JAMIE CARRAGHER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:57 am

stmichael » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:55 pm wrote:finished. i'm sorry, i love the guy but he is now a liability.

Its sad when you fail to recognise the fella as the quick thinking stalwart he used to be  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:30 am

the thing is, when you play teams who launch balls into the box and he can throw himself infront of shots he's still more than adequate. however against any sort of quality movement he struggles bigtime now. he's also prone to ridiculous errors and makes our defence sit 10 yards deeper than if agger was playing. personally i find it laughable that coates didn't retain his place after midweek.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red_guy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:09 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:42 pm wrote:I truly believe Carragher has given his all for this club ,he will always be up there with one of the best out and out defenders we have had
here ,but surely  if his love for the club and the fans is as resolute as he professes it to be ,then he should allow young Coates his time at CB .

Since we lost Agger, Jamie's hesitancy in defence has cost us dearly in the Premiership ,and  I'm genuinely trying to make this shout with a
modicum of diplomacy, but we have lost 5 games since Carragher was drafted back in ,and today two glaring misjudgements cost us the game .

Whilst I am fully aware Big Martin conceded the penalty ,it must be said his was a desperate act to rescue the team from Jamies ridiculously
inept header ,and the less said about his lethargy for their winner the better .

In summary this once solid defence we could herald as the one to concede the fewest goals in the league ,has us watching through our fingers
as our defenders confidence slowly but surely dissipates with every game Carragher is involved in .

I hope posters and fans believe me when I say I derive no pleasure in watching a great defenders demise ,because trust me its possibly
the most painful viewing since it dawned on me Torres no longer had the heart to fight for the shirt ,I know they are two very different
extremes ,but both became  excruciating to watch .

Agree with you on that.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:22 am

Love Carra, been a real servant to the club and had has always put in 100% whenever I see him but time has come for him to call it a day. Need to keep him on in a coaching capacity
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:25 am

He has always made mistakes, but they havent cost us. Now they do.
If KK was being honest he would drop him...
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 am wrote:He has always made mistakes, but they havent cost us. Now they do.
If KK was being honest he would drop him...

I think its because until Henchoz left the club subsequently breaking up one of the best defensive pairings the club has ever had ,we never
really needed him .

This season however,we have had a formidable back line in Agger and Skrtel so Carragher has been surplus to requirements once more ,obviously there
is also a rapid decline in his game which has added to our desperation at the back ,and Skrtel to a large extent  has become the biggest casualty .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:41 pm

carragher is not the player he once was but just like people are throwing andy carrolls name into the hat when he didnt even start against QPR or wigan now people are throwing carraghers name into the hat just because he is an easy target.
against QPR everyone could have done better, for the first goal henderson and reina could of done better, for the second goal skrtel could of done better and for the last goal skrtel and enrique couldnt have done much worse to be honest, it was abbott and costello defending.
yesterday skrtel got caught wrong side of his man and then tried to take moses`s head off and the second goal was scored while our entire back 4 stood still watching the fella go round carroll and reina and knock it into the net, our center forward was the only one who reacted and at least tried to defend the situation, not one defender even moved. thats not all carraghers fault.
i believe coates should be starting because he is the future of the club and carragher isnt, but i dont believe coates should be starting because every goal we`ve conceded since agger has been injured is 100% down to carragher.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:41 pm wrote:carragher is not the player he once was but just like people are throwing andy carrolls name into the hat when he didnt even start against QPR or wigan now people are throwing carraghers name into the hat just because he is an easy target.
against QPR everyone could have done better, for the first goal henderson and reina could of done better, for the second goal skrtel could of done better and for the last goal skrtel and enrique couldnt have done much worse to be honest, it was abbott and costello defending.
yesterday skrtel got caught wrong side of his man and then tried to take moses`s head off and the second goal was scored while our entire back 4 stood still watching the fella go round carroll and reina and knock it into the net, our center forward was the only one who reacted and at least tried to defend the situation, not one defender even moved. thats not all carraghers fault.
i believe coates should be starting because he is the future of the club and carragher isnt, but i dont believe coates should be starting because every goal we`ve conceded since agger has been injured is 100% down to carragher.

Carragher has been one of the clubs finest servants ,so in regards to the specifics of that alone he deserves our respect .
However Carraghers reinstatement into our back four has impinged significantly on the stability of said defence,and his
uncertainty has spread through it like the Ebola virus .

Coates should of been slowly integrated into the team long before now ,and Carragher's continual regression is destabilizing what
for a large part of this season been the premierships best defence .Its surely no longer an exaggeration to suggest the uncertainty
stems from Jamie's reintroduction ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:46 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:41 pm wrote:carragher is not the player he once was but just like people are throwing andy carrolls name into the hat when he didnt even start against QPR or wigan now people are throwing carraghers name into the hat just because he is an easy target.

Carragher has been one of the clubs finest servants ,so in regards to the specifics of that alone he deserves our respect .
However Carraghers reinstatement into our back four has impinged significantly on the stability of said defence,and his
uncertainty has spread through it like the Ebola virus .

Coates should of been slowly integrated into the team long before now ,and Carragher's continual regression is destabilizing what
for a large part of this season been the premierships best defence .Its surely no longer an exaggeration to suggest the uncertainty
stems from Jamie's reintroduction ?

even if carragher was absolutely $*i*e mate there are still 3 other defenders in the back 4, throughout our history we`ve had times where we havent had our first choice defenders in, we `ve had the likes of richard money and avi cohen who were solid players but no mark lawrensons in the side and went on to win titles. hansen or thompson or hughes didnt fall apart because their number 1 partner was out.
man united have often rotated defenders and even had roy keane playing there for a while and look at barcelona with mascherano in the back 4.
we are just so mentally weak it`s untrue, if we suffer a setback to the players it automatically means we are f**ked, it`s like when we lost alonso, the players were saying we were f**ked themselves before the season had really got going.
we`ve had that attitude for 20 years.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:21 pm

You make a really good argument ,but did you have to 'Richard Money' me ?  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:24 pm

even if carragher was absolutely $*i*e mate there are still 3 other defenders in the back 4, throughout our history we`ve had times where we havent had our first choice defenders in, we `ve had the likes of richard money and avi cohen who were solid players but no mark lawrensons in the side and went on to win titles. hansen or thompson or hughes didnt fall apart because their number 1 partner was out.
man united have often rotated defenders and even had roy keane playing there for a while and look at barcelona with mascherano in the back 4.
we are just so mentally weak it`s untrue, if we suffer a setback to the players it automatically means we are f**ked, it`s like when we lost alonso, the players were saying we were f**ked themselves before the season had really got going.

Even if we have 3 other defenders its no reason to weaken the team by using carragher as the 4th. It doesnt matter if he has been a wonderful servant to the club when he isnt delivering atm. Just look at what carra did or didnt do before the two goals wigan got on saturday. We have a young and promising defender in Coates that needs more gametime, and with agger out we have a good reason to play him for a while.

Its amazing how we can keep playing youngsters like henderson in practically every match while other youngsters that have shown they are at least as talented if not more, almost never gets a chance.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Now that the season is over ,with respect to the league ,No sense in playing Carra any longer. Coates should start till Agger Returns.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:46 pm

mart » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:24 pm wrote:

Even if we have 3 other defenders its no reason to weaken the team by using carragher as the 4th. It doesnt matter if he has been a wonderful servant to the club when he isnt delivering atm. Just look at what carra did or didnt do before the two goals wigan got on saturday. We have a young and promising defender in Coates that needs more gametime, and with agger out we have a good reason to play him for a while.

Its amazing how we can keep playing youngsters like henderson in practically every match while other youngsters that have shown they are at least as talented if not more, almost never gets a chance.

i actually agree with that, as i said earlier on that coates is the future of the club and i`d play him before carragher, but carragher isnt the sole reason why we`ve conceded 5 goals in 2 games to relegation fodder, right across the back 4 and the keeper mistakes have been made.
skrtel has been great all season but the last 2 games he has lost the plot defensively, cant blame carragher for that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:21 pm wrote:You make a really good argument ,but did you have to 'Richard Money' me ?  :laugh:

:D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:46 pm wrote:i actually agree with that, as i said earlier on that coates is the future of the club and i`d play him before carragher, but carragher isnt the sole reason why we`ve conceded 5 goals in 2 games to relegation fodder, right across the back 4 and the keeper mistakes have been made.
skrtel has been great all season but the last 2 games he has lost the plot defensively, cant blame carragher for that.

Sure Reina for instance could have done a better job, but if Carra had been half the player he was 3-4 years ago wigan would not have scored any goals on saturday. It was sad to see how easy their crappy strikers got past him.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion