It's Time To Go...Rafa - TOPIC CLOSED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:21 am

I expected to read something much more informed from an established member like Lionheart on here than what is in this thread. Caling for Rafa to go after two and a bit seasons in charge is not going to move the club forward. As Jonnymac said Rafa is in the top bracket of world-class managers so why let him go just because we've had a poor start to the season??
Hiding behind the tough away fixture list we've had isn't gonna ultimately deliver the title but it is a fact we've had the hardest start to the season of at least the top four from last year if not the league.

Lionheart

What have we won this year?? What are we likely to win this year?? Yes, we might still be in the loop but it sure as hell doesn't seem too likely.

If you mean the calendar year then you might have forgotten that sunny may afternoon at the former cardiff arms park (whats it called now?? I should know this seeing as Liverpool have played there on THREE times since senor Benitez arrived) when we picked up the old FA Cup or that sunday in august when we outplayed the reigning champions and most "pundits" champions elect to win a nice bit of silverware for thge sideboard. Okay this may not be what we all crave but just how many managers in world football would have ben able to move us back to a position where we could realistically believe we were in with a shout of the title after the mess Houllier left at his departure (in terms of playing staff and all round morale)?
If you mean this season then what has anybody other than US won???

Unlike yourself Lionheart I firmly believe that the manager has been let down by the players, new and established. It's been mentioned on here umpteen times about the loss of form of Carra, Stevie, Alonso, Reina, Sami and Finnan. I'd like to see any team in world football that could cope with so many major players being off of their game play against so many high profile opponents away from home and still be on a charge to the top of the table. The fact remains that a certain element of luck is required to win the league and we just ain't had any of it.

If you don't give a toss about last season then I guess those 18 seasons dotted about through the past 114 years when we've won the title aren't THAT important either. This is a bit close to being a personal attack on your goodself Lionheart and I don't like stooping to those levels so please don't see it that way, I'm just pointing out why I disagree with you by such a margin that scientific boffins haven't invented a unit of measurement big enough  :D .

Rafael Benitez will - given the time, support and unfortunately in this age of football the MONEY - bring the title back to Liverpool FC. I'm sure that when that day comes you'll be big enough to admit you were wrong in posting this thread.
(and yes I'll be big enough to admit I was wrong if god forbid things happen to go tads up but I have that much faith in Rafa that I just don't see that happening).

Hopefully it's just the Australian Summer getting to ya or one too many Fosters  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:24 am

peewee wrote:
el_stinger wrote:
Lionheart wrote:I know I'll get slammed and flamed for this but I think there is no alternative but for Rafa to go. He can't be enjoying himself and he must be begging for the quiet life in Spain or Italy (in comparrison to England).

Rafa just can't seem to come to terms with the English game. He's fine for the Europe matches but be it the pace or intensity of the English game, he just can't seem to manage it. I don't believe it's a lack of playing personnel as the Liverpool lineup is something another coach would drool over.

While the away game scenario is becoming quite comical if it wasn't so depressing and humiliating. Heaven knows how the players, and Rafa, must be feeling.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rafa is a brilliant tactician but not at the English game.

I think we need an English coach or at least someone with a proven English record.

A typical response from a typical Australian Bandwagon Supporter!!

I bet you went for Sydney last year, and now your a West Coast fan this year!

:no

Think before you post mate, your an absolute embarrassment!

i dont think there is any reason for that mate, he is just giving an opinion, he is not ranting or being abusive, and he also gives his reasons. maybe you an also give a reason why you disagree, or do you just disagree because he is australian?

Its uncalled for making another thread on this issue.

To simply call for the managers head by suggesting results away from home are satisfactorily enough to warrant his dismissal is embarrassing.

Since he is a fellow Aussie, there are many bandwagon supporters who float from team to team in this country, and whatever respect you had from me Lionheart has flown out the window with a stupid comment like that. Especially if you say that you have been a fan for more than 40 years. You should know better to back your boss, than call for his head.

I completely disagree with your comment, and if you take offense to it, then thats your problem. If you want to state your opinion, then I'm doing the same.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:27 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Hopefully it's just the Australian Summer getting to ya or one too many Fosters  :D

Its very rare that we drink Foster mate, lol. Its mass produced for you Poms. We'd rather a ice COLD Coopers!!  :D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:42 am

Well if everyone is gonna be reserved i might as well follow suit!

Lionheart thats a fuc.king terrible post and i think it thouroghly contributes to a point i made a while back,i got banned for 'attacking' clueless Australians..you are an adolescent of my point!

You cannot grasp the fact that Raffa has actually got a brain?

Ok we have been poor...who to blame?manager?players?....either way its cool!

LISTEN THIS IS LFC WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE...NOT the Melbourne Mangos...its
not a wee thing we can laugh at!Listen up fella...OUT OF THIS HARD TIME LFC WILL RISE.

SACK RAFFA MY AR>SE...Morelike ban clueless idiots

Fans?
66-1120597113

Postby el_stinger » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:54 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Listen up fella...OUT OF THIS HARD TIME LFC WILL RISE.

Here here
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:03 am

Yeah, as suspected (I'd hoped otherwise) very few can discuss these matters in a mature fashion without descending into personal abuse.

Maybe I'm just too old for this forum. I'll toddle off to my nursing home now and support from the telly.

(Thanks Lando for at least making your point rationally and clearly. I knew you had it in you. :D )

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:07 am

Lionheart wrote:Yeah, as suspected (I'd hoped otherwise) very few can discuss these matters in a mature fashion without descending into personal abuse.

Maybe I'm just too old for this forum. I'll toddle off to my nursing home now and support from the telly.

(Thanks Lando for at least making your point rationally and clearly. I knew you had it in you. :D )

Well, you said there is NO alternative BUT to get rid of Rafa.

Ok, now you've stated that, and given reasons (albeit very thinly and extremist) so who do you think IS the alternative?

Back yourself
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:15 am

Lionheart wrote:Yeah, as suspected (I'd hoped otherwise) very few can discuss these matters in a mature fashion without descending into personal abuse.

Shake lando by the left ball all ya want...your post was SH>ITE and you should really expect this cause you know fuc.k all about football...play cricket  :D

Im messin lad i dont care about cricket but i will not sit by and watch an innocent of LFC evolution complain,yap and, gurn to the extent of getting Raffa out!

ITS FAR FROM THE TIME TO PANIC....WE ARE LFC!
66-1120597113

Postby Lionheart » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:15 am

I have no doubt LFC will rise again. Barry, I share your optimism and having supported LFC for 40+ years, even if we DON'T win anything in the next 40 years, I'll still be here (but probably not, I'll be sitting up there watching from above....but SUPPORTING none the less!!!!).

Rushie, I didn't say all the magnificent victories in the past didn't matter (I really object when people try and put words in your mouth), I said in terms of victories this year....last year wasn't important, BECAUSE a team is only as good as their last game. That doesn't mean I'm not 100% LFC. As I said, those victories give me bragging rites with my mates, gives me a sense of history of the great club I support, etc. But in the 2006-2007 season (not calendar year) we have still to put the runs on the board.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.   :D

Stinger.....I'm not going to stoop to your level sunshine, so flail away matey!!!

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:23 am

Lionheart wrote:I have no doubt LFC will rise again. Barry, I share your optimism and having supported LFC for 40+ years, even if we DON'T win anything in the next 40 years, I'll still be here (but probably not, I'll be sitting up there watching from above....but SUPPORTING none the less!!!!).

Rushie, I didn't say all the magnificent victories in the past didn't matter (I really object when people try and put words in your mouth), I said in terms of victories this year....last year wasn't important, BECAUSE a team is only as good as their last game. That doesn't mean I'm not 100% LFC. As I said, those victories give me bragging rites with my mates, gives me a sense of history of the great club I support, etc. But in the 2006-2007 season (not calendar year) we have still to put the runs on the board.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.   :D

Stinger.....I'm not going to stoop to your level sunshine, so flail away matey!!!

So hold on to i build you a time machine ffs!

Listen fella!! Much as our history is great we cannot leap in the pouch of a kangaroo nor would we want to!

All your sack Raffa shi.te made me sick...argue all ya want yer a dogs ar,se in my mind!

or a wittchety grub! :laugh:

dwb
66-1120597113

Postby el_stinger » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:28 am

Lionheart wrote:Stinger.....I'm not going to stoop to your level sunshine, so flail away matey!!!

Just as I suspected, you got nothing! You made a stupid comment and you can't back yourself up. LOL. What a joke!! If you knew you were going to get flamed, then you should have come prepared.

I'm so thankful that people likeminded to your views have no bearing or say in the running of the club. Rafa has probably got more than 95% of fans backing him, he has 100% backing from the players and 100% backing from the board of directors, so you tell me matey, who is the odd one out here?

Tell us all who you think the alternative is? Come on, enlighten us.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:33 am

BarryBelfast wrote:or a wittchety grub! :laugh:

dont even go there.... im still retching from the kangaroo anus! - f**king terrible. Me and the missus had just had a Chinky as well   :angry:  the bast@rds

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby el_stinger » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:34 am

red37 wrote:

dont even go there.... im still retching from the kangaroo anus! - f**king terrible. Me and the missus had just had a Chinky as well   :angry:  the bast@rds

why would you eat a kangaroo anus? LOL
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:36 am

el_stinger wrote:
red37 wrote:

why would you eat a kangaroo anus? LOL

no way! f**kin ar5eholes would i  -  it was on  "Im a New-kitter....Get me outta here!"

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:40 am

Id rather eat kangaroo anus than listen to a :censored:.ing clueless australian tellin us about LFC...shut up lionheart!
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion