Its official! - Everton will not qualify for the cl.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Iceman69 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:12 am

would be lucky if we did, considering we are light in quality and having to play Biscan,

that scenario in the original post i dont think will materialise realistically.

What I think will happen is....we will beat everton to 4th spot anyway, so Moyes will not have a sniff of the champions league anyway, only sniff he will get is of his grandma's knickers, and we will probably get to the semis, when are lack of consistency and quality from Garcia, Hamann, Dudek, Smicer, Biscan, Baros, etc will run short.

Liek someone made a very good point earlier........Our best chance is if the big guns......ie; Milan, Inter, Chelsea, Juventus,etc get drawn against each other and we get Porto, Lyon, Psv etc. that is our best chance. Just cause we have a light squad, no morientes, Cisse, Alonso etc. so we have a slight chance.

Lucka can only take you so far....as Everton Will soon find out. :cool:

Forgot to mention, if we do win the champions league, we'll still finish fourth anyway so everton will still be crying their eyes out
Iceman69

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:26 am

Forget the toffee scum I think WE WILL BEAT EM TO 4TH( could careless if they qualify they will be knocked out in august in qualifing round) my dream is chelski in the final and sweet revenge :angry:
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:20 am

Lyon is an under-rated side, they are quite dangerous and as much as I don't want us to draw AC Milan, I don't want us to play against Lyon, not just yet anyway.

On paper teams like PSV are the weakest links in our point of view however on the pitch paper does not matter in the Champions League.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:11 am

If we win on Saturday, and scum lose, then beat them the next week, we'll only be 2 points behind. It wont be such a huge race as people might be worrying about. However, we should have closed the gap long ago, and this is the reason why we might also rely on winning the CL.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:38 am

el_stinger wrote:If we win on Saturday, and scum lose, then beat them the next week, we'll only be 2 points behind. It wont be such a huge race as people might be worrying about. However, we should have closed the gap long ago, and this is the reason why we might also rely on winning the CL.

Its only F.A. cup games played this weekend we play Blackburn on wednesday. I really really hope we dont get no more bloody injuries, from these 2 bullying tactic teams :angry: bootin off the park instead of playin footie, grrrrrrrrrrrr hate em both :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:16 am

sh1t your right. We dont play this weekend.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:11 pm

ian cooper wrote:Can't see why they make us wait this long, what holds the draw back?

Well since the Inter and Porto game isn't till next Tuesday, how can they do the draw?  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:00 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
ian cooper wrote:Can't see why they make us wait this long, what holds the draw back?

Well since the Inter and Porto game isn't till next Tuesday, how can they do the draw?  :D

Yes, tell them to hurry up, we are dying waiting things sorted out.

tentatively, "porto & inter" can be replaced by "variable X"   :D
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:00 pm

LFC #1 wrote:

The same way they do the draw for the FA cup, when the winner (a) vs winner (b) or ©. Theyve done this for many years, and it doesnt set back too much time inbetween draws.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:55 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:Hate to tell you this, but even if Liverpool pull off the amazing and win the CL and that is a massive IF, Everton will still qualify for the opening rounds IF they finish fourth. A Uefa spokesman, talking to Sky Sports News yesterday stated that if Liverpool win, England could have 5 teams in next seasons CL. Sorry, but that's straight from the horses mouth and the T*ffees could still get in should they finish fourth.

You are so full of sh!t it is not real.

You know what, you're right. I don't like the way you put it, but I stand corrected. IF Liverpool win the CL and IF Everscum get 4th... It will be at the FA's discretion as to which of these sides go through. Bit of a b1tch really, but according to the lads on Soccer Saturday this is now the case, so even if we won the CL, there is no guarentee that we would qualify for next season's tournament as the FA may decide that Everscum deserve it more. Bit confusing, bit frustrating and really bloody annoying.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:09 pm

UEFA would have to approve FA's decision. It would be only right for the Champions of Europe to defend their tittle.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:30 pm

You know what, you're right. I don't like the way you put it, but I stand corrected. IF Liverpool win the CL and IF Everscum get 4th... It will be at the FA's discretion as to which of these sides go through. Bit of a b1tch really, but according to the lads on Soccer Saturday this is now the case, so even if we won the CL, there is no guarentee that we would qualify for next season's tournament as the FA may decide that Everscum deserve it more. Bit confusing, bit frustrating and really bloody annoying.

no way in a million of years would UEFA allow that....the Champions of Europe not allowed to defend their title? ???  you're talkin ******
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:50 am

anfieldadorer wrote:
chiggz_likes_owen wrote:]Winning CL no chance, its hard too see is winning it, theres to many teams with better quality players in the last 8

should i start to tell you about how porto, valencia got in the first spot in europe? or greece became the king of europe?
where are at that moment the alikes of real madrid, barca, manure, arsenal?
where at this moment in CL the same clubs above?

the victory is not necessarily located on legs, but mainly in chests.

No hearts as big as Liverpool

this is an 'i-told-you'  :D

13/3/2005
Owen says:

"Liverpool have got more chance now than Porto did at the same stage last season. Porto weren't fancied, nor were Greece in the European championship, and Liverpool won't be fancied either.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion