It's rafa's fault thread - No debate!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Even the tongue in cheek thread has to turn into a Rafa bashing thread.

:no
roberto green

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 pm

It's Rafa's fault we 'spunked' the league last year. It's also his fault we were 'very lucky' to finish with as many points as we did.

Work that one out.
LFC2007

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:42 pm

dawson99 wrote:Rafas net? I dont care about the net, all that tells me is he keeps buying and selling so that the team never gels. How many strikers have we gotten through compared to any other club? Fecking shedloads...

Ok Daws ,i honestly don't know the answer to this , so lets go through the strikers that benitez has signed whilst in charge and we'll compare it to the other 3 yes.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:42 pm

LFC2007 wrote:It's Rafa's fault we 'spunked' the league last year. It's also his fault we were 'very lucky' to finish with as many points as we did.

Work that one out.

so when we do real well we praise Rafa, when we do real bad we blame the owners and the players?

:wwww

we've lost it, its been happening for years tho. our spine goes if there is even one injury. we have one striker on the books. its just po-or and all you rose tinted fans cant see it

its rafas fault that you guys cant open your eyes and see our predicament. when we dont even finish with a europa league place at the end of the season we'll see what happens
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Rafas net? I dont care about the net, all that tells me is he keeps buying and selling so that the team never gels. How many strikers have we gotten through compared to any other club? Fecking shedloads...

Ok Daws ,i honestly don't know the answer to this , so lets go through the strikers that benitez has had whilst in charge and we'll compare it to the other 3 yes.

ok, cool :)

wheres owzat when we need him?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:so the manager hasnt wasted copius amounts of cash?
Look, Birmingham are beating Manure and we'll be lucky to finish top 6... will anyone stay after that?
Too many poor buys, too many tactical errors, its all pish and all gash

No, because on average, Rafa's net has only been roughly 16 million a year. Peanuts for a club such as ours.

dosnt excuse the fact that he still spends very poorly a lot of the time. We could/should have a better squad than the one we have with the amount of money spent since Rafa arrived at the club

To get rid of more or less the vast majority of the squad he had when he took over, while Machester United, and especially Chelsea more or less had a blank cheque book to use to spend at will, while maintaining and eventually keeping up enough to come so close to the title that we should have won it, and picking up the odd trophy along the way (should have won at least two more cups) and getting to a few big finals, for me, this is not spending poorly. If he'd spent poorly, we'd be relegation fodder by now, and we would't have the current core (including Xabi) of the type of calbre of players we have runnind gown the spin of the first team. Let's not forget that Gerrard would have been a Chelsea player by now if we hadn't won the CL in 2005. How people have such short memories. Imagine a LFC side today without our captain. Wouldn't we be well f*cked?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:want me to list the players hes brought when hes had money?

Lets just hold back on the funds until the next guy takes over :D

Been done to death already, but make me a list of the players he's brought in and made a loss on. That would be a better and more fair assessment. But God forbid Rafa is allowed any actual money to actually find us another world class player.

Its not a case of whether he eventually made money or lost it on a player, the important thing is how many points we lost while he was deciding that the player wasn't up to the job, and the opportunities we have lost to bring someone in who was actually good enough to improve us.

Well, that's just not down to the pondering over signing a certain player. I feel the team as a whole, and the manager's decisions are why we have as many points now as we currently do. Oh, and bad luck too. Far too many variables to single out any one single cause.

He's hung on to Babel for 3 seasons now in the vain hope that a  £11.5million flop with attitude problems will suddenly transform into a world beater. Dossena is another that has cost us points, if he had been half as good as his price tag we might have actually won something last season rather than finishing with nothing yet again.

So called "freebies" like Voronin and Degan who take up squad places, cost a fortune in wages and contribute NOTHING to the team. 

Yeah lets thank the manager for getting us to 7th in the table..... where would we be but for Rafa nd his "sound" investments.

I remember when he first came and he said the first buy by a manager sets the tone for his whole reign.......then he bought Josemi  :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm

other teams dont have to sell first team players to replace first team players do they? as for ur comment on birmingham beatin manure..... forgotten our result have ya?

ffs, is there a single thread without some moanin whingin cunt hijackin it an turnin it into a one thread forum?

and we're credited with 'knowledgeable fans'. i guess we had them at one time, but they dont seem to come here too often. may jus need a 'holiday' meself b4 i upset one of hte whingers too much
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm

LFC2007 wrote:It's Rafa's fault we 'spunked' the league last year. It's also his fault we were 'very lucky' to finish with as many points as we did.

Work that one out.

4b+8c+1a+7c+2b=RAFA'S FAULT

:D
roberto green

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Crouch, Torres, Keane , Bellamy ,Fowler , N,gog ,Vorinin, Kuyt Who else lash , there's obviously loads i've missed ah another one morientes . Luis Garcia (technically a midfielder bu hey ho ) Who else ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:49 pm

diouf?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:50 pm

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:want me to list the players hes brought when hes had money?

Lets just hold back on the funds until the next guy takes over :D

Been done to death already, but make me a list of the players he's brought in and made a loss on. That would be a better and more fair assessment. But God forbid Rafa is allowed any actual money to actually find us another world class player.

Its not a case of whether he eventually made money or lost it on a player, the important thing is how many points we lost while he was deciding that the player wasn't up to the job, and the opportunities we have lost to bring someone in who was actually good enough to improve us.

Well, that's just not down to the pondering over signing a certain player. I feel the team as a whole, and the manager's decisions are why we have as many points now as we currently do. Oh, and bad luck too. Far too many variables to single out any one single cause.

He's hung on to Babel for 3 seasons now in the vain hope that a  £11.5million flop with attitude problems will suddenly transform into a world beater. Dossena is another that has cost us points, if he had been half as good as his price tag we might have actually won something last season rather than finishing with nothing yet again.

So called "freebies" like Voronin and Degan who take up squad places, cost a fortune in wages and contribute NOTHING to the team. 

Yeah lets thank the manager for getting us to 7th in the table..... where would we be but for Rafa nd his "sound" investments.

I remember when he first came and he said the first buy by a manager sets the tone for his whole reign.......then he bought Josemi  :laugh:

Again, bar one summer or two, when has the manager been allowed to spend on average the net of 20 million for the likes of another Torres, Villa, a class winger like Silva. All these players cost at least 20 million, and they are the kind of player Liverpool FC require. I'd say you have to take the odd punt at 7 million pound players, and freebee's like Voronin. Are you trying to tell me if Benitez was given the funds, we wouldn't have another world class striker at this club? Or a world class winger like Ribery? You'd have to be mad for saying no. Jose got the players HE wanted because he had the funds there to spunk at will. Fergie likewise. We haven't had. That's the difference.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:50 pm

dawson99 wrote:diouf?

GH wernt it?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:51 pm

dawson99 wrote:diouf?

Houllier mate.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:53 pm

rafa sent him on loan? so he was still on our books when he was here lol, but ok, leave him out... so:

Crouch
Torres
Keane
Bellamy
Fowler
N,gog
Vorinin
Kuyt
morientes
Cisse
dawson99