JAMIE CARRAGHER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:44 am

metalhead wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
lakes10 wrote:could it be that by the end of the year we will see JC  sitting next to kenny on the bench??.......could our next manager be a player manager with Kenny at his side?

i dont know but talk sports think so.

would be a return to the good old days if true. Hiring within our own setup to ensure the people at the helm know and understand the club and its values. :nod

the boot room :nod

If Carra's manager it will be the Bootle room.

:D
roberto green

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:52 am

lakes10 wrote:could it be that by the end of the year we will see JC  sitting next to kenny on the bench??.......could our next manager be a player manager with Kenny at his side?

I hope not. Carra is a great lad, as was Emlyn, Sammi and Thommo but I dont understand why folks think he'd make a manager than any of the others mentioned?

He's only played for one club, he's only been exposed to Rafa and Woy (too young to get any benefit from GED) and he was stupid enough to pull out of the England set up and therefore not learn how Capello works. He has sweet naff all experience of other clubs, other managers, techniques and other set ups. He's another Sammy Lee waiting to happen.

He needs to leave Liverpool, play out his final 1-2-3 years with a older manager in a mid-table side and learn. Then become assistant manager in a similar mid table side to learn. Then when he knows it all, go to a better side and learn again.

Carra against, Villas Boas, Pep, Fergie, Maurice? Dont make me laugh, they'd chew him up and spit him out.  Carra is 10-15 years away from managing the Reds.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:45 am

Reg wrote:

I hope not. Carra is a great lad, as was Emlyn, Sammi and Thommo but I dont understand why folks think he'd make a manager than any of the others mentioned?

He's only played for one club, he's only been exposed to Rafa and Woy (too young to get any benefit from GED) and he was stupid enough to pull out of the England set up and therefore not learn how Capello works. He has sweet naff all experience of other clubs, other managers, techniques and other set ups. He's another Sammy Lee waiting to happen.

He needs to leave Liverpool, play out his final 1-2-3 years with a older manager in a mid-table side and learn. Then become assistant manager in a similar mid table side to learn. Then when he knows it all, go to a better side and learn again.

Carra against, Villas Boas, Pep, Fergie, Maurice? Dont make me laugh, they'd chew him up and spit him out.  Carra is 10-15 years away from managing the Reds.

manny said the same thing about Kenny, in fact most said we would be in div2 at the end of the year he was forst player manager....just look what happend.

I am not saying its a good idea but it looks like something he and the club have in mind for him.......or he could be the next blues manager lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:55 am

Im sure Carra would make a great motivator but I doubt we'd be playing pass and move football... he is a centre half and spent most of his career being managed by Ged, Rafa, Roy and Capello etc. 

Maybe if he had a good assistant.  Or him and Stevie teaming up.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:46 am

They are not just going to drop him in though are they?

He is more likely to join the coaching team and work his way up, like in the old boot room days.  Bob Paisley didnt have any management experience when he came in but as he had worked with Shanks for so many years he could keep the philosphy of the club going.

Hopefully Carra can work under Kenny and Steve Clarke and learn from them.

This is hopefully the start of a long term project, going back to what made this club great the first time around
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby lakes10 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:They are not just going to drop him in though are they?

He is more likely to join the coaching team and work his way up, like in the old boot room days.  Bob Paisley didnt have any management experience when he came in but as he had worked with Shanks for so many years he could keep the philosphy of the club going.

This is hopefully the start of a long term project, going back to what made this club great the first time around

by the sounds of it he is spending more and more time understanding how a club works, a year next to a manager would do him the world of good. we just know what long tearm plan the club and kenny have and if JC is part of it, not sure if i am right but has JC now got all his coaching badges, he has been doing them for about 3 years now.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:13 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:They are not just going to drop him in though are they?

by the sounds of it he is spending more and more time understanding how a club works, a year next to a manager would do him the world of good. we just know what long tearm plan the club and kenny have and if JC is part of it, not sure if i am right but has JC now got all his coaching badges, he has been doing them for about 3 years now.

Lakesie I think you're being over simplistic mate, considering the technical challenge and brutal world of football management, coaching badges are as useful as the Eleven Plus. Lets not confuse 'coaching' with 'management'. Different skills sets - Kenny was never was and still isn't, a coach.

If traditionally young talented players are farmed out on loan then surely a prospective future manager would also benefit from the same experience, working with a respected pro.

Staying in the closed one club LFC environment would rather be like a golfer going to the same course every day by himself to practise his mistakes.
Last edited by Reg on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:34 pm

well one thing i know for sure is thatnone of us know Carra that well to be able to say how good he might be or what skills he has to could be put to use as a manager, we only get to see him as a player and sometimes as a man outside the club.
I know he has some very clear ideas on how he thinks a team should be run and its just going to have to be wait and see.

I could see him as the manager of the youth team or something but i hope he stays at the club after his playing days are over.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Sure he can stay and be the youth team manager but how much expsoure would he get? Surely better to get a broader understanding then come back and commit himself? To me its a no brainer.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roysreds » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:56 pm

i think Carra will get an mystery injury while training at Melwood this week ;)

He's been a brilliant servant to the club
roysreds

Postby mramo » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Althought been a great servant to us, he's not getting any younger. Competition might provide him some consistency again with Coates now signed up.
mramo

Postby Homebooby » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:50 am

I would agree that it is time for him to step down. The only thing that bothers me is what the team would/will lack without him and whether anyone else is currently primed to step up to the plate. No matter how much anyone blames the ref this week, it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't turned and scrambling in the first place. It's becoming a common feature of his game and I personally don't like seeing LFC players with their arms all over strikers bodies. Leave that to the cheaters.
Homebooby

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:04 am

Homebooby wrote:I would agree that it is time for him to step down. The only thing that bothers me is what the team would/will lack without him and whether anyone else is currently primed to step up to the plate. No matter how much anyone blames the ref this week, it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't turned and scrambling in the first place. It's becoming a common feature of his game and I personally don't like seeing LFC players with their arms all over strikers bodies. Leave that to the cheaters.

Who can we replace him with though?  (assuming Agger is a starter when fit)

Skrtel... How he doesnt concede more penalties I dont know.  I have heart failure everytime we're defending a corner and I see Martin dragging out of his man's neck/shoulders. 

Coates... Maybe but the lad is only 20 and hasnt played a PL game in his life.  I wouldnt throw him in straight away.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Jamie started last season the same way, yet came back strong and again looked our best CB in the end.

Give him a bit more time before we slag this Liverpool LEGEND too much for making a mistake

His organization skills alone at the moment mean there is nobody else who can replace him
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:16 pm

it's not about giving him time though is it? we have to look at what's the best for the team and not the individual. In the end, the ultimate goal is about not dropping points... truth be told, as much as I like carragher... he shouldn't be 1st choice CB anymore... we need to blood Coates asap...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion