January 2006 - Who to buy and how much to spend?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:27 pm

Buy fkin' everybody and put it on the plastic . Just like Madrid .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:04 pm

Would love to see Gonzalez on the left to give us a pacy, skilful solution there, but with Chile sliding further down the FIFA rankings, that's looking an even more complicated prospect. With Riise, Zenden and Kewell all competing for that spot, I'd say we're covered there for now.

For me we definitely have to throw however money it takes at RM. We've got decent makeshifts for CB in Whitbread, Traore and (at a push) Josemi, but we really don't have anyone doing a good enough job on the right of midfield. It's costing us goals, and to be honest it's no wonder Morientes and Crouch aren't able to assert themselves - they just aren't getting killer delivery from the right positions.

It's frustrating, because with good players in for both CB and RM, we'll have a f**king awesome squad. My first 11 at the moment doesn't have Garcia, Sissoko, Hamann, Morientes, Zenden, Kewell or Traore in it, and what a bench that is. :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby mighty mo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:31 pm

dirk kuyt will be a liverpool player ,either in  january or the summer,rafa really rates him  very highly
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:40 pm

considering its being reported that raffa will be given a whole 15 million to spend in january id forget joaquim. looks like we need 2 players at no more than 7.5 million each. time to do a google search
destro

Postby King Carra » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:22 pm

I'd love to see J.Cole or Joaquin but iI higly doudt that we will be able to get either and if rafa wants Joaquin then we need to scrape a bit of cash together soon, and the only other problem is Chelsea, surely they want Joaquin as well and would easily be able to price us out of a move.
King Carra

Postby NCRedFan7 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:20 pm

This whole Chile's world ranking thing is absolutely ludicrous!  Get the guy a "part time job" at a grocery store and get him a standard work visa, he can "just so happen" to also play for Liverpool (totally kidding here).

I mean, seriously, are immigration standards that stringent in the UK?

I guess I'm kinda jaded, though, because anyone who can swim or build a boat out of cardboard is let into the US these days....

-NCRedFan7
NCRedFan7

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion