It's over to you gerard.. - The board want houllier to resign

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby THEBARON » Fri May 21, 2004 5:29 pm

Just read a piece in the Mirror which suggested that the Liverpool Board would like Gerard Houllier to do the honourable thing and resign !
This would enable the board to continue their long established tradition of not sacking managers.
This explains why there has been no real comment from anyone in the corridors of power at Anfield over the future of GH.
Whether you back Houllier or not he deserves better treatment  than this.
Yet again an example of the indecision and ineptitude amongst the men in control.
Back him or sack him ! There is too much speculation about us at the moment. We need stability and strong leadership .
THEBARON

Postby greenred » Fri May 21, 2004 5:58 pm

It would be disgraceful of them to do that.He obviously doesnt want to go and thats his decision.If they want him out they have to sack him.That "no sacking policy" is bollox any way.What sort of company is unable to sack its employees? This is 2004 for Christ sake.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Fri May 21, 2004 7:07 pm

agree, i read the mirror also and the look on houlliers face on the back page said it all, as much as i want rid of houllier i wish they would do properly.
jack66

Postby 84-1083280474 » Fri May 21, 2004 9:51 pm

is this the same mirror paper that posted fake pics of british troops?
enough said
84-1083280474

Postby Woollyback » Fri May 21, 2004 11:00 pm

Wonder if they could knock one up of Gary Neville with a girlfriend? Or perhaps one of Dwight Yorke WITHOUT a page 3 "stunna" on each arm?  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 21, 2004 11:43 pm

Liverpool have scaked just ONE manager in their history (50's ) and lets face it they haven't had the need to for the vast majority of seasons since then.

However if they are unhappy with GH's performance as manager they need to do the decent thing and bring the matter to a  conclusion. Whatever you think of GH he obviously cares passionatly about this club and its patently obvious he wants to stay.

Long silences and no comments often speak much more than "Board backs the manager" type statements and anyone with hole in their a*** can see its the end of the road.

Its needs a speedy decision and closure................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat May 22, 2004 12:38 am

Yep,they should do the decent thing.Theres no shame for a football manager in getting the sack(its happened to legends) and its not like he wont be able to pay the mortgage.Its obvious they want him out so put the poor bloke out of his misery.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 22, 2004 12:49 am

There's also nothing stopping GH from admitting he's done all he can for us and walking away. Arguably he should've done that a while ago, but he could still do it now and retain some of his pride. I want a new manager but GH is a decent, honest bloke and I wouldn't want to see him sacked.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat May 22, 2004 1:10 am

He is also very stuborn!! but as we know pride comes before a fall?  if he wont go then he may need a push? thats if this board of ours have the guts to do it! or are they all afraid of upseting mr moores? ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat May 22, 2004 1:27 am

Woollyback wrote:There's also nothing stopping GH from admitting he's done all he can for us and walking away. Arguably he should've done that a while ago, but he could still do it now and retain some of his pride. I want a new manager but GH is a decent, honest bloke and I wouldn't want to see him sacked.

Would it be a question of money? Fired and he gets his contract paid up,resign and he gets nothing.I hope thats not the problem.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 22, 2004 3:47 am

How can the board say to GH do the honourable thing, when they have no honour themselves.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion