It's incredible really, - The lack of reaction on here.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:25 am

Are you two going to get a room or what?

I had this pic down as Bamaga and Leon, maybe I should have said Lando and Karhaz  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:26 am

It's unfortunate but it seems to be inevitable that discussions visa-vis the mananger turn into people throwing insults at each other. Part of me has a hankering for a time when people could voice an opinion without being ridiculed, lambasted and abused, but another part of me accepts this is unlikely in the short term.

I think some of the treatment dished out to the people who think that Rafa should be given another year as manager (I use the long winded description as some people on here don't like labels, "In Rafa we trusters" and the like) is unfair. It reminds me of some of the comments I endured earlier in the decade when I bemoaned the lack of logic in the rotation system, or earlier this season when I said we were out of the title race (a tad prematurely at the time as it turned out). There's no need for it and on a personal level (as that's all you are ever in control of at the end of the day) I'm not going to get involved in it myself. I may take the p!ss sometimes, but thats as far as it goes.

At the end of the day, thinking the manager should stay or go, or thinking he's done a good or a bad job under the circumstances is only ever an opinion. Similarly, whether or not you think rotation has worked for us or not is an opinion, as is whether or not it will work in the future. People can base their opinion and selectively pick out historical facts in whichever way best suits their point. If I was one of those people who thinks that Rafa should be allowed to see out his contract, and ultimately should be allowed the utmost longevity to continue to build upon the start he has made at rebuilding the club, in whichever manner he sees fit and in keeping with the long held traditions of Liverpool Football Club and in mind of all its illustrious history (a Rafa supporter for short) then I would point to the managers record in Spain. I would point out that often in football great things are achieved after a period of adversity, and that to cut our losses now will mean we've had the pain without waitng for the gain. I would point out that great football teams are made by the glueing together of great players, and it takes time. The Gerrards, the Torres's, the Masherano's etc etc and World Class players when put together attract other World Class players. I would ask for one more season to see which World Class players are attracted to the light like flies to a flame, the light which burns benath the smoke of our extended blip. I'd argue that the light was there but it was just that we couldn't see it right at the moment.

I might be wrong of course in saying that (it's always woth considering the eventuality  :) ) but then again I might be right. Nobody can say for certain that another season of Rafa style won't work. I'm pretty sure it won't, and I have said why many times, but there is the possibility that multiple rotations may suddenly click. This is why Lando, Sabre, Leon, Redtrader and the rest of the people who thing that on balance, perhaps we should resist the temptation to pull the trigger on rafa if indeed the temptation exists, and probably in view of the great nights the manager has given us in his four year tenure he should be given more time (Rafa supporters for short) are totally entitled to their view. That's why although I do take the p!ss sometimes as I say, I don't begrudge them their opinion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:37 am

When Benitez arrived at Anfield back in the summer of 04, he said "i have a five year plan"

Basing on that, he should be given the fifth year. After that then everyone including himself has got to admit he hasn't done as he set out, which is to win the league (depending he doesn't win it next year)

I don't want him here for that fifth year, basing it on the previous four, I don't see how it's all going to come to plan all of a sudden. But if he has a five year plan maybe we should see where we are after that. After all, even those who blame he hasn't had time, must accept five years is long enough. Those who blame money will have to accept that five years of spending would of be adaquate to at least challenge. Those who are blaming the yanks, can exaplain only for this season with that excuse as I don't see them here come this August.

If he wins the league next year, then I along with the rest will have to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong. His tactics and rotation do work.

So I'm starting to lean towards giving him another year, just to see his five year plan. If we're still a good 10 or more points behind next season (with Benitez in charge) then he'll have to be sacked. But if he goes at the end of this season, I won't lose any sleep over it either.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:41 am

s@int wrote:Image
Are you two going to get a room or what?

I had this pic down as Bamaga and Leon, maybe I should have said Lando and Karhaz  :D

I welcome that post, it makes a change from the usual copy and paste media tripe you come up with.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:44 am

I don't think Rafa mentioned five year plans mate, Houllier did. Rafa said...... "I am young, I want to win a lot of matches and I want to win in the right way. I want the supporters to be proud of the team, of the manager, of the players, of the club. It is a dream to come to one of the best leagues in world, one of the best teams."

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:45 am

I welcome that post, it makes a change from the usual copy and paste media tripe you come up with.

If it makes you happy I'm happy too

Postby flombs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:46 am

I'm trying to understand what makes some people on this board think that Benitez has any chance of winning the Premiership? I can't see it happening myself, then again i'm no expert on the inner workings of the club and whats going on in his head. I can only estimate by what i watch/see on the field, and its utter tripe honestly.
So, for all the Benitez Ultras out there tell me what im not getting.???
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:52 am

flombs wrote:I'm trying to understand what makes some people on this board think that Benitez has any chance of winning the Premiership? I can't see it happening myself, then again i'm no expert on the inner workings of the club and whats going on in his head. I can only estimate by what i watch/see on the field, and its utter tripe honestly.

Your a supporter of the club, make up your own mind, as a  supporter, nobody else can tell you your own mind.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:54 am

Kharhaz wrote:
flombs wrote:I'm trying to understand what makes some people on this board think that Benitez has any chance of winning the Premiership? I can't see it happening myself, then again i'm no expert on the inner workings of the club and whats going on in his head. I can only estimate by what i watch/see on the field, and its utter tripe honestly.

Your a supporter of the club, make up your own mind, as a  supporter, nobody else can tell you your own mind.

In other words .... not got a fkn clue  :D

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:58 am

s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

I never have, and never will tell people how to support LFC.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flombs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 am

s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

:D 

Honestly Karhaz, you can't tell me that your happy with the way LFC are playing their football? We are no closer to winning the premiership than the other years Benitez  has been managing the team. That's why i ask most of the Benitez supporters out there what makes you keep the faith with him? simple Q.

the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 am

Kharhaz wrote:

In fairness though, he has made up his mind by the sounds of it. He is saying he cannot understand why people think that Rafa will win the Premiership with liverpool based on what he is currently watching. I think he is kind of looking for an explanation. Usually at this point somebody comes in with the Valencia comparison, talks about Ferguson taking seven years or alludes to the record points total. Earlier in the season they used to add, "there's going to be some really embarassed people on here at the end of the season". They used to normally put one of these on the end :;):        or if they were feeling really confident, one of those  :buttrock

These days though they don't bother with all that. Just go for the "get a fecking clue" as Saint says, that'll shut him up  :D
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:03 am

Kharhaz wrote:
s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

He's not asking you how to support LFC, He's asking why do some people still think Rafa has a chance of winning the title ? Adding his opinion that what he is watching is tripe.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby flombs » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:03 am

Kharhaz wrote:
s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Karhaz, im asking what makes you keep the faith with Benitez. Simple question with a supposedly simple answer, since you defend him so much.

I'm not asking you to tell me how to support my own club for christ's sake, friggen hell  :O

flombs

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:04 am

Hey!! Get a fecking clue Flombs lad :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion