It's incredible really, - The lack of reaction on here.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:44 pm

Dundalk wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Talk :censored: are saying that they have word that if we dont get a good result this week Rafa will be sacked after the game ( :censored:), they would at least let him have a sleep first.

they did not say how they got this info (do they ever).

Who ever pays any attention to that station?

Why are you even listening to it?

I am not, there are posts on other forums about it.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:51 pm

s@int wrote:
become a Club that USED to win things

Thats what we are mate.....we haven't won anything since 2006 and we are not likely to in the forseeable future unless changes are made.

Spot on, S@int.

And it's not just the manager. It's a lot of other factors that have contributed to our downfall. This is what annoys me.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:53 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:

Thats what we are mate.....we haven't won anything since 2006 and we are not likely to in the forseeable future unless changes are made.

Spot on, S@int.

And it's not just the manager. It's a lot of other factors that have contributed to our downfall. This is what annoys me.

its been that way for 18 years.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:00 am

lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on, S@int.

Forget the Fa Cups, LEague Cups and European Cups (Wafer and CL) then hey ?

Jesus Christ lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:04 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on, S@int.

Jesus Christ lad.

You forgot the super cups and charity shields, after all to Benitez they're massively important trophies to win.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:05 am

Anfield rapper wrote:Nothing suprises me anymore. :(

I've been a critic of Rafa's since the away game at Portsmouth. But this time i think he got it right. I mean ok he leaves out a few players but we should still have enough quality to see this lot off at home. I blame the players for this one. We can't play Gerrard every game (we should try to in prem and CL games). There has to be a point where the team can actually function without Gerrard against lower league teams. We have a very big match this week and its imperetive we have the stongest side we can field.

Would Gerrard have made that much difference anyway? We had so many chances i doubt he would have. It was the strikers that let us down yet again. Torres is injured, surely we have another striker that can put away 1 chance in god knows how many. I don't mind when rafa rests players against lower league teams because i think its reasonable to expect the players coming in to be good enough. Its when he rests players in the prem that i get wound up. Ok we're not going to win the league this year but we are now in a right scrap for 4th.

Thank Christ, a post with sensible balance and parity amidst all the bollox. Thank you!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:06 am

You forgot the super cups and charity shields, after all to Benitez they're massively important trophies to win.

As a supporter to me also, Id like us to win all competitions we enter.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:06 am

lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on, S@int.

Agree its been like it for Years thats why i cant understand why evertone wants a quick fix and is blaming the manager hes been here now in his fourth season and brought us one of the highest pieces of silver wear you can win its not his fault that for 18 years we havnt won the league
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:08 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on, S@int.

Jesus Christ lad.

It never stopped you including them amongst Geds haul  :;):
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:09 am

lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on, S@int.

This is my point exactly. So why is there always a horde of feral villagers with sharpened pitchforks looking to just lynch the manager on a consistent bases?

People say, "Oh, but he buys the players, he picks the team...blah, blah, yaddah yaddah, bullsh...". This is true. I don't dispute it. But, if someone wants to play that argument, then who are the one's that first scout the manager then employ him?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:11 am

Kharhaz wrote:

So you take a sense of pride in winning a charity shield. The game everyone considers to be a warm up game. It's not a trophy you take any pride in winning.

I want us to win every game we play, but I don't go round boasting that we've won the charity shield or the super cup.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:12 am

redtrader74 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on, S@int.

Jesus Christ lad.

I included them because Benitez included them as a big up for his reign. I was pointing out if they counted for Benitez, then they did for Houllier.

I still don't think they're any trophies to take pride in winning.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:13 am

Kharhaz wrote:

So you take a sense of pride in winning a charity shield. The game everyone considers to be a warm up game. It's not a trophy you take any pride in winning.

I want us to win every game we play, but I don't go round boasting that we've won the charity shield or the super cup.

Your fishing for an argument but I aint going to lower myself. You can read what I put. Stop trying to twist my words and grow up.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:14 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Your fishing for an argument but I aint going to lower myself. You can read what I put. Stop trying to twist my words and grow up.

You've said you want us to win every game. I accept that, and agree. I want to know if you take pride in winning a charity shield?
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:18 am

redtrader74 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:

Spot on, S@int.

Jesus Christ lad.

I included them because Benitez included them as a big up for his reign. I was pointing out if they counted for Benitez, then they did for Houllier.

I still don't think they're any trophies to take pride in winning.

You use the 'Houllier won more cups than Rafa' argument against those who support Rafa, you tried to legitimise that as a point in itself, yet now, you're willing to distinguish between 'cups'. Before, there was no distinction.

Unfu.ckin.gbeliev.able

It's incredible really.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion