It's rafa's fault thread - No debate!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:58 pm

roberto green wrote:
s@int wrote:I believe we have the players to be challenging for the league...... just not the manager to accomplish it. We need someone to give the players confidence in their ability and mold them into a team that fights for every point rather than a team who's heads drop at the first setback.

For too long now we have accepted second best and now people no longer even believe we have the players :no  ...... our "next season we will win the league" has become as much a joke as "this time next year we will be millionaires".

Our blips become bliiiiips our players loss of form lasts too long and we need inspiration not persperation. We need fresh impetus, and the cheapest easiest solution is to bring in a manager who can get the best out of the players we have rather than moaning about the players we might have had if only he had another couple of hundred million.

You may of just converted me

:cool:

im watching you Kev :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:59 pm

If Insua is just decent and Carra ragged, and Johnson dodgy, and Lucas not good enough to get in a Birmingham eleven and Riera and Benayoun 'average' and Kuyt woefully inept, and Ngog a mile off the pace and the remainder pretty good or outstanding but generally injured or struggling form, have we had enough to be challenging for the league?

They're not my views but it just strikes me that people talk as if we should be challenging all the while rating our squad as distinctly average. It doesn't add up.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:01 pm

LFC2007 wrote:If Insua is just decent and Carra ragged, and Johnson dodgy, and Lucas not good enough to get in a Birmingham eleven and Riera and Benayoun 'average' and Kuyt woefully inept, and Ngog a mile off the pace and the remainder pretty good or outstanding but generally injured or struggling form, have we had enough to be challenging for the league?

They're not my views but it just strikes me that people talk as if we should be challenging all the while rating our squad as distinctly average. It doesn't add up.

Bingo!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:02 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
roberto green wrote:
s@int wrote:I believe we have the players to be challenging for the league...... just not the manager to accomplish it. We need someone to give the players confidence in their ability and mold them into a team that fights for every point rather than a team who's heads drop at the first setback.

For too long now we have accepted second best and now people no longer even believe we have the players :no  ...... our "next season we will win the league" has become as much a joke as "this time next year we will be millionaires".

Our blips become bliiiiips our players loss of form lasts too long and we need inspiration not persperation. We need fresh impetus, and the cheapest easiest solution is to bring in a manager who can get the best out of the players we have rather than moaning about the players we might have had if only he had another couple of hundred million.

You may of just converted me

:cool:

im watching you Kev :nod

No Rafa's still the man.

Sorry Nanny

:kungfu:

:D
roberto green

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:If Insua is just decent and Carra ragged, and Johnson dodgy, and Lucas not good enough to get in a Birmingham eleven and Riera and Benayoun 'average' and Kuyt woefully inept, and Ngog a mile off the pace and the remainder pretty good or outstanding but generally injured or struggling form, have we had enough to be challenging for the league?

Bingo!

agreed!
who brought this pish! lol

(ncie to see we've had an actual conversation, no swearing, no bitterness. just different views being explained.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 pm

And yet last season we challenged for the title with those players ? (excluding Johnson).
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:06 pm

s@int wrote:

And yet last season we challenged for the title with those players ? (excluding Johnson).

Correct.
LFC2007

Postby fivecups » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:12 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
fivecups wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Daws just give in to Saint an let him have his evil way with you an everything will be fine, :laugh:

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion Nanny 

:laugh: ive got a younger model now Saint ive got Kev Costna :nod cant be doing with yous oldies anymore,

"Are you Iris in disguise?"

Whos Iris :laugh:

Northern Ireland first minister's highly devout and judgemental wife, aged 59. In one of the biggest political sex scandals in NI's history she has been exposed for having an affair with a 19 year old kid.

You have to give him 50 grand to start a business if you want him Nan.  :D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Alonso was the key to everything, obviously. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:14 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Correct.

Imo its the players that ARE NOT contributing that are costing us. Players like Degan, Dossena, Babel, Voronin etc. If they were playing their part (or good enough) maybe injuries/loss of form wouldn't have been such a big factor this season.

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Alonso was the key to everything, obviously. :D

More like the loss of Gareth Barry  :D

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Barry isn't a patch on Alonso...it's all Rafa's fault (wait, it kinda is in this case). :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:19 pm

In bulk here at fivecups :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:21 pm

i blame Rafa for making me watch 2 girls and a cup
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:21 pm

fivecups wrote:"Are you Iris in disguise?"

Whos Iris :laugh:[/quote]

Northern Ireland first minister's highly devout and judgemental wife, aged 59. In one of the biggest political sex scandals in NI's history she has been exposed for having an affair with a 19 year old kid.

You have to give him 50 grand to start a business if you want him Nan.  :D[/quote]
:laugh:

Brilliant that!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion