JAMIE CARRAGHER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:02 pm

if carragher would have made the mistakes skrtel has in the last 2 games people would be going ballistic.
the scary thing is that QPR and wigan didnt have to do anything out of the ordinary to score, they didnt string together a few great moves that we couldnt do much about, their goals came from situations were bog standard defending would have been enough to clear rhe danger.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:47 pm

I have always been a massive Jamie Carragher fan, he has his weaknesses but one of his strengths was that he knew what his weaknesses were and adapted his game to suit.

However I really believe that it is time for him to hang up his boots.  Coates has got to start ahead of him.

When we are playing with Jamie in the team we sit far too deep to cover his lack of pace, and this, I believe is the reason our excellent defensie record this year is starting to fall apart.

Jamie you are a legend, one of the best players to have pulled on the red of Liverpool, but its time to retire and maybe become part of the coaching staff.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:03 pm

I forget who said it, may have been Wayne Gretzky, The best time to retire is when people are still saying "He's can still play for another year or two".  Well, sorry Carra, but the same can't be said any longer.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:34 pm

his time is coming and if not this season then next for sure.
there is a lot of competition for places and agger/skyrtel has to be 1st choice with coates as cover.kelly imo would be a great centre half and would be the 4th choice.thats not including ayala and wilson who are both young and will prob return or be surplus and sold next season to raise funds for further investment back into the squad.
because of this id either expect him to retire or see out his contract but i dont expect him to be playing regular at all and as soon as agger is back then jamie is warming the bench again and next season he'l be lucky to get as many games as he has this campaign.

absolute legend he has been for us though and he is still more than capaple of producing a good game so it wouldnt be that bad if he did hang around if needed.
aside from that though if he did retire he'd do well as a pundit and i could just see him sitting opposite gary neville on a regular basis tearing him to shreds :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:38 am

red till i die!! » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 pm wrote:aside from that though if he did retire he'd do well as a pundit and i could just see him sitting opposite gary neville on a regular basis tearing him to shreds :laugh:

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:00 am

Regardless of whether or not Jamie feels he can continue for another four or five seasons, I'd ship him out in the summer. H'e's a legend of the club and will always be held in the highest esteem by all associated with our football club, but he's so detrimental to our team and his inclusion in our squad is one of the main reasons we're losing football matches. He's slow, he's clumsy and he's become a liability. We cannot afford to have sentimental issues at this club, he's past his best and is detrimental to our defence when he plays, time to move on and find someone else to step into his shoes. It's a tall order, but I am confident that Seb Coates is up to the task.
Boxscarf

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Is Carra past his best ? Probably BUT  I'm not having it with the one eyed fans in this forum who are putting the boot into Carra for Evertons goal today. Watch it again you Fu*king ungrateful gimps ! . The ball fell to Agger,with more than enough time hoof it clear he dithered and looked to Carra to take responsibility, if anyone has to shoulder the blame for Evertons offside goal it's Agger not Carra.  :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kukilon » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:28 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:21 pm wrote:Is Carra past his best ? Probably BUT  I'm not having it with the one eyed fans in this forum who are putting the boot into Carra for Evertons goal today. Watch it again you Fu*king ungrateful gimps ! . The ball fell to Agger,with more than enough time hoof it clear he dithered and looked to Carra to take responsibility, if anyone has to shoulder the blame for Evertons offside goal it's Agger not Carra.  :veryangry

Don't agree at all. Yes Agger didn't act great but Carra was facing the right direction and should have dealt with it. He made an Dinstinesque pass that almost gave them a free shot at goal. You could see that Agger wasn't himself while playing with Carra. Had this been an isolated occurence I wouldn't have cared but he is making reckless tackles and other things all the time these days. Never seen a defender causing so many stupid PK in my whole life as Carra has done the last three years.

He will always be a legend but he is past it.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 pm

if you look even more closely you'll see that from the moment the ball was loose agger was standing with his arms spread and saying to carra ' this is your ball, deal with it', and that it was pretty much the correct decision. the fact that carra dithered for an age before making a panicky clearance wasn't really agger's fault.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Kukilon » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:28 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:21 pm wrote:Is Carra past his best ? Probably BUT  I'm not having it with the one eyed fans in this forum who are putting the boot into Carra for Evertons goal today. Watch it again you Fu*king ungrateful gimps ! . The ball fell to Agger,with more than enough time hoof it clear he dithered and looked to Carra to take responsibility, if anyone has to shoulder the blame for Evertons offside goal it's Agger not Carra.  :veryangry

Don't agree at all. Yes Agger didn't act great but Carra was facing the right direction and should have dealt with it. He made an Dinstinesque pass that almost gave them a free shot at goal. You could see that Agger wasn't himself while playing with Carra. Had this been an isolated occurence I wouldn't have cared but he is making reckless tackles and other things all the time these days. Never seen a defender causing so many stupid PK in my whole life as Carra has done the last three years.

He will always be a legend but he is past it.

I'm supposed to take you seriously ?
Carra was facing the right direction and should have dealt with it
, what way was Agger facing ? The Fu*king ice cream van  in the car park ?

Watch it again sunbeam, the ball fell to Agger, he didn't deal with it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:52 pm

andy_g » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 pm wrote:if you look even more closely you'll see that from the moment the ball was loose agger was standing with his arms spread and saying to carra ' this is your ball, deal with it', and that it was pretty much the correct decision. the fact that carra dithered for an age before making a panicky clearance wasn't really agger's fault.

:no  the ball fell to Agger, he elected to leave it. You say "Carra dithered", imo he was probably surprised that Agger hadn't just whacked it away, can argue about this all night but repeated viewing convince me that it was Aggers mistake that led to the Everton  goal.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:55 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:52 pm wrote:
andy_g » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 pm wrote:if you look even more closely you'll see that from the moment the ball was loose agger was standing with his arms spread and saying to carra ' this is your ball, deal with it', and that it was pretty much the correct decision. the fact that carra dithered for an age before making a panicky clearance wasn't really agger's fault.

:no  the ball fell to Agger, he elected to leave it. You say "Carra dithered", imo he was probably surprised that Agger hadn't just whacked it away, can argue about this all night but repeated viewing convince me that it was Aggers mistake that led to the Everton  goal.

i still think agger had the right to leave it to carra, but the truth is that neither of them covered themselves in glory. i'd have liked to have witnessed the conversation between them at half time though...  :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Poor defending either way. It fell between Agger's  and jamie's weak foot. Had they been in each others spot both could have cleared it easily. I must say Jamie did not look comfortable all day and made a number of glaring errors. I would have respected Kenny had he subbed Jamie for Enrique at half time and put Agger in the center as it needed to be done, as it was they won anyway. Jamie is a legent but I have never seen him so shakey as he has been this season. When age catches up with you it is normally exponential and it happens to the greatest!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:21 pm

At the end of the day Carragher should ever be in the starting 11 when aggressive is fit, the fact that Enrique was dropped to accommodate him was an utter disgrace
roberto green

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:57 pm

apart from the mistake i thought he had an alright game, everton didnt really create that many chances and i expected jones to have to deal with more of a bombardment than he did, i thought everton would really try to crowd him and pressure him but he didnt have that much to do.
re the goal, the poster who mentioned that the ball fell to carraghers and aggers weaker foot was spot on, carragher didnt want to hit it with his left and agger didnt want to hit it with his right, in the end carragher swung at it and it ended up at jelavic`s feet, it was a bad error but there was a bit of bad luck involved too, that could have went anywhere off cahill`s knee`s but it couldnt have fell any better for jelavic even if cahill had picked it up, carried it over and placed it down for him.
must admit when that happened i did wonder if it was going to be our day and when maxi hit the post right at the end i thought everton were going to equalise in injury time, i thought their name was on the cup when that happened.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion