatchard.

Liverpool have been linked with the French international for several years, and tried to sign him on four seperate occasions times this summer.

Despite Liverpool's failure to land the player, Ricci believes the European champions will try again in January:

"It depends on Roma's situation, but the player is definitely out of favour at the moment and they would be willing to let him go if there was money involved."

"I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool went for him in January. It could be a loan move but Roma want money for him now."

Liverpool made the capture of a top-class centre-back one of their top transfer priorities in the summer, but failed to sign anyone to cover for first-choice pairing Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher.

Ricci believes Liverpool see Mexes as the ideal candidate to strengthen the squad at Anfield:

"They need cover and Mexes is a good player. It could be a fresh start for him after the problems he's had at Roma."

"Mexes is young, powerful and good in the air. He could do well at Liverpool."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:27 pm

Not a big fan of Mexes to be honest.  Pretty slightly built for a centre back and not sure he's adapt very well to the prem.

He's good on the ball and decent in the air but not imposing enough imo.  He's also easy to wind up and has a temper.  There's better options than him imo.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red or dead » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:42 pm

no to mexes
red or dead

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:29 pm

Watch him play a few times for Auxerre and As Roma as well. He is still young, but getting better with each game he plays.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:40 pm

wonder if this thread will get as big as the legendary rumour thread :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:51 pm

I know his price may be a tad over-flated cos he's english but I believe we should go for Ledley King. Test the water to see if he wants to join the Euro champs! :laugh:
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:59 pm

Mexes is a quality player (in a similar mould to Hyppia). He is a tough tackling centre half with excellent positional sense and a very good passer of the ball. He forged an excellent partnership with Boumsong when at Auxerre and I feel he would form a formidable partnership with Carragher. Wouldn't mind seeing Matthew Upson to be honest. Solid performer for Brum and would be available at around £5m...
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion