It's Time To Go...Rafa - TOPIC CLOSED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:06 am

el_stinger wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:Hopefully it's just the Australian Summer getting to ya or one too many Fosters 

Its very rare that we drink Foster mate, lol. Its mass produced for you Poms. We'd rather a ice COLD Coopers!!  :D

Couldn't give a castlemaineXXXX mate  :p  :p 

:laugh:  :laugh:

Fair enough!!!
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:09 am

s@int wrote:
With regards to this seasons signings i think only Pennant can be described as a failure. Kuyt is a massive improvement on what we had, and Bellamy now his court case is over will show us what he is capable of .

Any chance you can give me the winning lottery numbers for tonight Ace! :D

I was sitting there this afternoon with the missus watching the scores come in...and when he scored i was made up...i thin he is a top player that works his socks off for the team.
I never had any doubts when rafa signed him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:10 am

el_stinger wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Listen up fella...OUT OF THIS HARD TIME LFC WILL RISE.

Here here

.....And HARD times are always closely follwed by a RISE!!!  :p  :laugh:  :laugh:  :oops:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:26 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
el_stinger wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:Hopefully it's just the Australian Summer getting to ya or one too many Fosters 

Its very rare that we drink Foster mate, lol. Its mass produced for you Poms. We'd rather a ice COLD Coopers!!  :D

Couldn't give a castlemaineXXXX mate  :p  :p 

:laugh:  :laugh:

Fair enough!!!

:D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:09 am

it looks like one good result and everyone has forgotten the previous away games this season.

guys even if we now go on an unbeaten run to the end of the season lionheart was right to air his views on rafa based on our early season form. i dont think any of us can understand why we went to long without scoring, we all have our own opinions and i respect lionhheart for airing his views knowing the response he would get.

like i say guys, this one result doesnt make all the other away results ok, they are still very poor results
112-1077774096

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:15 am

peewee wrote:it looks like one good result and everyone has forgotten the previous away games this season.

guys even if we now go on an unbeaten run to the end of the season lionheart was right to air his views on rafa based on our early season form. i dont think any of us can understand why we went to long without scoring, we all have our own opinions and i respect lionhheart for airing his views knowing the response he would get.

like i say guys, this one result doesnt make all the other away results ok, they are still very poor results

True mate, but you have to look into the future and forget about the past, whats done is done and you can't change that, only if you built a time machine which is impossible! Today we won well and its time to get into a winning form to make pressure on chelsea and mancs, i know we won't win the title this year, but we must close the gap.

I won't get too carried away, but i really hope this game gives us a huge boost of confidence in the next upcoming away game
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:18 am

peewee wrote:it looks like one good result and everyone has forgotten the previous away games this season.

Sure they have. And no one doubts that. That's not the issue on this thread. Someone called for the bosses head because he said that Rafa is not up to the task in the Premiership. The general consensus says that he is wrong for saying what he said. It's a knee jerk reaction to make such bold statements, and the response from everyone else on this forum is justified.

Its time to go............this thread!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Soul » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:31 am

I don't think Rafa should go at all. It's a terrible suggestion. In fact, I think that we should dose Rafa's drink with an exotic poison and only give him the antidote when he signs a 20 year contract extension.

Results haven't been brilliant league-wise this season. I think we're all in agreement on that point. It can't be that Rafa can't handle the English game, as he showed us his depth of understanding last season when he bagged us our record Premiership points haul.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because we're smack bang in the middle of an extensive rebuilding process. We've drafted in a large amount of potential first-team players, and that has had an effect upon the balance of the side. It is going to take some time for the new players to integrate themselves into the side. It's going to take time for the players who've been here a while to learn to work with these players. It's going to take time for all of the players to adapt to new systems of play. And it's also going to take time for Rafa to understand the capabilities and strengths of the new players and old players playing within these systems.

Rafa is not putting together a flash-in-the-pan title winning side, a la Blackburn Rovers, by chucking money at it. He building a legacy, as is blatantly obvious by his policy of buying youth players. He's setting us up, not for a smash-and-grab run for the Premiership crown, but for an era of utter dominance. It'd be a shame, a damn shame, if we parted company before Rafa achieved this, and we would be back to square one as his successor tears down what Rafa has built in order to craft the team according to their own tastes.

There is a glaring example of Rafa's understanding of the English game, his shrewd dealing in the transfer market, and his programme of youth investment. One lad has come into the side, possibly playing in one of the toughest, most uncompromising positions in such a fast-paced, physical league. He has integrated seamlessly into the side flawlessly, people are clamouring for him to replace one of our great servants on the field, despite the fact that he's just 21 years of age.

Step forward Daniel Agger.
Red Soul

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:35 am

Red Soul wrote:I don't think Rafa should go at all. It's a terrible suggestion. In fact, I think that we should dose Rafa's drink with an exotic poison and only give him the antidote when he signs a 20 year contract extension.

Results haven't been brilliant league-wise this season. I think we're all in agreement on that point. It can't be that Rafa can't handle the English game, as he showed us his depth of understanding last season when he bagged us our record Premiership points haul.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because we're smack bang in the middle of an extensive rebuilding process. We've drafted in a large amount of potential first-team players, and that has had an effect upon the balance of the side. It is going to take some time for the new players to integrate themselves into the side. It's going to take time for the players who've been here a while to learn to work with these players. It's going to take time for all of the players to adapt to new systems of play. And it's also going to take time for Rafa to understand the capabilities and strengths of the new players and old players playing within these systems.

Rafa is not putting together a flash-in-the-pan title winning side, a la Blackburn Rovers, by chucking money at it. He building a legacy, as is blatantly obvious by his policy of buying youth players. He's setting us up, not for a smash-and-grab run for the Premiership crown, but for an era of utter dominance. It'd be a shame, a damn shame, if we parted company before Rafa achieved this, and we would be back to square one as his successor tears down what Rafa has built in order to craft the team according to their own tastes.

There is a glaring example of Rafa's understanding of the English game, his shrewd dealing in the transfer market, and his programme of youth investment. One lad has come into the side, possibly playing in one of the toughest, most uncompromising positions in such a fast-paced, physical league. He has integrated seamlessly into the side flawlessly, people are clamouring for him to replace one of our great servants on the field, despite the fact that he's just 21 years of age.

Step forward Daniel Agger.

Excellent.i dont really read much but thats well said fella!

GOT A TIP:  Post more....ynwa
66-1120597113

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:40 am

el_stinger wrote:

Sure they have. And no one doubts that. That's not the issue on this thread. Someone called for the bosses head because he said that Rafa is not up to the task in the Premiership. The general consensus says that he is wrong for saying what he said. It's a knee jerk reaction to make such bold statements, and the response from everyone else on this forum is justified.

i know you asked lionheart for his reasons yesterday mate, but one look at the table should have shown you his reason to be fair, no away win and one goal scored should have shown you that something was wrong.

i dont think we can even say rafa is still finding his feet, its his third season, i dont think we can blame new players coming in, that happens every year to every club, in my opinion the blame lies firmly at rafas door with his playing people out of position and not playing a settled side to gain confidence, i also blame his 451 formation early in the season, i blame his hoofing the ball from defence to a loan striker which inevitibly would give the ball straight back to the oposition.

i still think he is the right man for the job, but he has to not be stubborn mate and admit when he has made a mistake with formation or tactics (i know he ships players out when they are not good enough so i know he has it in him).

anyway lets hope we can go onwards and upwards now this season and next season we dont have the same problems, it will be his fourth season so he should have learnt by then, in fact he should have learnt by now
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:44 am

peewee wrote:
el_stinger wrote:

i know you asked lionheart for his reasons yesterday mate, but one look at the table should have shown you his reason to be fair, one away win and one goal scored should have shown you that something was wrong.

i dont think we can even say rafa is still finding his feet, its his third season, i dont think we can blame new players coming in, that happens every year to every club, in my opinion the blame lies firmly at rafas door with his playing people out of position and not playing a settled side to gain confidence, i also blame his 451 formation early in the season, i blame his hoofing the ball from defence to a loan striker which inevitibly would give the ball straight back to the oposition.

i still think he is the right man for the job, but he has to not be stubborn mate and admit when he has made a mistake with formation or tactics (i know he ships players out when they are not good enough so i know he has it in him).

anyway lets hope we can go onwards and upwards now this season and next season we dont have the same problems, it will be his fourth season so he should have learnt by then, in fact he should have learnt by now

So you expected Raffa to be challenging for the title?
66-1120597113

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:48 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
peewee wrote:
el_stinger wrote:

i know you asked lionheart for his reasons yesterday mate, but one look at the table should have shown you his reason to be fair, one away win and one goal scored should have shown you that something was wrong.

i expected us to mount a serious challenge barry, what i didnt expect was such lacklustre displays and no goals from open play away from home. it would have been nice to still be in with a shout of the title at xmas.

so to answer your question i expected us to be challenging for it and not languishing midtable, nearer to the bottom on points than the top
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:05 am

peewee wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:
peewee wrote:
el_stinger wrote:

i expected us to mount a serious challenge barry, what i didnt expect was such lacklustre displays and no goals from open play away from home. it would have been nice to still be in with a shout of the title at xmas.

so to answer your question i expected us to be challenging for it and not languishing midtable, nearer to the bottom on points than the top

So should LFC as a unit then dwell on our poor display!!Nah fella onwards and upwards for LFC!!
66-1120597113

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:19 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
peewee wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:
peewee wrote:
el_stinger wrote:

So should LFC as a unit then dwell on our poor display!!Nah fella onwards and upwards for LFC!!

barry i expect us to move onwards and upwards, but even if we do we will have to look back at the start of this season and say it was very poor, even if we win the league this season it will now be because of others mistakes and not our own brilliance. thats is sad mate, we are having to rely on others to have a major catstrophe for this season to mean anything in the league.

no matter what happens from now, our start has been very poor
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:19 am

peewee wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:
peewee wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:
peewee wrote:
el_stinger wrote:

barry i expect us to move onwards and upwards, but even if we do we will have to look back at the start of this season and say it was very poor, even if we win the league this season it will now be because of others mistakes and not our own brilliance. thats is sad mate, we are having to rely on others to have a major catstrophe for this season to mean anything in the league.

no matter what happens from now, our start has been very poor

I agree ...Id rather father a...yep your right...OK mongoose on here!!

I dont care a slap and a kick always suited me
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion