January 2006 - Who to buy and how much to spend?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby solo si » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:15 pm

I know it's only September, but we have already started to talk about future signings, including Joaquin for instance. Do you all think that he is the answer to our right wing problem and if not what about someone like Joe Cole for half the price?

I know we have this Chelsea not selling players to LFC etc, but it may come down to the player himself. We need a player who can unlock a defence, like Beardsley or a John Barnes type.

Also, it will be very interesting to see how much the board give to Rafa for the transfer kitty. Personally, I don't see Cisse featuring much over the next few months and I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold to buy a defender aswell as a winger.

Again, long term if we are to compete with Chelsea and they are the team to whom we must set our sights, we need major investment into the club. Otherwise, the rest of us are competing for second place, which in my opinion is not good enough for LFC in the long term. Your thoughts please!
solo si

Postby banana » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:24 pm

We need:

Right winger
Left winger
Striker (?)
Centre half

Right wing: obvious choice would be Joaquin, but we may be in for a surprise signing from brazil or argentina

Left winger: hopefully we can get speedy Gonzales if not, maybe we have to continue with Kewell (who i don't rate anymore), Riise (works hard but short on skills) or Zenden (average)

Striker: I think our main target is Kujt. He is a hell of an athlete and a fine professional. Signing Kujt will put an end to Cisse's LFC career. Marseille might make a move for him.

Centre half:Milito or Luisao for me. We could also try to move for Bonera. Good players all three, and their clubs are trying to hold on to them. Could be expensive.

With those 4 players we are nothing less than a sensational team capable of f@cking chelsea at stamford bridge.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:31 pm

Joaquin without question should be the priority.

I don't care how much, we can do without the rest aslong as we have him. He'd be the answer to alot of attacking problems. With him in the current side we'd be alot better off. Yes we need a centre half, but that centre half MUST be 100% definately better than Sami. The only one i can think of that would be right is Woodgate... how unlikely is it that he'd come or stay fit? Exactly.

We would also raise money from the sale of one or two players and next seasons budget.
115-1073096938

Postby Gaunt » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:44 am

I think Gallas and maybe go back in for Simao or try buy Joaquin. But i'm more excited about our youngsters will be like in a few years. In my opinion they are Rafas real buys,they were cheap and maybe we could get 2 or 3 class first teamers from this new bunch we have brought in.
Gaunt

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:54 am

Why Gallas for gods sake?

The problem is scoring not keeping clean sheets. Are some people never satisfied?

What do we have to do? Restrict teams to 0 shots on or off target before we have a class defence.

No players in the world ever can ever possibly in anyway shape or form ever have a better defensive than we currently have in the league. Its physically impossible after the games we've played so why change something that isn't broke? Please explain?

The money should be spent on the issue... scoring goals and creating chances. Joaquin would go a long long way to solving this problem. Anyone can surely see that?

Or am i talking rubbish? :no
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:17 am

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!  Not another f*&king transfer thread!  :veryangry

People, it's September.....there are going to be at least 3 months until we can sign anyone....can we please focus on our team that we currently have?  I don't mind people posting the odd rumour but i don't think i can take another 60 page transfer thread that starts like:

I think we should buy Joaquin and Figo.   or

I think we should buy Gallas and Simao

FFS, we've heard it all a 100000's times before  :veryangry
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:04 am

stu_the_red wrote:Why Gallas for gods sake?

The problem is scoring not keeping clean sheets. Are some people never satisfied?

What do we have to do? Restrict teams to 0 shots on or off target before we have a class defence.

No players in the world ever can ever possibly in anyway shape or form ever have a better defensive than we currently have in the league. Its physically impossible after the games we've played so why change something that isn't broke? Please explain?

The money should be spent on the issue... scoring goals and creating chances. Joaquin would go a long long way to solving this problem. Anyone can surely see that?

Stu I still think we need a centre-half. Sami simply can’t play every single game and what if either Carra or Sami gets crocked? Do we play Josemi and Traore and hope they do a job?

No doubting we have two top class centre-halves, but as backup we have very little (Whitbread has potential but I'm not sure he is ready to play week-in week out in the league yet).

Gallas is excellent, but is getting on in years and I think we'd be better served to go out and buy Sami’s long term replacement in January, which would mean bringing a young fella in as 3rd choice centre-half , and getting some experience before Sami calls it quits.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:30 am

if we can get a CB & RW in the jan window i would be happy.
my choice would be gallas & joaquin.

I don't see rafa getting another striker if cisse leaves because garcia will almost play most of the matches as support striker leaving crouch & moro to fight it out for the lone striker role.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:18 am

well we deffo should have a winger coming in ........ (a youth player that is)

[URL=http://liverpoolfc.co.za/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1126051643/m/4431033561[/URL]

Liverpool are ready to sign Hull City's exciting young winger Paul Anderson - as Rafa Benitez looks to bring in a new crop of youngsters.

Anderson, 17, played for Anfield's reserves after being given permission by Hull boss Peter Taylor to set up the switch to the Premiership giants. The top prospect is one of several youngsters being lined up by Liverpool who are concerned about the lack of home-grown talent.

A once-famous assembly line - that brought through Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher - has now stopped and Liverpool spies are looking for the best players at rival clubs.

Anderson is one of three or four young English hopefuls who could be snapped up in the coming months.

In addition to signing some very good Spanish prospects, Liverpool have already signed defender Jack Hobbs and Goalkeeper Josh Mimms (son of former Blackburn goalie Bobby Mimms).
Last edited by The_Rock on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:09 am

stu_the_red wrote:Why Gallas for gods sake?

Stu. This is one area where we definately disagree. With a slow back line our midfielders and our defenders have to lie a bit deeper. If we had pace in the back we could have been more attacking and scored more goals. I think we would improve big-time with a new more creative and pacey centre half.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:31 am

I'm interested in whether Guti will be interested in Jan, Madrid are shocking this season - I would not be at all surprised if players start jumping ship
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:57 am

7_Kewell wrote:PLEASE GOD NO!!!!  Not another f*&king transfer thread!  :veryangry

People, it's September.....there are going to be at least 3 months until we can sign anyone....can we please focus on our team that we currently have?  I don't mind people posting the odd rumour but i don't think i can take another 60 page transfer thread that starts like:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

i'm surprised it took this long :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:12 am

Buy Gera ( cheap ), Joe Cole and maybe Gallas .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Houllier=LFC » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:29 pm

Get Messi or Joaquin...
perhaps both? :D
Houllier=LFC

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:25 pm

transfer rumour thread again!!!

Sod it i'll have my two penny's worth. Joaquin Joaquin joaquin:p  His song will go like that jolie jolie jolie jolie. Who sang that i think its country western singer.

Joaquin is a genius and i have to say that i would sacrifice cisse and buy this boy for £20m. Im dreaming though cos rafa dont spend big. Also watch woodgate and perhaps get him or gallas both again too much though so rafa will find a south american for far less.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion