It's Time To Go...Rafa - TOPIC CLOSED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:28 am

flombs wrote:
peewee wrote:
el_stinger wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Stinker, you remind me of a snotty nose kid who thinks his sh.it doesn't stink (appropriate for you maybe). Careful son, you're ego is showing because it's only a the super ego (read Freud if you don't understnad what I'm talking about) that can't allow another to have an opinion.

Anyway, my time here is done.

uh-huh, how eloquent.

You are beating around the bush, answer the question you started.

Who in your opinion should take over Rafa, since you think he is not the man for the job.

You wanted to argue the point without resorting to name calling etc. "Yeah, as suspected (I'd hoped otherwise) very few can discuss these matters in a mature fashion without descending into personal abuse."

So answer the question.

You already posed that you were going to get flamed, and you did, so back yourself up by stating who you think has got what it takes to take LFC to the title.

If you keep beating around the bush, then you deserve all the sh1t you get!

Answer the question.

you seem very big on asking lionheart reasons for his opinion while at the same time depriving us of your in depth opinion as to why lionheart is wrong.

i am waiting with baited breath for your insightful views (and dont just give us because he has won trophies)

Im glad you brought that question up peewee. Lionhearts question
is very controversial, but was put in a way to not make it sound like a wind up. One poster has decided to go on a crusade against him, 
grow up numbnut and answer peewees question if you think you are so much better.

Its no crusade mate.

Quite a few people on here disagree with Lionhearts comment.

As I said previously, it's easy to call for the manager's head when teams are going through a bad patch. But seriously, a few points off third, still in Europe and all cup comps, most tougher away games already played, we have one of the top tier managers in the world, and we have some people that are calling for his head?

That doesn't make sense to me. So if people want to make such bold claims, back it up with an alternative. Don't just come and make a claim and leave it at that.
Last edited by el_stinger on Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flombs » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:34 am

el_stinger wrote:
flombs wrote:
peewee wrote:
el_stinger wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Stinker, you remind me of a snotty nose kid who thinks his sh.it doesn't stink (appropriate for you maybe). Careful son, you're ego is showing because it's only a the super ego (read Freud if you don't understnad what I'm talking about) that can't allow another to have an opinion.

uh-huh, how eloquent.

Who in your opinion should take over Rafa, since you think he is not the man for the job.

You wanted to argue the point without resorting to name calling etc. "Yeah, as suspected (I'd hoped otherwise) very few can discuss these matters in a mature fashion without descending into personal abuse."

So answer the question.

You already posed that you were going to get flamed, and you did, so back yourself up by stating who you think has got what it takes to take LFC to the title.

Answer the question.

you seem very big on asking lionheart reasons for his opinion while at the same time depriving us of your in depth opinion as to why lionheart is wrong.

i am waiting with baited breath for your insightful views (and dont just give us because he has won trophies)

is very controversial, but was put in a way to not make it sound like a wind up. One poster has decided to go on a crusade against him, 
grow up numbnut and answer peewees question if you think you are so much better.

Its no crusade mate.

As I said previously, it's easy to call for the manager's head when teams are going through a bad patch. But seriously, a few points off third, still in Europe and all cup comps, most tougher away games already played, we have one of the top tier managers in the world, and we have some people that are calling for his head?

That doesn't make sense to me. So if people want to make such bold claims, back it up with an alternative. Don't just come and make a claim and leave it at that.

The guy maybe irrational and upset at what he is seeing at LFC and thought he would post his mind, doesnt mean people have to be rude to him, especially when hes not on a wind up.
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby red37 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:35 am

and all this before we even kick-off....wtf is it going to be like after 5 o'clock.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:06 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I'm not goin g to launch into the tirade I would normally, as Lionheart has made it quite clear he doesn't like me to.

I will be diplomatic:

I totally, wholeheartedly and absolutely disagree 5,000%.

Rafa is the best manager in the World, and his record proves that.

We are 2 points off 3rd place at the begining of December, we are through to the knockout stages of the Champions' League, and we're still in every competition we have entered.

1 Big ears, 1 FA Cup, our record points haul, our record-breaking runs, the Super Cup and Charity Sheild earn Rafa the right to time.

And I honestly cannot see any other logical step.

well said !man :laugh: ........excellant!! :buttrock  :buttrock
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:11 am

red37 wrote:and all this before we even kick-off....wtf is it going to be like after 5 o'clock.

Err....... Suicidal I better not have a bevvie or the cats getting it, errr....... I havent even got a cat  :lookaround
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:28 am

I disagree entirely with the Rafa has to go bit, but I can see where you have gotten the opinion he doesn't really know as much as he needs to about the English game. It's to be expected as he's only been here two and half years and we're much better than what we were when Rafa first arrived.
67-1161385641

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:33 pm

People that state that Raffa should go are in every sense of the word'WRONG'

To me its the attitude of a spoilt child...'I want that and i want it now'!

Well tough fuc.cking sh.ite..much as we all want it we can kiss bye bye to the league for the short term.
What Mr Benitez is doing is building a steady foundation for the future...it would be easy to spend money on quick fix solutions to bring instant relief from our 'troubles'!

That is not and never will be the style of the man...His signings suggest that he has a game plan ie most are young and can be manipulated to his style!

Along the way he will make mistakes a prominant one in my mind being Bellamy,thats OK hes human!
We all as human beings need to make mistakes to LEARN...what Raffa is doing!

How many managers cross to a different culture,style of football and succeed instantly??

Personally i think its time to lay off the manager..look at our teamsheet against Portsmouth last game.Any manager in the world would have expected that team to totally eat Pompey in every department..the players yet again did not put the work in!

In my honest heartfelt opinion i think our biggest problem is that most of our players are not tough or physical enough to compete in games where we cannot 'outfootball' the opposition...we dont need to get a new manager.

Its simple our players need to roll up there sleeves and start fuc.king taking games and teams by the throat to win!

Benitez will prove a lot wrong...after what he has done it turns my guts to hear this cr@p!

Patience is needed and common sense!
66-1120597113

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:42 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Personally i think its time to lay off the manager..look at our teamsheet against Portsmouth last game.Any manager in the world would have expected that team to totally eat Pompey in every department..the players yet again did not put the work in!

Why didn't the players put the work in ? If the players are purposely not playing to their full potential....then doesn't it say a lot of what they think of rafa's management ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:50 pm

You lot are talking nonense you remeber that Rafa has not had the time Houllier had and yet in this tim what had Houllier won?

Wait till the investment comes in. Speakin o which read my post in the thread below, Dubai holdings are the buyers........
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:00 pm

Rafa will come good, give him another 2 seasons and thing will (have) to change.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:00 pm

Like most when i seen the thread title i thought it would either be something sarcastic or mean something different.
Lionheart you usually post decent stuff and always give reasons behind your posts, so i'll put this down to you being bevvied or having a temporary leave of your senses.
Rafa in his short time at the club has worked an absolute miracle.
He has get rid of so much deadwood that he was left with, and won major trophies while he was doing it.
He has proved tactically he can compete with the best time and again and last season he gave us our record premiership points total.
We are all disappointed with the way we have started this season in the league, but look at the fixtures we have already played (i sound like a broken record here :D )
We have already played Arsenal United Chelsea Everton and Bolton away. we got f'ck all which isnt good enough and i am sure rafa knows he has made some mistakes. But our manager is someone who studies every aspect of the game so thoroughly that he wont be making the same mistakes again.
With regards to this seasons signings i think only Pennant can be described as a failure. Kuyt is a massive improvement on what we had, and Bellamy now his court case is over will show us what he is capable of.
We will be in the top 3 within the next couple of weeks...before christmas and have been great in the champions league.
Rafa is doing an unbelievable job, he may make mistakes but he will prove any doubters wrong.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:01 pm

Rafa to stay...He will get it right.

If anyone is to go, it has to be Luis Garcia.

In the game against Man City, the player made mistake after mistake.
Gerrard was losing his patience with him.
And Garcia gracing the no. 10 shirt?
That no. 10 shirt should be left vacant untill Benitez finds somone with the skill and intelligence to wear the Johhny Barnes shirt. Even Barnes in his mid 40's would do a better job now.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:03 pm

flombs wrote:
el_stinger wrote:
flombs wrote:
peewee wrote:
el_stinger wrote:

uh-huh, how eloquent.

So answer the question.

Answer the question.

Its no crusade mate.

The guy maybe irrational and upset at what he is seeing at LFC and thought he would post his mind, doesnt mean people have to be rude to him, especially when hes not on a wind up.

Big deal, he expected it.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:34 pm

With regards to this seasons signings i think only Pennant can be described as a failure. Kuyt is a massive improvement on what we had, and Bellamy now his court case is over will show us what he is capable of .

Any chance you can give me the winning lottery numbers for tonight Ace! :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:45 pm

Well, I certainly disagree 100% with the notion that Rafa's not the man to lead us to league glory.  For me, the key evidence against that idea has already been presented: our record points haul last season.  Clearly he got to grips with the league last season.

The response to that point seems to be "what has he done for us lately?"  But, to me, there's no logic in that response.  First of all, it's too soon.  We haven't even gotten through a whole season yet so how can we meaningfully compare this season to last?  We'd want to know that last season was the abberation not this one right?  Otherwise, we'd be bombing out a top-notch manager on the basis of one disappointing 3-month spell...hardly the Liverpool way.

Second, this approach could be applied right down the line.  Sure, Gerrard was phenomenal for us last season but he's been well below par this season.  Must not really have come to grips with how to play in the Premiership, right?  Carragher's been short on form, too.  Maybe it's time he walked away?  The argument just doesn't make sense.  The quality with these lads is there for all to see and Rafa's no different.  You don't get shut of your best people on the basis of what, in reality, is a short-term run of disappointing results.

I'm sorry, mate.  I understand the disappointment, the frustration and the feeling of helplessness.  I do.  But, if you can't see what a gem we have in Rafa, I think the problem lies with your expectations more than with his management style.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion