It's rafa's fault thread - No debate!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Over 6 million quid has been made on players for the transfere window and not a penny of it is allowed to be spent. That's Rafa's fault.

that's a blessing, don't let him anywhere near money!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:59 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Erm hang on a sec now will yous , whos this Iris, an how come im getting it in the neck here , An Kev are you defamating my character here , secret meetings  an the like :laugh:

Google Iris Robinson.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Over 6 million quid has been made on players for the transfere window and not a penny of it is allowed to be spent. That's Rafa's fault.

that's a blessing, don't let him anywhere near money!

How is it a blessing?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:07 pm

want me to list the players hes brought when hes had money?

Lets just hold back on the funds until the next guy takes over :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:09 pm

dawson99 wrote:want me to list the players hes brought when hes had money?

Been done to death already, but make me a list of the players he's brought in and made a loss on. That would be a better and more fair assessment. But God forbid Rafa is allowed any actual money to actually find us another world class player.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:14 pm

yeah god forbid hes allowed, 20 million on aquilani, sign a player when we are skint who will be injured for 4 months...
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:yeah god forbid hes allowed, 20 million on aquilani, sign a player when we are skint who will be injured for 4 months...

So what would you have instead? Sign no player at all when there was a gaping chasm in midfield? Or, go out and sign someone like Jimmy Bullard? It wasn't 20 million BTW. That's just a lovely round figure the media love to slap on everything because it sounds more pricey. Anyway, in a couple of months, people might, just might, be talking up Aquilani as being a fantastic player and well worth the coin spent. Na, they might actually be talking about him being a snip at 17 million odd just like Alonso was a snip at 10 million.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:21 pm

might might might

at the moment he looks like a 5 million risk. and yeah, save the money for when there is someone fit healthy and worthy. dont waste all the money on one crock who just might always be injured. it was a poor move by Rafa, simple as.

As for Alonso, yeah, brilliant move, brilliant business, then annoy the guy so much he wants to leave!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

Been done to death already, but make me a list of the players he's brought in and made a loss on. That would be a better and more fair assessment. But God forbid Rafa is allowed any actual money to actually find us another world class player.

Its not a case of whether he eventually made money or lost it on a player, the important thing is how many points we lost while he was deciding that the player wasn't up to the job, and the opportunities we have lost to bring someone in who was actually good enough to improve us.
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Alonso has said nothing as a fact that Benitez was his sole reason for leaving us. Again, that's just a spin in the press, and anyway, regardless of whether or not it was or wasn't Rafa's error, you name me a single manager in the league, or past or present, that hasn't made mistakes with players, or had a falling out with one. It's just if Benitez does it, he's the biggest, most clueless w"nker on the planet, when with the likes of Fergie or Wenger, they are men of steel; they are not to be f*cked with. Right. Anyway, Alonso was Spanish, homesick and had Madrid calling. He was here five years, and players move on. We take it on the chin and carry on likewise. Or at least we should. It's also interesting that as soon as some of our players lose a bit of form, they are suddenly gash, and the manager has wasted copious amounts of cash.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:31 pm

so the manager hasnt wasted copius amounts of cash?
Look, Birmingham are beating Manure and we'll be lucky to finish top 6... will anyone stay after that?
Too many poor buys, too many tactical errors, its all pish and all gash
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:32 pm

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Its not a case of whether he eventually made money or lost it on a player, the important thing is how many points we lost while he was deciding that the player wasn't up to the job, and the opportunities we have lost to bring someone in who was actually good enough to improve us.

Well, that's just not down to the pondering over signing a certain player. I feel the team as a whole, and the manager's decisions are why we have as many points now as we currently do. Oh, and bad luck too. Far too many variables to single out any one single cause.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:so the manager hasnt wasted copius amounts of cash?
Look, Birmingham are beating Manure and we'll be lucky to finish top 6... will anyone stay after that?

No, because on average, Rafa's net has only been roughly 16 million a year. Peanuts for a club such as ours.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:so the manager hasnt wasted copius amounts of cash?

No, because on average, Rafa's net has only been roughly 16 million a year. Peanuts for a club such as ours.

dosnt excuse the fact that he still spends very poorly a lot of the time. We could/should have a better squad than the one we have with the amount of money spent since Rafa arrived at the club
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Rafas net? I dont care about the net, all that tells me is he keeps buying and selling so that the team never gels. How many strikers have we gotten through compared to any other club? Fecking shedloads...
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion