It's incredible really, - The lack of reaction on here.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rockthekop » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Great result last night, thanks to the fans, the referee and a bit of luck.  We beat a top team who hadn't lost in 5/6 months but tbh I thought they were very poor last night.  The sending off didn't help but prior to that they weren't offering much of a threat anyway.   

I was perplexed by Rafa's decision to play Kuyt on the right when Pennant was on the bench.  He then replaced Babel with Pennant and moved Kuyt to the left which was a strange move.  Of course Kuyt scored which had me really confused but that was tactical genius so I'm led to believe :D It's ironic that our worst striker scores with a deflection to buy Rafa more time. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted for Kuyt and the result but it doesn't change my opinion that Rafa isn't the man to take us forward in the league.  In Europe he's a fantastic manager, in the league he could be if he was more orthodox.  Sadly he's too stubborn!
Rockthekop

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:04 pm

The lack of reaction on here when we beat Inter Milan, it's incredible really  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:53 pm

LFC2007 wrote:The lack of reaction on here when we beat Inter Milan, it's incredible really  :laugh:

:wwww I don't know mate I think we are onto page 73 on the match thread last I looked, and rightly so. I actually said on this thread about ten pages back, my point in the thread starter was not that the likes of yourself, Sabre, Lando and other poeple who have consistently supported Rafa had gone missing, it was more to do with the lack of posters who were outraged. Did it actually mean that such results had become the norm? accepted and expected?

I guess aside from the jubilation felt around the globe at the result the other night, the other thing which will happen is the the age old can of worms about how good the team actually is will be opened up. If we can beat the team which leads the Italian League by eleven points so comprehensively the argument goes, how come we are unable to comfortably finish at least fourth in the League? If in two league matches with Chelsea we are able to prove we are more than their equal, why are they disappearing over the horizon in our domestic competition?

The one which I love is this one. If Rafa is a genius for getting us over the line against Milan (which I'm not for a second disputing BTW), then how come the defeat against Barnsley three days over is nothing to do with him?  :D 

It has to be said that such is the brilliance of Benitez in Europe, it really will be a crying shame if our performances in the Premiership means that we can't get in the first four and contest the Champions League next season. Hopefully though we'll get there.

If and when we do, it'll be the brilliance of the manager again I should think, just like the 2-0 win over Inter was, but not the 2-1 defeat by Barnsley which was down to the players of course. The 2-0 was nothing to do with the captain, the bloke who thinks about only himself and if he doesn't like it he can feck off. What's that, a goal in the last five European games they said on the telly? So what, sort that body language out mate  :D

Fair play to Rafa and the boys though, brilliant result on the night   :bowdown
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:20 pm

The one which I love is this one. If Rafa is a genius for getting us over the line against Milan (which I'm not for a second disputing BTW), then how come the defeat against Barnsley three days over is nothing to do with him?  :D 

Victorys and defeats have to be put down to both the players and the manager. Against barnsley the chances were created and only one was taken. My point was that rafa cannot be blamed for the chances the players miss. It was looking much the same against inter, dominating the game without putting too much pressure on the goalkeeper. We finally got that bit of luck with kuyts and gerrards goal was excellent. But if they walked away from that match 0-0 then again everyone would be finding fault with rafa. He deserves all the criticism he gets when he plays players out of position (crouch on the left !) or drop players when there in form in which we go on to lose that match, but the players, regardless still have put some effort in.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:38 pm

bigmick wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The lack of reaction on here when we beat Inter Milan, it's incredible really  :laugh:

:wwww I don't know mate I think we are onto page 73 on the match thread last I looked, and rightly so. I actually said on this thread about ten pages back, my point in the thread starter was not that the likes of yourself, Sabre, Lando and other poeple who have consistently supported Rafa had gone missing, it was more to do with the lack of posters who were outraged. Did it actually mean that such results had become the norm? accepted and expected?

I must confess that I had low morale this days and the great win of yesterday, especially when I've watched how we didn't allow Internazionale do their stuff, has been unexpected. Internazionale 5 months undefeated, Italian team... I wasn't confident.

:blush: ashamed of that, because I've seen very worrying things in the pitch as of late, but you should always trust this guys and the manager, who all share success and failures.

As for my absence in posting, I must be honest, I wasn't in the mood. You actually feel depressed because of the team, you think things like "well I don't think rotation is the culprit, but if I post this after the defeat there will be people mad and calling you everything". And since you do not want to wind up people and you are all depressed (in a football manner) you don't post that much.

Criticism after victories is much better discussed and accepted. Criticism on the team should be done after victories, where as after defeats we should post more supportive posts to the lads and manager. That's my strange and ideal view.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:45 pm

Kharhaz wrote:

Victorys and defeats have to be put down to both the players and the manager. Against barnsley the chances were created and only one was taken. My point was that rafa cannot be blamed for the chances the players miss. It was looking much the same against inter, dominating the game without putting too much pressure on the goalkeeper. We finally got that bit of luck with kuyts and gerrards goal was excellent. But if they walked away from that match 0-0 then again everyone would be finding fault with rafa. He deserves all the criticism he gets when he plays players out of position (crouch on the left !) or drop players when there in form in which we go on to lose that match, but the players, regardless still have put some effort in.

Players out of position? Last night I saw Dirk Kuyt left and right wing, is that his natural position but if he hadn't been on the left wing would he of scored?

So lets give Benitez some credit, YET AGAIN he's got it spot on in Europe. He's chosen a side that can win and he's set the tacitics to win. The players need to be given their credit for doing their bit. They stopped Inter from playing, start to finish. Inter weren't particually poor, we were just fantastic.

Well played all round.

One slight criticism is Aurellio played, but I'll let that pass considering the rest of the team played so well.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:56 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:One slight criticism is Aurellio played, but I'll let that pass .

F'ucking big of you . What now ? are we supposed to say thanks ? .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:58 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:One slight criticism is Aurellio played, but I'll let that pass .

:laugh: caught me by surprise then Woof  :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:08 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

If you want to thank me you can.

Nice of you though to leave out me praising the manager and result, but I suppose that was purposeful.

So again thank me if you like, it'd be better to thank me for expecting a 2-0 win before the match started, but I'll accept all thanks that come my way.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:09 pm

I thought Aurelio had a good game. Aside from his injury, ami the only oen who thinks hes a good prospect for us? he over lapped well, put in some good crosses
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:15 pm

Dawson, Aurellio had yards and yards and yards of space time and time and time and time and time and few other times again. His delivery was poor all night, he isn't up to the task of playing for Liverpool. He took his usual free kick from the right, instead of crossing to Hyypia, Carragher, Torres and Babel, he decides he's going to shoot (pretty much like every time he takes a free kick) it sails harmlessly over, even if by any chance he got it on target the keeper would of taken it down his throat.

He's useless. No wonder he was a free, if he was half decent then he wouldn't of run out of contract at a decent club like Valencia. He's one of those players who should be sold as soon as possible in the summer.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 pm

I didn't think he has his best night Daws TBPH but I think he's a lovely footballer. Trouble is with him obviously is that he's not fit for long enough periods to really nail down the left back slot. Obviously he must be sh!te hot at the free-kicks in training, but it really is getting to the stage now where you might as well let Gerrard smash it as let Fabio have yet another attempt which goes awry.

All that said I like him, and if he was ever to stay fit I think he'd improve immeasureably for a sustained run in the team. Obviously he isn't on his own in that regard, but I'd be playing him every game from now on and really seeing if he can cut the mustard from a physical point of view over here.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 pm

dawson99 wrote:I thought Aurelio had a good game. Aside from his injury, ami the only oen who thinks hes a good prospect for us? he over lapped well, put in some good crosses

Considering his injuries I also thought he played well, not only going forward but defensively. A few more games then I think we will start to see the best of him.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:17 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:it'd be better to thank me for expecting a 2-0 win before the match started, but I'll accept all thanks that come my way.

???

Does your dad know you're using his Newkit account ?

???
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:20 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:He's useless. No wonder he was a free if he was half decent then he wouldn't of run out of contract at a decent club like Valencia. He's one of those players who should be sold as soon as possible in the summer.

John, normally I broadly agree with you but not here. Why? "Cos you're wrong  :wwww  :p

I'm really starting to get into this short posting style now   :D
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion