It's incredible really, - The lack of reaction on here.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby flombs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:05 am

bigmick wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
flombs wrote:I'm trying to understand what makes some people on this board think that Benitez has any chance of winning the Premiership? I can't see it happening myself, then again i'm no expert on the inner workings of the club and whats going on in his head. I can only estimate by what i watch/see on the field, and its utter tripe honestly.
So, for all the Benitez Ultras out there tell me what im not getting.???

Your a supporter of the club, make up your own mind, as a  supporter, nobody else can tell you your own mind.

In fairness though, he has made up his mind by the sounds of it. He is saying he cannot understand why people think that Rafa will win the Premiership with liverpool based on what he is currently watching. I think he is kind of looking for an explanation. Usually at this point somebody comes in with the Valencia comparison, talks about Ferguson taking seven years or alludes to the record points total. Earlier in the season they used to add, "there's going to be some really embarassed people on here at the end of the season". They used to normally put one of these on the end :;):        or if they were feeling really confident, one of those  :buttrock

These days though they don't bother with all that. Just go for the "get a fecking clue" as Saint says, that'll shut him up  :D

i have just gone and bought myself some super glue  :D
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby flombs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:07 am

bigmick wrote:Hey!! Get a fecking clue Flombs lad :D

or Fecking Glue  :D  ...........barraboom! Tish!

I'll get my coat! :p

the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:09 am

flombs wrote:
s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
flombs wrote:I'm trying to understand what makes some people on this board think that Benitez has any chance of winning the Premiership? I can't see it happening myself, then again i'm no expert on the inner workings of the club and whats going on in his head. I can only estimate by what i watch/see on the field, and its utter tripe honestly.
So, for all the Benitez Ultras out there tell me what im not getting.???

Your a supporter of the club, make up your own mind, as a  supporter, nobody else can tell you your own mind.

In other words .... not got a fkn clue  :D

:D 

Honestly Karhaz, you can't tell me that your happy with the way LFC are playing their football? We are no closer to winning the premiership than the other years Benitez  has been managing the team. That's why i ask most of the Benitez supporters out there what makes you keep the faith with him? simple Q.

I support rafa because he is not the only one to blame. Always people blame him but the players are also too blameless. Really, why have a manager? as long as thing continue the players say what is what, it doesnt matter what the manager says. The players are paid fortunes, if I was a player, all I would care about is first and foremost, my family, then the club. All these lads care about is there wage, where is the next car coming from? Not long ago gerrard was broken in to and his family put at risk, how many members on here can say, that would never happen to me, my family comes first ! practically all of us, and yet when it comes to the club the players are blameless. No, face facts, the players make things happen. Enough of the spoilt brat, let them face there responsibilities.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flombs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:16 am

I totally agree with you that the players face alot of the responsability when it comes to what happens on the field. But you also allure to the fact that Benitez is not totally blameless. I dont agree with his rotation, playing players out of their positions and insisting that he plays players who are not worthy of playing i the red shirt. Sure they can love the club and run their bollox off for the club, but if they cant produce they should not be here. That all comes down to Benitez unfortunately.

This may well be the reason why the players are not performing, having lost their confidence for the manager. Its an option to why we are playing :censored:.

flombs

Postby TwelthMan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:18 am

The evidence that Rafa may never win us the league lies in the fact that he is obssessed with rotation and prioritises the CL over league games. So, unless we get financial backaing a la Chelski for players so we can have 2 super teams we will never have a squad good enough to win the league. The alternative of course is just to play your best team every game, gain confidence and momentum and happy days - but such a proven method would just be too simple for Rafa and his highly complex brain :p
TwelthMan

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:21 am

flombs wrote:I totally agree with you that the players face alot of the responsability when it comes to what happens on the field. But you also allure to the fact that Benitez is not totally blameless. I dont agree with his rotation, playing players out of their positions and insisting that he plays players who are not worthy of playing i the red shirt. Sure they can love the club and run their bollox off for the club, but if they cant produce they should not be here. That all comes down to Benitez unfortunately.

This may well be the reason why the players are not performing, having lost their confidence for the manager. Its an option to why we are playing :censored:.

Thats just it, I dont, I accept when rafa is wrong also, I still cannot get my head around what he was thinking during the reading match. My point is as much as rafa is to blame so are the players. They cannot do the basics, as in pass a ball, so as much as people are blaming rafa you have to include the players also.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:22 am

Kharhaz wrote:I support rafa because he is not the only one to blame. Always people blame him but the players are also too blameless. Really, why have a manager? as long as thing continue the players say what is what, it doesnt matter what the manager says. The players are paid fortunes, if I was a player, all I would care about is first and foremost, my family, then the club. All these lads care about is there wage, where is the next car coming from? Not long ago gerrard was broken in to and his family put at risk, how many members on here can say, that would never happen to me, my family comes first ! practically all of us, and yet when it comes to the club the players are blameless. No, face facts, the players make things happen. Enough of the spoilt brat, let them face there responsibilities.

So what do we do if the players aren't motivated, aren't prepared to give it all for the shirt? What if they really are a bunch of spoilt brats who only care about the cash?

Do we sell all of em, some of em, or none of em? Do we just get rid of the ones who are underperforming, or the ones who took the field in the worst performances, or both? Do we tell them that if they don't pull their fingers out of their erses, we're gonna fecking sort them out good proper the cheeky little c...s? (don't know what we'd do but you get my drift).

So if it's down to the players, are they just perenially sh!te or is it just a loss of form? Do we wait till they regain it, or the desire to play well if it's lacking, or do we just move them on?

If they really do lack desire, professionalism or are just plain sh!te, then I would suggest we find out at the earliest juncture what exactrly it is which makes them like this AFTER they have become Liverpool players. Given of course that we are completely and utterly ruling out the possibility that we might have bought the wrong players in the first place, or that the manager has not been too successful in motivating the players or getting them to play as a team, what else is it, something in the food or something? Whatever it is, unless we can find a solution or better still somebody to buy a bunch of players who can't beat Barnsley and pay absolutely top dollar, then we are fecked it seems to me.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flombs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:26 am

bigmick wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:I support rafa because he is not the only one to blame. Always people blame him but the players are also too blameless. Really, why have a manager? as long as thing continue the players say what is what, it doesnt matter what the manager says. The players are paid fortunes, if I was a player, all I would care about is first and foremost, my family, then the club. All these lads care about is there wage, where is the next car coming from? Not long ago gerrard was broken in to and his family put at risk, how many members on here can say, that would never happen to me, my family comes first ! practically all of us, and yet when it comes to the club the players are blameless. No, face facts, the players make things happen. Enough of the spoilt brat, let them face there responsibilities.

So what do we do if the players aren't motivated, aren't prepared to give it all for the shirt? What if they really are a bunch of spoilt brats who only care about the cash?

Do we sell all of em, some of em, or none of em? Do we just get rid of the ones who are underperforming, or the ones who took the field in the worst performances, or both? Do we tell them that if they don't pull their fingers out of their erses, we're gonna fecking sort them out good proper the cheeky little c...s? (don't know what we'd do but you get my drift).

So if it's down to the players, are they just perenially sh!te or is it just a loss of form? Do we wait till they regain it, or the desire to play well if it's lacking, or do we just move them on?

If they really do lack desire, professionalism or are just plain sh!te, then I would suggest we find out at the earliest juncture what exactrly it is which makes them like this AFTER they have become Liverpool players. Given of course that we are completely and utterly ruling out the possibility that we might have bought the wrong players in the first place, or that the manager has not been too successful in motivating the players or getting them to play as a team, what else is it, something in the food or something? Whatever it is, unless we can find a solution or better still somebody to buy a bunch of players who can't beat Barnsley and pay absolutely top dollar, then we are fecked it seems to me.

Thats part of my point Mick, it's really up to Benitez to motivate, ship out :censored: players and sign ones that really have the skill to play for LFC not just impress Benitez because he likes their mentality.

flombs

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:27 am

people forget, a lot of these players have no affinity to LFC, I know we would all play for free as we support them, but these players, its just a job and they would happily work elsewhere if the money was better
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:31 am

peewee wrote:people forget, a lot of these players have no affinity to LFC, I know we would all play for free as we support them, but these players, its just a job and they would happily work elsewhere if the money was better

Surely thats when the man management side comes in, giving the players the desire to give of their best and play to their full potential? Getting them believing the team comes first.
account deleted by request

Postby flombs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:32 am

peewee wrote:people forget, a lot of these players have no affinity to LFC, I know we would all play for free as we support them, but these players, its just a job and they would happily work elsewhere if the money was better

very true, could we also say the same thing about managers as well?

Does Benitez know that the team are playing :censored: or does he think his policies are going to kick in soon and the team are going to be immense winning us the league on a consistent basis? or is he clutching on straws just for a pay packet?

flombs

Postby flombs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:32 am

s@int wrote:

Surely thats when the man management side comes in, giving the players the desire to give of their best and play to their full potential? Getting them believing the team comes first.

well put.

flombs

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:41 am

s@int wrote:

exactly mate, benitez has no idea when it comes to this, he sees the players purely as commodities
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:45 am

peewee wrote:
s@int wrote:

exactly mate, benitez has no idea when it comes to this, he sees the players purely as commodities

And yet, not 15 minutes previously, you said:

"people forget, a lot of these players have no affinity to LFC, I know we would all play for free as we support them, but these players, its just a job and they would happily work elsewhere if the money was better".

Make up your mind, eh?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:51 am

s@int wrote:

They are playing for LFC. If the manager cannot remind them who they are playing for we all have no chance.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion